[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best bang:buck canned cat food? I've got two 3mo kittens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: catfood2.jpg (19KB, 397x302px) Image search: [Google]
catfood2.jpg
19KB, 397x302px
Best bang:buck canned cat food?

I've got two 3mo kittens and feeding them adds up. I estimate at the current rate, about $800-1000USD spent per year. I was wondering if I could lower that a bit without negatively impacting the long-term health of my cats.

I've tried so far:
>Wellness Kitten 3oz cans
cats like it but it's fairly expensive and you only get 3oz cans for like $1.50/ea, have to feed them like 4 cans a day. But it's supposed to have high protein for kittens and they seem to enjoy it.
>Wellness 12.5oz can
these aren't kitten-specific but you get way more for your money (~$3) compared to the 3oz cans. The problem is distributing the right amount, not over/underfeeding. Refrigerating the can thickens the entire formula and makes it harder to deal with. I thought about using a scale to make sure I scoop out the right amount of food, but it seems like a pain.
>Grreat Choice Poultry Platter 5.5oz can
I found this by accident, it's like $0.50 pate and grain-free. A lot of water/"gravy" in the can and the contents look pretty sludgy, but the kittens eat it. Maybe I should just stock up on this as it's about a third of the cost of everything else, but there's gotta be some catch, this can't actually be as good for my cats as anything else? Also you can only get it at PetSmart
>Natural Balance Wild Pursuit 6oz can
This was on sale for $0.83/ea but it seems to normally go for more like $1.25-1.50. This pate is dog food-like in consistency but is packed with protein (11%) and calories (up to 250kcal in 6oz can) which has allowed me to feed my kittens each a can per day, also high protein is good for kittens right? A lot of reviews say their cats really hate it, I can see that, mine seem to scarf it down like they do anything.

Any kind of cat food you guys swear by?
>>
If you live near a tractor supply, they have a good house brand 4health. Comes in grain free too.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.