[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in possession of a couple of piranha jaws. They have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Piranha.jaw.jpg (403KB, 2284x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Piranha.jaw.jpg
403KB, 2284x1476px
I'm in possession of a couple of piranha jaws. They have been cleaned, but not by me (so i don't know how). They still smell though. Any tips on how to get rid of the smell? And also maybe on keeping them from discoloring too much?
>>
>>2159824
>cleaned, but not by me (so i don't know how)
pull the teeth out and super glue them back in place

>rid of the smell?
dry it using an airtight container and desiccant
https://amzn.com/B0029EGUNG
seal it with an aerosol clear coat
https://amzn.com/B0009X8LZ4

>discoloring too much?
keep out of direct sunlight
>>
put em in a glass of chlorine, so they are completely under water.
But don't put in 100% of chlorine, just 60/40 chlorine/water. It should get rid of the smell and make it even cleaner.
>>
>>2159837
bad advice. probably some latchkey kid shitposting while his sitter is on the phone with her boyfriend.
>>
>>2159836
Thanks!
Unfortunately, I don't have the skill to pull out the teeth and put them back in, as they're quite small. I'd probably break the whole jaw.
I see a lot of taxidermists recommending letting jaws soak in 4% hydrogen peroxide for 24 hours, do you think that would work?
>>
NONE OF THESE. Do not coat it. To not bleach it or use HP.
It smells because there is grease. Let it soak for a few days in dawn dish soap. Problem solved.

If you want to whiten them AFTER they are dry, you can dilute some hp in water for a night. Bleach will ruin the entire thing and too much HP/for too long will also ruin it. Both will dry it out, make it brittle and chalky.
>>
File: IMG695.jpg (63KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG695.jpg
63KB, 400x533px
hydrogen peroxide soak in the dark for a couple days. Specifically in a dark room.

If not this then it needs to macreate in a sealed container of dish soap mixed with water for a day or two.
I would macreate before soaking it in peroxide if I were you, just to make sure.

How were the jaws cleaned? I usually just go with a quick and easy burial then wait for the body to decompose. If the jaws were cleaned via nature then sometimes they don't need to be macreated at all, depending on how clean they are.

If you're saying they smell though, a macreation would benefit that.

pic is something I'm working on right now, it's a skunk fetus, gonna use it as a wet specimen
>>
Put it in your mouth and rape your mother
>>
>>2159872
Jesus dude that's creepy.
>>
>>2159864
To elaborate, dawn dish soap will loosen any remaining tissue and draw out grease from the bone. Hp/bleach will not help because there would still be grease inside of it so you need to soak it first. Sealing it also won't work because it will just seep out from under it, making it smell for years to come.

>Source
>I clean bones as part of a living and have to deal with boar and beat skulls which are the greasiest fucking things ever.
>>
Soak in baking soda and vinegar
>>
>>2159876
what? the fetus?
>>
>>2159880
Unfortunately I don't live in the US, so we don't have that particular brand, but I'm currently soaking them in water with dish soap. Upon closer inspection, they're greasy as fuck. Don't know if this will be enough.
>>
From what I've heard you don't want to macerate fish bones because their skeleton is too flimsy. Fish bones are completely different than birds, reptiles, etc.

Also my friend tried macerating a salmon one time and literally the whole thing turned into soup... go about a different way, submersion is probably not the best.
>>
>>2159909
I'm open to suggestions, any other methods I can try?
>>
>>2159909
that's really cool, i had no idea fish did that

maybe just drying it in a bag with salt and borax would work
>>
>>2159900
Dawn is just my preferred brand buy any 'grease removing' dish soap should do.
If its THAT greasy, change out the water when it gets too muky. You will also want to do this outside because it's going to smell if it's that bad.

If you have the money you can buy a tannery degreaser. I have one from McKenzie's and it takes any where from 10 minutes to an hour. Dish soap is just the cheap and easy way to go, only it takes longer.

>>2159909
>>2159914
The jaws will be fine. They are thicker and stronger than your average fish because they have to be. Putting them in water will not harm them in the slightest.

>>2159944
No. Grease will still seep out and smell even more horrible. Don't dry dead things in a sealed bag or container either. I learned that the hard way.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.