[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you don't spay or neuter your pets, /an/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: 1370505663008.jpg (76KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
1370505663008.jpg
76KB, 500x579px
How many of you don't spay or neuter your pets, /an/?
>>
Me. Because I don't support mutilation.

>inb4 "it's better for them because muh overbreeding, muh dogs dying in animal shelters"
>>
I want to get her spayed, but im not allowed to.
>>
>>2168442
I bet you were circumcised as a baby and now feel violated
>>
Wtf is the difference between spayed and neutered
>>
>>2168492
One is for males and other for females.
>>
>>2168442
More like you don't care about the welfare of animals you fucker
>>
>>2168439

Why would I do that to my best friend?
>>
>>2168502
What does that even mean? Neutering and spaying only has to do with population control. It does reduce the chances of some cancers, while increasing the chances of others. As long as the owner is responsible and doesn't let their unfixed animals run free, it's none of anybodies business if they do or don't get them snipped.
>>
>>2168439
Oh, and for the record, I don't. I'm a responsible owner, so it doesn't matter.

Also while on the subject, many people get their pets spayed and neutered way too early. At least wait until they are finished growing and developing. They need intact genitals to produce certain hormones and to grow as nature intended.
>>
>>2168470
males->neuter
females->spay
>>
File: pyometra-5-638.jpg (69KB, 638x479px) Image search: [Google]
pyometra-5-638.jpg
69KB, 638x479px
>>2168522

Pyometra says hi, as much as it's up in the air regarding the benefits of a male neuter- spaying is massively important to prevent a silent pyometra killing your dog/your wallet.
>>
>>2168439
I only spay/neuter cats, dogs, and rabbits. Anything else is still a little too small for vet science, I'd be worried they'd die.

Also those sutures are fucking shit, someone need to redo those.
>>
>>2168522
Wrong, ish. The pros of spaying massively outweigh the cons. Pyometra, as one anon points out, as well as reduce thr risk of way more cancers than it might increase the risk of. All the vetinary papers I have read say spaying is a massively good thing.

I will say that neutering is somewhat still ambiguous as to if it is beneficial from a health perspective. Unfixed dogs DO live longer of either gender, but there could be other things at work beyond the procedure (like fixed dogs being more likely to be companion animals, where unfixed also capture working animals).
>>
Had several dogs for some 9 years, not one got to mate. I won't fuck my pet's endocrine system just to decrease likelihood of that by 0.1% and the likelihood of offspring by 0.005% or w/e.

Vets only wank to the benefits of it to sell it to the statistical retard, who can't control their animal. By contrast sex hormone deficiency gets treated pretty much every time it's detected in humans, because it's associated with multiple health issues, depression etc.
>>
>>2168648
>Vets only wank to the benefits of it to sell it to the statistical retard
It's not a profitable procedure for vets at all. Stop pushing this meme. Lots of clinics outight lose money on spay/neuters.
>>
>>2168652

Nice reading comprehension,
>>
>>2168658
Not an argument.
>>
>>2168581
I didn't neuter until my dog got pyometra at 9 years. Not sure if I would handle it like this again when if i get another bitch. Either way there were no problematic behaviours or medical issues before during her heats, so I didn't see the need to neuter.
>>
Who wouldn't get their pets fixed?

Do you really want to get them pregnant when you fuck them?
>>
Owners who dont neuter/spay their pets are literally the same tier as americans who think vaccination causes autism

Literally harmless and brings only benefits
>>
>>2168690
And only Americans are retarded enough to believe castration is helpful.
>>
>>2168439
You could avoid this if you castrated your male pets, the balls are outside anyway. Then no need to do a very intrusive surgery on a poor female.
>>
>>2168442

If a 7 billion people say you're wrong, you have to at least acknowledge the possibility that you might not be entirely right.

That is the line drawn between ignorance and willful stupidity.
>>
>>2168652
>Lots of clinics outight lose money on spay/neuters.

They price the procedures below cost and get compensated for the difference from the government.

Do you really a think a spay costs $54? You realize that wouldn't even cover half of the anesthesia?
>>
File: 1439950503018.jpg (14KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1439950503018.jpg
14KB, 228x221px
>>2168439

I am not sure whether I am aroused or disturbed by that picture.
>>
>>2168722
This. You're also extremely lucky if they include pain meds or antibiotics.
>>
I've noticed that just about all the pro intact pet owners shouldn't own an intact pet, while the only people I've met that is responsible enough for an intact pet, have always been pro fixing.
>>
>>2168442
You better force your dogs to wear a condom then.
>>
My dog is spayed because she's from the city pound. My next dog will be from a breeder and I'll neuter if necessary and only once he's fully grown.

