[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello fr/an/ds I'm adopting 2 cats (ages 9 and 10) who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Hello fr/an/ds

I'm adopting 2 cats (ages 9 and 10) who have known each other for years and get along well on Friday. I have one cat (who I've had for 19 years), and am hoping the two new cats will be good companions for her, as she has outlived her other cat friends.

I have been reading about how to introduce them extensively online, and am conflicted as to which method to use. It seems the most popular approaches are a very slow introduction over the course of several weeks, and to keep them separate for a couple days while the new cats adjust, then once they seem comfortable, introduce them from a distance and give treats, then allow them to interact in the room. The second approach recommends that if they hiss at first, to just keep them in the same room as long as they aren't fighting, and they will eventually become friends.

What are your thoughts?
>>
>19
Try to avoid forcing them together if she finds it too stressful. Cats that old really don't like to handle things like that.
>>
>>2171815
yeah I wouldn't want to stress her

if it really is bad i can just keep them on different floors of the house.
>>
>she outlived her cat friends

Man that sounds sad.
>>
I'd say just follow you're feeling. I had to look after a friends cat recently and i decided to just see if it would work out if i took that cat in with my own cat. before that, i had brought my cat over twice to their house, for like fifteen minutes each time, and that went fine. so when i brought that cat over to my place, i just let them in the same room right away, and there were no problems at all. it mostly depends on how social and/or territorial the cats are
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.