[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do dogs notice when a dog they've known for years died?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pigeon talks to kid.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pigeon talks to kid.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
Do dogs notice when a dog they've known for years died?

It isn't a recent thing, but I used to have two dogs. One of them died due to a tumor in her uterus a few years ago.

The remaining pupper didn't seem to mind too much, but we've noticed that he became much more disobedient, started barking non stop to people on the street(he barely barked before), started pissing inside the house, stuff like that. Previously, both dogs had free access to the inside of the house and they'd always take care of their needs in the backyard, on a specific spot.

Because of his behavior, we now have to keep him outside most of the day, and since there's no other dog now, I'm afraid he's feeling lonely when I'm not around.

I thought about buying another dog, but my current pupper is a bit old, so I feel it may start a neverending cycle of one dog dying, and having to buy a new one to make sure the last one isn't lonely.

What to do?
>>
>>2172583
Buy a new dog and keep the cycle going till you die.
Also yes they know their friend is dead and are lonely.
>>
Pets do get depressed when a buddy of theirs dies. Leaving him outside by himself all day isn't going to help his behavior, in facts its a sad thing. Get him another dog to be around with and give him company. If you don't intend on keeping a cycle like you said then spend lots of time with it to not be lonely until he passes.
>>
One of our dogs got excited when I mimicked a previous dog that had died, or might have been another person

I feel so shitty thinking about it now

The look of joy on that old girls face, speed walking around the corner with her ears up.
>>
>>2172664
How do you imitate a particular dog?
>>
>>2172664
Now I'm sad.
>>
>>2172671
I'm guessing the sound of their bark or something
>>
Of course they notice.
>>
My brother's cat went batty when my cat died. So my parents got another cat after a few months and he went back to normal almost immediately
>>
Well, I'll have to do some convincing here but I'll try to get a new dog.
>>
>>2172671
Maybe scratching at a door.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.