[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do small dogs yap so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

Why do small dogs yap so much?
>>
poor training
>>
shit owners, I've never had a small dog that yapped.
>>
>>2217706
This.

The same reason large dogs maul people.
>>
>>2217702
Their bad behavior is considered cute.
>>
>>2217702
>oh look he's trying to bite me!
>SO CUTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjCjr0njHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m-ddwJtICU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmAR-r-Paw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXlqY7LaiYg
>>
Dogs have an instinct to bark at things that threaten them. Things that threaten them are often larger than they. Small dogs have more to be threatened of than large dogs, so small dogs bark more.
>>
>>2217731
all I have is anecdotal but that doesn't seem true to me.
>>
why are all pitbull owners whitetrash?
>>
>>2217733
there may be a tiny bit of truth to it. I am not scared of 10 ducks running past me.
I am scared of a herd of cows or horses running past me, however. Must suck being so small that most things can easily kill ya

anyway, I think for the most part it's shitty owners, tho
>>
>>2217731

That may be true, but I think the main reason is that small dogs are not thretening to other humans the same way a big dog is, that's why shitty owner who only wants something cute can get away with not raising their dog properly.

For example: A chiuaua tries to bite you, "OH LOOK HOW CUTE!"

A dobberman bites you, "Sorry anon we are going to have to put him down, he is dangerous."
>>
>>2217739
dogs aren't self-aware, small dogs don't realize they're small.
>>
Small dogs have the same capacity for obedience and good behavior as large dogs. But people don't TRAIN small dogs because they think they're too small to cause problems. Their bark isn't loud, their bite isn't hard, they can't efficiently destroy anything, etc.

For everyone 1 disobedient large dog, there are 10 disobedient small dogs.

Also, a $20 no-bark collar will fix that yapping in 2 weeks. But since small dogs are also overly coddled, none of the owners can stand the idea of "shocking" their precious furbabies. If you've ever put a modern e-collar on your arm, you know why that's in parenthesis.
>>
>>2217743
>For everyone 1 disobedient large dog, there are 10 disobedient small dogs.
that's a load of bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>2217743
a shock collar isn't neccessary unless you've fucked up the training.

the dogs I've had were adopted off CL, they don't bark loud or bite.
>>
>>2217745
>that's a load of bullshit and you know it.

Not that guy but you are right. for every 10 disobedient small dogs there are 0 disobedient large dogs, large dogs get put down if you don't raise them properly.
>>
>>2217753
I see more disobedient medium dogs than anything else, probably because those are the most common.

I'd say it has nothing to do with the size, every other dog of any size and any breed will be shit no matter where you live.
>>
>>2217753
...unless they're a popular dog like husky. then they can seriously injure people and idiots will still get up in arms when shelters try to put them down.
>>
>>2217745

I absolutely, 100% challenge you to find me wrong. I guarantee that anyone who walks in this thread will back up that statement with their own experience. It's subjective, so there are no studies, but everyone knows small dogs tend to have behavior problems. It is *expected* of them. We frown at large dogs that are misfits, but shrug off small dogs because it's the status quo for them to be assholes.
>>
>>2217758

Not in my country, if a dog bites an a human it's requierd by law to put it down.

>>2217756

Well that's your experience. But can you not understand how a dobberman biting a person would be a bigger problem than a chiuaua?
>>
>>2217759
I think it depends on what kind of dogs are the most common in your area, those will always be the most shit.

almost all disobedient dogs are pitbulls here for example.
>>
>>2217761
>can you not understand

this is plont we're talking about. i bet if we had archives i could dig up a thread where he was insisting all small dogs misbehave.
>>
>>2217761
barking chiuauas get booted the same way any other nuisance would if it barks for more than 15 minutes a day.
>>
>>2217761
that still depends on whether it's reported or not.
>>
File: amazing.jpg (312KB, 1221x732px) Image search: [Google]
amazing.jpg
312KB, 1221x732px
>>2217765
I don't post in dog threads often.
>>
>>2217764

There's "canine-per-capita", which most people ignore. For example, per capita, Chow-Chows bite 5x (5.6x, actually) more people than pitbulls. All 6 breeds, combined.

Same goes for small dogs. If you put 100 small dogs next to 100 large dogs, the small dogs will have 5x as many incidents of aggression or general assholery (estimate, obviously).

But you know that perfectly well. You're not an idiot.
>>
>>2217767
>that still depends on whether it's reported or not.

True, but in my country, it is a huge deal if a dog bites an other person. People lose their shit, newspapers writes articles and sometimes the police even come and shoots it. Even if it nots agressive, only for biting.

