[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

memes aside are they good dogs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: shiba-inu-1.jpg (77KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shiba-inu-1.jpg
77KB, 1000x1000px
memes aside are they good dogs?
>>
>>2213096
Depends on what you want out of a dog.
>>
File: tumblr_o36lhqZNto1rpxiywo3_540.jpg (82KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o36lhqZNto1rpxiywo3_540.jpg
82KB, 540x720px
>>
File: 3453.jpg (33KB, 605x464px) Image search: [Google]
3453.jpg
33KB, 605x464px
>>
>>2213096
They're more like cats.
>>
File: 1463974436906.jpg (52KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463974436906.jpg
52KB, 480x720px
>>
>>2213126
This.

They're the cats of the dog world and probably also a reason why they're so popular on the intertubes
>>
>>2213138
the weak, fear, strong etc etc
>>
>>2213096
Nope.
They're aloof, dickwads, bark a lot and aren't particularly smart.
>>
>>2213096
Japanese managed to create the cutest dog breed in the world.
>>
>>2213181
This. Very cute, but generally the most insufferable autistic dogs in existence.
>>
>>2213126
>>2213139
They're not like cats at all. They're dogs. They have the body language and personality of a dog. They have a high prey drive and energy. They're acting more mature than other dogs since their domestication level is lower. So you have trouble convincing them to follow your commands and are not as easily trainable and are not as attached to humans.

Also they shed fur like crazy.
>>
>>2213202
>They have the body language and personality of a dog. They have a high prey drive and energy. They're acting more mature than other dogs since their domestication level is lower. So you have trouble convincing them to follow your commands and are not as easily trainable and are not as attached to humans.
Those are all cat-like characteristics.
>>
>>2213186
Japs didn't do shit. Throughout most of their history, they've been feral mutts. Not until recent times did some westerner find them cute and decide to breed them.
>>
just get an akita it's the same thing without the annoying screams
>>
>>2213211
Yes.
Also just overall better. More social, less dickish (though destructive when bored) and much smarter.
Akitas do need a lot of exercise though.
>>
The problem with equating them with cats is people think that means they are low energy and low maintenance. The only reason they are compared to cats is that they are very independent, like most cats are. They Don't flip shit when they see you, they aren't known as cuddlers, in my experience they wouldn't care if I was in the room or not.

That being said they are not low energy dogs, they still need to be walked twice a day and tired out and have some outlets for mental stimulation. Training them will be pretty hard because they don't care much to please. In that case, it's like training a cat.
>>
>>2213126
They're not more like cats, they are more like cats than other dogs, or, they are cat-like dogs. They are however more dog than cat. Please learn to speak English and articulate yourself correctly.
>>
They're cheeky little shits and have earsplitting barks.
>>
>>2213096
Is that doge?
>>
>>2213104
Sleep tight puppy
>>
>>2213198
So like how Japs are cute but the most insufferable and autistic people in existence?
>>
They're all right. I find mine a perfectly tolerable creature.

I would not, however, say that they're anything remotely like cats. They are dogs in every sense of the word, although perhaps I say this because I have had five cats. I know cats, just as well as I know dogs. And they are undeniably nothing like cats.

Shiba Inus have a typically Asian Spitz personality. That is what you can expect from them, only condensed, because they're much smaller than Akitas or Chow Chows.
>>
>>2214078
>asan spitz personality
What does that mean? How do they differ from Nordic Spitzes? They seam almost identical, just that they bark less.
>>
>>2214131
Seem*
>>
>>2213208
Nope, cats are easier to train and will come faster when called.
>>
>>2214143
>cats are easier to train
as compared to dogs?
or compared to meme doges?
>>
>>2213211
>just get an akita

so basically just an orange and expensive husky
>>
>>2214143
Lmao, funny joke
>>
Actually, They're pretty stubborn and very hard to train so they're not for a beginner. They also sometimes bite but still are pretty loyal, So i really do recommend them if you're experienced.
>>
>>2214132
They're warier. They don't like strangers or strange dogs. Often they won't get along with dogs of the same sex.

Nordic Spitz, the ones bred to work in teams of dogs, have to be more accepting of other dogs by mere definition. They must also not lash out at foreign handlers, so they must also be more accepting of strangers.

Not all Nordic Spitz will be like this. You'll get the fiercely independent breeds, but often they were created to do independent work. Thus you husky differs wildly from your Karelian Bear Dog.

You might find that Shiba Inus bark plenty.
>>
>Shiba Inu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCBSjaIQ5ds
>>
>>2214370
>dog is obviously stressed out and uncomfortable
>"FUNNY! LOL"
Can Americans even be considered human?
>>
File: pup.jpg (22KB, 360x479px) Image search: [Google]
pup.jpg
22KB, 360x479px
>>
>>2214269
wtf akita's are nothing like husky's you moron
>>
>>2213181
The problem is that they're too smart actually.

They get bored, get fixated on something, figure out how to get to it/whatever then they end up in a horrible situation.

They're also very stubborn so standard training methods don't work either.
>>
>>2215290
Sounds like dumb dogs.
>>
File: image000000.jpg (233KB, 1233x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image000000.jpg
233KB, 1233x2048px
My friend got one because of the meme. She seemed to learn all of his commands very quickly, however she's destroyed a lot of things around his house.
>>
>>2213096
I was told that if you take them out they must always be leashed because once they go after something, they go..., and it's hard to get them to come back on command. I've never owned one tho so I don't know how true that actually is.
>>
>>2215438
smart in the sense they can figure shit out - open sliding doors/drawers, open latches, get the treat under the rug and shit.

but yes, this makes them stupid, because then they end up in the strangest fixes, like getting itself tangled up in a tire swing.
>>
>>2215463
Can confirm this as true.
>>
File: 1473727624926.jpg (21KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1473727624926.jpg
21KB, 640x480px
I live in an 800sqft apartment with a roommate whose usually at the room, am in and out of the space all day and have plenty of places to take a dogger outside

Would a Shiba still be happy if I had to leave him alone for 4-5 hours at a time?

It would be my first dog, are they really that bad for beginners?
>>
>>2216049
It could be potentially destructive, but would otherwise be okay with you being gone for hours at a time.

That said yard access while you're out would be preferable but if you have someone at the apartment keeping it company at all times it should be fine.
>>
>>2216062
Maybe I should put a helper animal vest on him and take him to class with me
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.