[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Twice now, I have stepped on a roundworm. My new kitten decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Roundworms.jpg (34KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
Roundworms.jpg
34KB, 500x365px
Twice now, I have stepped on a roundworm. My new kitten decided it was about time to show it had a bunch of worms in him by vomiting them out throughout the house. The worms are about 3-4 inches. I'm already worming him, but now I am worried about myself.

The cat is going through the playful biting stage and my hands look like they've been attacked a cheese grater. I wash my hands more then the average person does, but how likely am I to get the worms? I know he's liked his ass before attacking me, so now all I can think about are eggs hatching in my skin and unleashing flesh-craving monstrosities.
>>
Keep your hands washed. Roundworm tranission is via consuming the eggs, found in feces of infested animals.

Even if you get them, as a healthy adult you aren't likely to have much of a problem from them. It's mostly infants, the elderly, and those with obliterated immune systems that really need to worry.

If you think you may have them, talk to your doctor for a blood test. If it comes back positive, you'll be given anti-helmentic drugs to kill them off.
>>
Roundworms are fucking disgusting.
>>
>>2172653
As a healthy adult my immune system can kill the worms?
>>
>>2172655
>How serious is infection?

>In most cases roundworm infections are not serious and many people, especially adults, who are infected may not notice any symptoms.
>The most severe cases are rare, but are more likely to occur in young children, who often play in dirt, or eat dirt contaminated by dog or cat stool.
>>
>>2172657
Just because they don't cause any symptoms doesn't mean I want them in me. They need to be eradicated.
>>
>>2172645
if it's allready vomiting them up, have her treated

they usually live in the intestines, hich means they can only be shat out (eggs and dying ones

If there are too many, they move through the body, usually the lungs, where they are also able to reproduce by making the host cough up eggs and young ones and swallow them, sometimes adult worms get coughed up and spat out

so maybe that's what you were seeing
>>
>>2172709
But can I get worms if the egg enters one of my cuts?
>>
>>2172896
Omg
>>
>>2172896

Yes, it's very likely you already have roundworms in your skin.
>>
>>2172896
You'll have to clean your cuts in bleach. Only way to kill them.
>>
>>2172645
>my new kitten
That's what you get for inviting vermin into your home
>>
File: 1469056482748-0.jpg (145KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1469056482748-0.jpg
145KB, 1440x1080px
>>2172901
>>2172904
Are you fucking with me?
>>
>>2172911
Yeah lol he meant to wash the cat in bleach
>>
File: OP_7_Days_Later.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
OP_7_Days_Later.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>2172896

Indeed. If you can get hold of them, you can wrap them around a stick and pull them out slowly.
>>
File: 1466181166855.jpg (226KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466181166855.jpg
226KB, 1280x960px
>>2172913
I'm going to die, aren't I?

Are they noticeable under the skin?
>>
>>2172917
Yes
>>
File: OP.jpg (410KB, 1515x1006px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
410KB, 1515x1006px
>>2172917

Yeah, they cause a lot of pain as they migrate around under your skin. They'd likely be wherever your skin hurts at the time. There are other side effects like fevers and inflammation as well.
>>
>>2172929
>>2172930

A simple yes or no would be appreciated.

My parents are not believing me when I say we are all likely to have worms. Everyone is cut up from the cat. They won't allow me to go to the hospital to eradicate the parasites. Or at least find out if I have them.
>>
>>2172933
You won't get your cat's worms from the cuts on your body. You will get them from being around things contaminated with the infected feces, not washing your hands enough, and ingesting some of the eggs from the feces via cross contamination.

Wash your hands after touching the cat or when working around areas likely to ve exposed to its shit, and properly clean and dispose of cat shit.
>>
>>2172970
You're fine OP as long as you shower regularly. Notice these are all in Africans.
>>
>>2172933
you arent gonna get worms unless you eat your cat's shit. the pics in this thread are of an african worm that is almost eradicated anyway
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.