Remember, it's never the dogs fault that it's "misbehaving", it's always the owners fault.

>>2217766

Not really. At least not in my experience. Owners who own small dogs gets away with alot of shit, because when they are to stupid/lazy/ignorant to train their dog properly there is not as big as consequenses as if it was a big dog.

Remember, it's never the dogs fault for "misbehaving", always the owners. If a dog is acting like shit, it has a shitty owner.
>>
>>2217769
small dogs aren't that common here, I know a few people with dachshunds, and some old cunt in my street has a small barking chiuaua, but that's about it.

pitbulls account for pretty much everything, aside from a few yappers.
>>
>>2217736
Is whitetrash like poor white people?

Because I know a few rich guys who own them as well.

Or do you mean whites that no matter how much money they make who are shit?
>>
>>2217771
it's just the biting that has more consequenses for larger dogs since small dogs can't really do shit except snap at your ankles and get kicked into the canal.
>>
>>2217775
>Or do you mean whites that no matter how much money they make who are shit?
yes.

they often got enough money from their welfare + mental health checks.

(you get paid to be retarded in the netherlands)
>>
>>2217776

Barking also generally, since a large dog barking is much more intimidating to people, and especially to kids.
>>
>>2217778
most people I see that are afraid of dogs are afraid of them regardless of their size.

I was doing maintenance in some shitty farmer village last winter and everyone had a fucking huge dog in their front yard and they all barked at eachother the entire day.
>>
>>2217705
>poor training

This.
>>
>>2217782

Yeah, farmers dogs often barks alot, my grandpa is a farmer so I know, it was kind of their greeting, but that's kind of their purpose. Farmers have dogs for guarding the land and hunting.
>>
>>2217784
it wasn't just a greeting, it lasted the entire day, there wouldn't be 5 minutes of silence.

I was there for an entire week, had to wear ear protection.
>>
>>2217730
this, fucking sadical people teasing weak beings, but same people get spooked to a big dog playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6oeg0qaI-Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W3kPSrqGbo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfYQdEC5cxs
>>
>>2217786

Shitty owners then.
>>
>>2217789
if I were a farmer I'd get a flock of geese instead t b h f a m
>>
>>2217745

Agree.

It's more like 20....
>>
>>2217792
how common are small dogs there?
>>
>>2217746
E-collars are great for proofing behavioral training, like barking, trash diving, etc...

They allow you to essentially hide from the dog and give it a stim when it thinks it's alone and can fuck off without getting caught.
>>
>>2217797
They don't always work. My border collie would bark through the shocks. He was well behaved every single other way but refused to stop barking during the day. Which normally isn't a problem but we had bitchy neighbors that worked nights.
>>
File: ecolocation_types.jpg (84KB, 550x548px) Image search: [Google]
ecolocation_types.jpg
84KB, 550x548px
>>2217702

it's a form of echolocation
>>
>>2217702
Because their owners don't train them, just like larger dogs who bark all day.
>>
>>2217876
>They don't always work.

And?

Cars don't work sometimes, that doesn't mean they aren't fucking awesome.
>>
>>2217739
>he doesn't know about ducks
>>
>>2217702
my little dog doesn't

i'm thinking that poor training because people don't take little dogs' behavioral issues seriously compared to big dogs is the problem.

Seriously though, little rat killer dogs are pretty great when you have a vegetable garden at home - rabbits don't even come into my back yard any more.
>>
Its cherub syndrome. Because its small, bad behavior is deemed "cute" and most people find such a small dog harmless. The dog can do no wrong.. etc etc
>>
>be me today, walking down the street
>go past a house
>there's a tiny dog outside the house and it starts barking
>the sound is so nerve wrecking it makes me want to stomp on that little shit

I've found that most of them are just annoying by nature, no matter how well they're trained. It's like those people with punchable faces.
>>
File: 1473915682266.jpg (19KB, 245x229px) Image search: [Google]
1473915682266.jpg
19KB, 245x229px
>>2219130
if they're yapping they are clearly not well trained, and you should get help for that anger problem of yours.
>>
>>2219138
What problem?

Just because the dude was irritated doesn't mean he has a problem. On the contrary, the fact that he didn't act on his irritation clearly demonstrates that he doesn't have a problem.

Quit being such a pussy.
>>
>>2219130

Even worse is when they're inside looking out the window and still fucking bark.

Then the owner looks at you like it's your fault.
>>
>>2219147
He is allowing a minor thing to annoy him to the point of violent fantasy.

Quit enabling him, pussy.
>>
>>2217702
my pupper only barks during his 'separation anxiety'.

Its starting to learn throught structure and increasingly gaining memory span each day.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.