[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best collars/harnesses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: a-dog-collar-brown-gold.jpg (59KB, 630x342px) Image search: [Google]
a-dog-collar-brown-gold.jpg
59KB, 630x342px
What does /an/ recommend for dogs that try to escape their collars? I want to make sure my dog won't escape and run into trouble. Harnesses seem like a good option too but I don't know if he'd wiggle out of it.
>>
>>2125644

What kind of dog you have?

www.rogueroyalty.co.au has a nylon superr tuff range that is good if you have pitbulls, mastiffs, huskys or any other really strong dog
>>
Look for a step-in harness. I have no idea how a dog could get out of one of those.

Also, martingale collars were designed for this exact problem.
>>
>>2125685

If the dog has especially high drive a martingale wont help.

Op will need to purchase a solid collar and leash then seek the assistance of a proffesional trainer.
>>
>>2125685
I have a step-in harness and my dog has escaped it twice by wrapping himself around something to use as leverage somehow. The harness is properly tight, he's just a stubborn asshole that will hurt himself if he really wants to run
>>
>>2125682
Husky. He's a tough guy and I'm afraid he'll succeed in breaking out. I have to babysit carefully whenever I think he's trying to pull himself out.

>>2125697
I'm definitely thinking getting some professional help but in the meantime I want to make sure I can safely move him.

>>2125703
That's what I was afraid of when I thought about that scenario. It seems like a nicer option so I don't pull so hard on his neck but it worries me that he might escape a harness like that.
>>
>>2125685
My dog managed, twice, too.
Sometimes she really doesn't want to go some place (usually stairs) and just makes herself as heavy as possible, so I pull on the leash a bit from her front, she won't budge, then she hunches her shoulders together and bows her head, and the lane in her back passes over her head, and she steps out.

Worst is now she *knows* how to escape it so she often tries it on purpose now...
>>
>>2125704
It works perfectly until he is wrapped around something. I would recommend the harness but watch him so he doesn't wrap around a small tree or pole
>>
>>2125704

Look at gear for pitbulls, the collars are usually over wrapped and will not break.

Look at the rogue royalty website, they ship world wide but you can probally find something local.
>>
>>2125708

This is the super tough collar from rogue royalty.
>>
>>2125708

This is the harness, he will not get out of this one. My mate just got one for his malamute.
>>
>>2125711
I really like the looks of this collar, will definitely consider.

>>2125717
I'd love a harness so I don't hurt his neck, that looks great since it's buckles. Maybe I should try both and see.
>>
what do i get for my 8 week corgi
>>
While I'm thinking over what to get for my husky, should I go for the rogue royalty tough leash or do you guys think a regular nylon leash is enough?
>>
>>2125722

I have the tough leash and it is alot more comfterable to hold in the hand, its double stiched webbing so it feels substantial and doesnt dig in to your hands or anything.
>>
>>2125720
You get it back to its mom for more socialization and get a better one from a proper breeder instead of a byb
>>
>>2125743
Hey now maybe he adopted it.
>>
Martingale collar, 100%

But ultimately, nothing will help without training and providing the right level of stimulation
>>
>>2125708
>>2125711

The concept that pit bulls have some super-canine ability that other dogs don't just needs to stop. There are at least 50 other dog breeds that are stronger and better escape artists. That collar is just ridiculous and looks stupid as hell. A double-layer nylon collar from Hamilton will do the exact same job. A dog is simply not going to break it unless the human screwed up and the fit is wrong or the color is already damaged.

My Great Pyrenees would like to have a word with your "super tough" dog about strength and escape techniques.
>>
File: harness1.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
harness1.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>2125644
I bought these harnesses for my dogs and like them a lot. I like that the neckline and waist are both adjustable. Also they have a buckle on each side instead of one, so you don't have to stretch their leg through a hole. They are safety colors and the reflective abilities are pretty legit. The handle on top is nice in case you need to grab your dog real quick. Has an option to clip the leash to either the front/chest or top/back. Not a good option if you want a harness the dog can wear 24/7, as a replacement for a collar. The only harnesses that are okay for that are the thin ones made out of collar material.

You can get these harnesses on amazon. Just look for reflective harnesses.
>>
>>2125764

The safety and comfort of my dog is paramount, that is why I have that collar.

If you pick your collars for your dogs simply based on looks than theyre you seeds to sow and best of luck.
>>
>>2125764
But huskies are escape artists.
>>
What did you end up with OP?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.