[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /an/ think of Sea Monkeys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: sea_monkey_pic_0.jpg (71KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
sea_monkey_pic_0.jpg
71KB, 640x430px
What does /an/ think of Sea Monkeys?
>>
>>2164445
My fish really like them.
>>
>>2164445
Still can't understand why the US had apparently no law against lying advertisement back then.
>>
>>2164498
I think it was before the time period when people realized they could sue eachother over trivial things for money.
>>
>>2164500
I don't know Anon, my country's had laws saying you can't lie in your advertising for a while.
>>
>>2164511
What's the lie?
>>
>>2164445
I want to fuck that momma sea monkey
>>
>>2164512
>in ONE SECOND your AMAZING Sea-Monkeys actually COME TO LIFE! Yes, they hatch instantly, right before your eyes
>>
>>2164525
i thought youd name the training or pics but you chose this
>>
File: faq_3.jpg (16KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
faq_3.jpg
16KB, 200x176px
Move over faggots
>>
>>2164445
Opae ula > sea monkeys
>>
>>2164525
Except they do hatch right when you add the eggs if you set up the water correctly. I've had a ton of those things. Sometimes it would take a little more time to hatch if you messed up the instructions or if you didn't clean out the tank beforehand.
>>
>>2164572
yeah sure, the fully developed nauplia are just gonna sit for years in the eggs to instantly jump out as soon as water touches them

retard
>>
>>2164527
Wasn't me. I'd have gone for the "trainable", "pet" and the pics.
Or oh, the submarines they sold for kids.
Reading the old FF comics really show me insane things.
>>
what are some other similar animals like these to keep?
>>
>>2164585
triops and fairy shrimps
>>
>>2164525
they probably meant one imperial second, which is a lot longer than a regular second
>>
File: 1439577734430.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1439577734430.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>2164580
You fucking what?

Brine shrimp eggs (which are what Sea Monkeys are) undergo cryptobiosis when conditions are unfavorable. The eggs are then suspended in animation until they find water that is favorable enough for them to hatch. (This is why they make you wait 24 hours to condition before adding eggs.)

No one said anything about fully developed shrimp coming out of the eggs. I don't see where you got this idea from in the first place.

>>2164525
Your quote:
>in ONE SECOND your AMAZING Sea-Monkeys actually COME TO LIFE! Yes, they hatch instantly, right before your eyes

This doesn't have anything to do with adult eggs of any sort, just eggs.

>>2164511
You, the same anon, noted they are "lying in their advertising" but the company actually followed through on these. (If anything, these were the most truthful claims they've made ever.) You say that it fails to 1) hatches instantly, 2) comes to life, and that fails to do this 3) before one's eyes. Which the Sea Monkey brand actually does ALL of the above successfully if you followed the instructions correctly --like I've been saying this whole time.

Your claim is bullshit.
>>
>>2164445
9/10 fish food.
>>
File: 1392758526038.png (263KB, 1179x897px) Image search: [Google]
1392758526038.png
263KB, 1179x897px
>>2164600
you grabbed one word from wikipedia without knowing what it actually means and now pretend to not be a drooling retard. hilarious
>>
>>2164600
>No one said anything about fully developed shrimp coming out of the eggs
neither did I you retarded mongoloid
>>
File: i lol'd.jpg (49KB, 192x171px) Image search: [Google]
i lol'd.jpg
49KB, 192x171px
>>2164606
Better than an retard with no research skills or valid points, lmao. Have you ever even owned sea monkeys before? It's common knowledge nigga.

>>2164608
Nice samefag.
>>
>>2164610
>fully developed shrimp
>nauplia
come back when you've acquired basic reading comprehension you stupid pile of shit
>>
>>2164611
Articulate yourself so we can have a proper discussion on this korean imageboard.

What do Nauplia have to do with Brine Shrimp when it comes to false advertising?
>>
>>2164613
Since you are too stupid to know shit about brine shrimp despite supposedly having kept them, I'll educate you.

The larvae of brine shrimps are called nauplia. These things (pic related) are what hatches out of the eggs and further develop into the adult shrimps. Now, the advertisemen(and you dumb moron) claims these spring out of the egg the moment you dip them into the water.