Some countries don't routinely spay and neuter and don't have a stray problem. You have to keep an eye on your dog at all times, have a secure fence, and not be an idiot.
>>
File: which_dreamed_it_trevor_brown.jpg (100KB, 560x683px) Image search: [Google]
which_dreamed_it_trevor_brown.jpg
100KB, 560x683px
>>2168724
Yeah, that's Trevor Brown for you.
>>
>>2168665

> Neutering and spaying only has to do with population control.

Pyometra proves there's a reason other than population control, and you could have happily avoided your bitch getting pyo. Had you have educated yourself properly on the reasons for spaying then I'd have hoped you would have had it done far sooner.
>>
>get black lab/border collie mix from the SPCA here about 6 years ago, super young puppy from a litter that got turned in
>all dogs and cats there immediately get spayed/neutered
>didn't think anything of it
>cannot hold her bladder for the life of her
>realize about two years ago that she's obviously yard-trained, what the fuck is the problem
>take her to the vet
>vet says the SPCA spayed her when she was way too young
>they ended up damaging her bladder
>have been medicating her for two years now, it barely works
>>
>>2168796
Why would you put your dog under a second surgery if you seem so against the first one?
>>
Hollowing out a female's belly is pretty damn invasive.
Removing the testes seem mild in comparison but still has a sense of wrongness to it.

I won't mutilate my pets.
>>
File: paradise flycatcher.jpg (293KB, 1807x1140px) Image search: [Google]
paradise flycatcher.jpg
293KB, 1807x1140px
>ITT a bunch of selfish people who have never spent any time volunteering at an animal shelter

Spay and neuter people. Every time you're a retarded mook and your dog/cat gets out and spawns a litter, it's 6-8 more critters that get put down. Your taxes pay for it, someone has to do it, it's just wasteful and unnecessary and selfish.
>>
>>2168705
Literally all of the western world spays/neuters their pets you uneducated third world fuck.
>>
>>2168774
If you are American, any real/good breeder will require you to spay or neuter, sorry. Youll need to get a dog from a BYB fuck if they don't have a requirement to fix the dog.
>>
>>2169016
And look at the ignorant American projecting his backwards beliefs on the rest of the world. How cute.
>>
>>2169027
yeah wanting to prevent decimated bird populations, disease, dead pets, nuisance animal populations and mass euthanasia is real backward you shit eating fuckwit

>hurr hurr muh doggy's nuts are sacred

fuck off you pinko commie faggot, fido won't even notice by tomorrow, guaranteed
>>
>>2168439

I wont be neutering my dog. The cons far outweigh the pros with giant breeds.
>>
When they spay a female do they remove the uterus or just the fallopian tubes?
>>
OSS/Vasectomy, the only way
>>
>>2169059
>cons include: not being mounted by your insatiable lupine monster
>>
Don't need to. It's called KEEPING YOUR FUCKING PETS LOCKED UP.
>>
>>2169032
Europeans have never given a shit about animals or the environment. They built their cultures around it.

America has a long standing environmental tradition mainly because of Teddy Roosevelt and the National Park system. Euros chopped down all their original growth a long time ago; the Black Forest is monocultures planted in the 19th century after they logged the original woods.

The European habit of replacing their original deciduous growth with monocultures is also fucking their commitment to reducing carbon dioxide emissions hard.

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/351/6273/597

But Europeans don't care. They like pretending to care because it makes them look trendy and self-conscious. They knew about the monoculture problem from the beginning and didn't give a shit because monocultures give more timber.

We have the backwards views, though. Us and our stupid National Park system, how dare we not log every single square inch of our forests! How dare we put the time and the effort into proper forest management and keep our old growth intact! Us retarded Americans and our savage ways.
>>
>>2169070
Don't forget the oven mitts!
>>
i've always gotten my dogs spayed/neutered.
but i have a 10 month old female pup that has not been fixed yet and i've considered leaving her intact.
i live in an apartment so she's never around random dogs alone, and when she is around dogs she is supervised. should i spay or not?
>>
>>2169249
Why bother? Just roll him on his back and ride him. He won't complain, with that stupid comatose grin on his face.
>>
>>2169068
Having to constantly go into heat without any way to stop it must be fun.
>>
>>2169317
To what purpose? You probably don't have the room to deal with a hormonal dog, and in terms of health benefits, spaying is almost unarguably more healthy than leaving her in tact (as opposed to neutering, which can get a bit fuzzy).

