[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mustelid General For all your needs mustelid. >Ferrets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

Mustelid General

For all your needs mustelid.

>Ferrets
>Martens
>Minks
>Ermines
>Polecats
>Weasels
>Otters

The list goes on. Post pictures of your qts.
>>
First for long mammals.
>>
>>2209600
Is this a snake cat?
>>
File: 20160823_170743.jpg (3MB, 2177x2120px) Image search: [Google]
20160823_170743.jpg
3MB, 2177x2120px
>>2209600
/k/ checking in with tactical cat snake
>>
i want to get 2 ferrets but im nervous.
>>
I love these Lil guys. Never owned one, but they are fun.
Biggest thing though, how do you get rid of the smell?
>>
>>2209684
>Bengals gear
You near Cincy too, fellow /k/ommando?
>>
>>2210991
Bathe them
>>
File: 1458088416309.jpg (701KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1458088416309.jpg
701KB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>2211102
are these yours? how friendly are they?
>>
>>2211102

10/10
grade a flopwops
>>
I have a few questions
>Yearly cost of a ferret
>Difficulty for someone who's only handled cats dogs and snakes
>Cost of an actual ferret and best way to buy one (pet store, slightly matured baby, mature)
>What's abuse when taking care of a ferret (how long should he be caged, is feeding him too much bad ect ect)
>Diet?

Like all exotic pets the websites make me very frustrated by being incredibly vague, and/or don't own one becoz you're such a newbbb
>>
>>2211135

I owned one as a child so I didn't really know the cost, but they need a serious amount of space. They can be trained to go in a litterbox fairly easily, but they go /often/ so it's not like you can afford to wait three or four days without changing substrate. Also, they're easily prone to depression if they're kept alone or not played with. Like, within two days they'll be moping.
>>
>>2211145
Huh well I have a tough work schedule so maybe it's not the pet for me but I only sleep 4 hours and I have the entire night to myself
>>
>>2211145
do they like to be held/cuddled/petted?

i had gerbils as a kid and it made me dislike small animals because they tend to not like to be touched very much
>>
>>2211180

Sure.
They need to be socialized but they hardly bite unless playing rough. On the downside, they're so curious and energetic that, unless they're tuckered out from playing, they'll rarely sit still for any length of time.
>>
File: BigWolvie.jpg (1001KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
BigWolvie.jpg
1001KB, 2048x1536px
>>2209600
I've always liked wolverines. When I needed a sci-fi alien race at once point I just stretched wolverines and added another set of legs, along with a few other alien-nesses. I always wondered why the Federation doesn't just hire some weaselly aliens or quadupeds of some sort to work in the Jeffries tubes. (Yes, I know it's because they didn't have the budget for nonhumanoid aliens.)
>>
First time poster. Gave my baby a bath the other night and took some pics.
>>
File: bath.jpg (8KB, 261x464px) Image search: [Google]
bath.jpg
8KB, 261x464px
>>2211203
Woops, forgot pic.
>>
File: bath 3.jpg (25KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
bath 3.jpg
25KB, 540x960px
>>2211204
>>
File: bath 2.jpg (58KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
bath 2.jpg
58KB, 540x960px
>>2211206
>>
>>2210993
New Mexico, got family in cincy though. Dixie Chili master race
>>
File: image.jpg (219KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
219KB, 750x1334px
>>
Is it true ferrets smell like absolute piss? Or is it only males?
>>
>>2211204
Does she enjoy bathing? Very cute
>>
>>2212076
No she absolutely hates it so I try to only do it every few months. I found out that she's a lot calmer if I make a bubble bath rather than trying to hold her and rub her down. I still have a scar from when I bathed her one time. Poor thing thought my arm would make a good escape route and clung for dear life.
>>
>>2212066
My friend had a ferret and they smell really musky.

I liked putting it on my shoulders and pretending I was wearing a fur coat.
>>
>>2211111
Whoops! forgot to check back in on this thread. Not mine, but I wish.
>>
My girlfriend and I have been thinking about buying two but were not sure if its a good idea.
Is there a website you would recommend to learn more about them or advice and stories about yours?
We own a small dog together and we have an okay amount of free time daily.
>>
>>2211055

How often?
>>
>>2215168
If your asking about the free time I have all day free cause I work midnight to morning and my girlfriend works during the day until 4ish.
>>
>>2214083
Clean cage often, especially with two. It's good that you're planning for two because that means they're less likely to get bored. Pic related is my baby and I feel bad when I'm gone because she doesn't have a partner to play with.>>2211204

Make sure you have a dedicated room they can roam around in. Check for any kind of holes or escape routes, bedrooms usually work best. Even so, let them run around heavily supervised because they WILL find a flaw. Mine found a gap in the carpeted stairs in my old apartment and that was a doozy. They can sometimes fit under doors, so be weary of that.

This is a very specific issue with mine, but try to keep open drinks out of reach. I cannot stress the amount of times the little shit has pushed a glass or can off the table and made a mess.
>>
>>2214083
>>2215454
Also in regards to the dog, be SUPER careful and introduce them only after the ferret is used to the house. It can go either way with dogs. When I lived with my grandmother my ferret got along great with her Coton, but the Pomeranian was a bitch. Just always supervise it. Ferrets are feisty though. Mine used to climb on top of the Pom and bite her head when she got pissed off.
>>
>>2215454
>>2215455
I've heard some people say they smell pretty bad but others say its no worse than a dog, Is it really that bad?

When you say dedicated room does that mean a whole room just for them or just ferret proof a room im okay with them running around in?

I'm not too worried about my dog not getting along with it, we've introduced her to a lot of small animals and we have yet to have a problem but I would never leave them alone together.

Your ferret is adorable, do they usually like bathing or is that an individual thing?
>>
>>2212066
>Is it true ferrets smell like absolute piss? Or is it only males?
Depends on the diet you feed them and how often you clean their cage since their shit smells really fucking bad. My ferret stinks up the room when we play with her but she eats whole rabbit.
>>
File: bb chestnuts.jpg (99KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
bb chestnuts.jpg
99KB, 1024x682px
>>2209600
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.