Now, with a tiny bit of understanding on how the development of these animals even works, you'd realize that this is complete and utter bullshit. The eggs you get delivered are all undergoing diapause to even survive outside of the water. The embryos in these eggs have not even begun developing, because in their natural habitat they might stay dry for dozens of years.
However, when the eggs enter the water again, the embryos will start their development.

Now, according to you dumbshit, the hatch-ready larvae are just sitting in a potentially dry wasteland, waiting for ages to hatch, with their only source of sustenance being the yolk in the egg. This is exactly how supposed to work?
>>
>>2164618
>you are too stupid to know shit about brine shrimp despite supposedly having kept them, I'll educate you.
>The larvae of brine shrimps are called nauplia

kek
you dipshit, if you're going to "educate" "stupid" people you shouldn't start off with a wrong statement right off the bat.

They're called "nauplii."
we could pretend you just hit the wrong key, but you've said it at least twice now and even found a pic with the wrong spelling too.

didn't read the rest of your post, I assume it's just as full of ass-facts as your first sentence of "education."
>>
File: 1458685185297.jpg (68KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1458685185297.jpg
68KB, 720x529px
>>2164632
>absolutely no arguments for his batshit retarded statements
>searches 30 minutes for a tiny mistake
>"haha, I'll criticize how he used the wrong plural and dismiss all the other facts that prove what a moron I am!"
I'm not a native english speaker and I translated it wrong, but I guess it's better than being a retarded american.
>>
>>2164635
I'm not the anon you were arguing with.

I just read your filename and found it funny.
so I read a bit more and busted out laughing.

>I'm not a native english speaker and I translated it wrong
fair enough.
made me laugh is all.
>>
>>2164618
this anon is 100% right

>>2164610
>>2164632
>>2164600
this stupid retard thinks he is smart, but isn't

I think you mixed things you read.
Eggs DO NOT hatch immediately
BUT if the water quality is right, the Adult females drop live nauplii instead of eggs

please kill yourself, fuckin dipshit

if you don't believe me, learn to read.
I breed these little shits for my fish, So don't tell me I'm fucking wrong.

and now shut your stupid fucking mouth and don't ever try to defend your bullshit again, you absolute prick

someone had to say it
>>
>>2164775
forgot to mention that my heart stopped when I read this

>>2164600
>adult eggs

also I'm not a native english speaker either, but I know what I know and I can read
>>
Red pill time.

>A colony is started by adding the contents of a packet labelled "Water Purifier" to a tank of water. This packet contains salt, water conditioner, and some brine shrimp eggs.[5] After 24 hours, this is augmented with the contents of a packet labelled "Instant Life Eggs", containing more eggs, yeast, borax, soda, salt, some food and sometimes a dye.[5] The Sea-Monkeys that hatched from the original eggs seem to appear instantly.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea-Monkeys
>>
>>2164588

qt babs
>>
File: KYS.png (19KB, 639x344px) Image search: [Google]
KYS.png
19KB, 639x344px
>>2164775
Kill Your Self
>>
>>2164810
well, looks like I should have used the plural form in my post.
seems like there is more than one retard on the loose
>>
>>2164822
You're the only retard here.

My post was laughing at anon for using the wrong word while calling other people stupid.

He claimed it was because he isn't a native English speaker and he translated wrong.

which is even more stupid since the word is latin and is the same in any language.

but retards will be retards.

like you, mistaking me for the other poster even though I didn't take up any of his arguments and said that I'm not him. That's just retarded. Such a stupid mistake. Didn't even read the thing.
>>
I like turtles
>>
>>2164861
>and is the same in any language
in german they are called "nauplien"
>>
>>2164445
Is it possible/realistic for me to grow shrimp/lobsters/crabs at home to later eat?
>>
>>2164952
no
>>
>>2164957
Why?
>>
>>2164965
most marine crustaceans have planctonic larval stages, which makes them pretty hard to breed.

Lobsters need pretty cold water too
>>
>>2164511
>XDDD MY CUNTRY HAS AMAZING LAWS AND URS IS STOOPID

>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.