I mean, it is your dog, and if you want the experience of a dog huffed up on hormones, then go for it. It is an experience, and if you'd like it, then do it. But don't come here in a few years and start a thread along the lines of "my unfixed bitch won't eat and her lady part is spewing puss" or "there is this massive bump on my unfixed bitch's teat, it isn't cancer right /an/?". Just be aware of the risks is all.
>>
>>2169379
Maybe he just wants an easy lay once in a while.
>>
Haven't spayed my 6-month old pup. Spaying is definitely not some magic bullet cure-all. Neither is neutering. Both have pros and cons associated with health and behaviour and both need to be studied with more due dilligence.

On a moral level, I'm very pro-spay and neuter. I'm more for it if the dog has had time to fully mature beforehand, but overall I think for the average pet owner the population control aspect is more important because most people can't even tell when their dog is in heat or just don't care about their dogs wandering around and getting pregnant or getting other dogs pregnant. So this whole rampant spay and neuter thing is definitely for the greater good.

I personally won't breed my dog, know about when dogs are most fertile, am respsonsible to always walk my dog on a leash or keep her supervised and have taught her good recall. So, I personally see nothing wrong with keeping her intact until her growth plates close and her ligaments are fully formed.
>>
>>2169067
everything, uterus, tubes
>>
>>2169165
This desu. The royal SPCA rather kill healthy cats than let them live a life indoors with outdoor supervision.
>>
>>2168645
Sure on the Pyometra, and some kinds of cancers in females, but especially in males, I see no point, other than for testicular cancer and a calmer demeanor. In both sexes, I will agree that what is known does seem to lean towards spaying/neutering being overall positive, but for me, I'd rather leave my males untouched. Females, I would tend to go for getting them fixed after the 1 year mark, maybe closer to 2 years once all of their growing is finished.
>>
>>2168957
Good luck adding to the problem
>>
>>2168738
I work at a vet clinic are we are very cheap and always include pain relief and an antibiotic injection. If the patient need any extra pain relief after surgery like methadone or Valium to calm down it's no extra cost.
>>
>>2168796
That's pretty uncommon. I work at a shelter and we Spey/ neuter at very young ages and we've never had a case of that the entire time I've worked here.
>>
>>2168957
6-8 animals that can have 6-8 animals x on and on. I work at a shelter it's so frustrating having people be so ignorant. We wouldn't have to put so many animals to sleep if people would des ex their pets.
>>
>>2169059
Castrating takes a whole 10 minutes. Your dog would be fine. Spend can have risks, but castrates are easy.
>>
>>2169317
Well if you Spey her she won't get ovarian cancer/ pyometria. Probably won't have as many behavioural issues and won't bleed all over your house when she's on heat.
>>
>>2169537
That's understandable assuming you are responsible. As I said, it seems the cat is sort of out of the bag on neutering males, but even articles and papers I have read that shit on neutering males generally have to concede spaying a female is all around better than leaving them intact.

Ultimately if you are responsible and have the energy and to deal with a dog huffed up on hormones, then not fixing is fine. But non hormonal dogs are too much work for many people as it is. Fixing is just the smart choice for almost all of the dog owning population.
>>
>>2168442
>wanting your pet to go out and get sick from fucking strays

kill yourself
>>
>>2168439
Never.
How would you react if the government went out and neutered people?
>>
can i choose to have my male dog have a vasectomy? I'm okay dealing with hormones and I hear having steady hormone release helps with physical and mental growth.
>>
A question for everyone who claims they're too responsible to let their pet reproduce; if the worst happened and your pet got out(or another animal got in) and your pet either ended up pregnant or impregnated another animal, would you pay for an abortion? If not then you're not really responsible and should spay or neuter your pet.
>>
>>2169032
He's right tho, I don't think that I ever meet someone with a spayed dog and my vet said that he does it less than twice a month because no one spays/neuters their dogs here.
>>
>>2172211
Exactly. Castration is exclusively an American thing. Onlyrics American owners are naive and irresponsible enough to sincerely believe Castration is acceptable.

Why is America so backwards?
>>
>people literally conditioned to fear their own pets sex hormones.
If you can't control your pet. Don't fucking own one you piece of shit
>>
>>2169022
I'm planning on working him and doing sports. Breeders typically require pet dogs to be desexed but working dogs are different.
>>
>>2168439
We got our cats neutered because we're British and here basically all cats are outside cats.

To any anti-outdoor cat autists here: deal with it.

We get male dogs neutered because it helps stop aggressive and dominant traits from emerging.

We got our bitches spayed because they'd go into heat every year, bleed everywhere, and not let our male dog get a single moment of rest.
>>
>>2168439
what the fuck is that picture?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.