[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On 2 seperate occasions my dog has shown aggression to dark skinned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: images (63).jpg (9KB, 440x334px) Image search: [Google]
images (63).jpg
9KB, 440x334px
On 2 seperate occasions my dog has shown aggression to dark skinned people approaching us. Is my dog racist?
>>
>>2122983
No, just smart.
>>
>>2122985

Im not saying its a bad thing, with the statistical demographic of home invaders and burglars in my country it jusy strikes me as strange as we never have contact with people of colour really.
>>
>>2122983
My dog almost bit a water sanitation guy, so sometimes a racist dog can be bad depending on who's the black guy.
>>
You can only be attacked so many times by a type of dog/person before you start avoiding them.

This is the basis for racism. It is not some great evil like people not from the south want you to think. It's simple caution and wariness.

And dogs have the exact same ability to learn that caution on wariness. I'd be more interested to know what happened to that dog that made him cautious about black people. Something had to have happened.
>>
>>2122993

We have had him since 8 weeks old and he came from a black breeder I think. We got him flown down and never met the guy. By all accounts he was a lovely guy talking to other people with these Bandogs he bred and never lifted a finger against them, he used to hound us for pictures all the time of how the pups are going.
>>
Dogs can often times pick up on their owners anxiety, its one of the reasons that guide dogs are so successful. It could be the dog is picking up on your own anxiety towards other people and just responding as such.
>>
>>2122997

Maybe the guy had a relative or such living with him? Some dogs are just weird about their traumas. The tiniest little thing.

For example, I had a dog a while back that vomited on the carpet. If you don't know, it's not uncommon for dogs to be very territorial of their vomit. They treat it like a roast ham. Anyway, I cleaned it up the chunky bits with a blue towel while he was still hovering over it. As I was pulling away the dog growled and stiffened his back. I didn't think anything of it at the time ... so, the epilogue, he showed aggression to dark blue cloth. Dark blue shirts, dark blue jeans, dark blue towels. Had to get rid of a dark blue carpet and a dark blue collar on one of the other dogs. He ate a hole in the wall of my office, that had dark blue paint.

Weirdest fucking thing I've ever seen. And he did that his entire life. I spent 11 years not owning dark blue.
>>
>>2123002

I actually just let my dogs eat their vomit so never encountered that but it is suprising!
>>
My dog prefers non-whites but I'm white. White people are good and all but he LOVES any non-whites, especially blacks which is funny since many of my black friends are scared of him
>>
>>2123002
>>2123007

Wierd, my dog treated womiting with the same "shame" as when he had shit on the floor

Must have picked up on my reaction when I grumbling got to my kness to remove what seemed like gallons of chunky, brown matter
>>
you probably just failed to socialize your dogs to darker skinned individuals, so now when they see people like that it's something new and unfamiliar to them. and with many dogs new/unfamiliar = scary and to act aggressive towards that thing to get it to go away
>>
>>2122983
Yes but not in the way you think, dogs can smell better than humans and to them black people emit a scent that makes them bloodhirsty.
>>
>>2123102
damn it, racists! learn to fucking spell!

you're a walking stereotype.
>>
>>2123106
>he called me the R word again!
>>
>>2122993
This is the only correct answer
>>
Different races look and smell different. They're just unsure of them because they're not used to them.
My cat on the other hand is a real racist.
>>
>>2122993
Most racists have never had anything happen to them. They read shit on the internet, and confirmation bias sets in.

For example, it's pretty hilarious reading Americans commenting about the EU refugee crisis. It's nowhere near as bad as you seem think, even if it is a problem that we fucked up initially.
>>
my dog hates chinese people from china
children of immigrants are fine so i think he hates the accent
>>
>>2123469
kek. Those are the dumb ones. But you spend 8 weeks volunteering at a shelter in downtown LA with a bunch of poor negroes and you'll learn quick
>>
>>2123488
kek. I had a dog that would bark if you used Chinese and English in the same sentences. If you used the languages separately, he'd be fine though
>>
>>2123493
>Those are the dumb ones
>implying there are rasists that aren't dumb
>>
>>2123518
>implying we are all the same
Now who is fucking dumb.
>>
>>2122997
>a black breeder
Kek
>>
File: black white iq.jpg (46KB, 791x520px) Image search: [Google]
black white iq.jpg
46KB, 791x520px
>>2123518
I guess that explains why the "Kill Whitey' mentality is so prevalent among black people.
>>
>>2123002
>I spent 11 years never trying to help my dog get over his fear
>>
>>2122983
How were they approaching you?

Maybe something about their stance, or the way they walked was bugging the dog. Dogs are very good at picking up body language.

If you want to help him get over it, I suggest start taking him out and meeting some people with you slightly in front of the dog and talking friendly with the guy/girl, maybe even hugging.

It's good to do this because then the dog has an opportunity to learn what friendly communication looks like, and he will better be able to judge non friendly/threatening behaviour later. You're basically teaching your dog social skills when you do this.

My dog gets wary when new people come in the house, and I either have to open the door and let them in, or get a hug from the person if they've already come in to show my dog that the person is allowed in the house, otherwise she won't chill out for a good 20 minutes or more.
>>
>>2123544

One instance was crossing the road and came close to my vehicle and the dog gave him the big dont argue.

The second time we were eating breakfast with the dog at my waist on a police leash sitting beside me and a lady just walked past and he got his hackles up and gave a couple of barks.
>>
>>2123591
I can understand the car, as that's kind of a 'get away from our property' thing, but the lady is interesting. Maybe he felt like she was getting too close? Try recreating those things with him again and pay attention to what he does with different people.
>>
>>2123614

Forgot about a 3rd time when was talking to a guy and his dog and his wife (indian) came across the road and he got aggressive as she approached normally like any other person....
>>
>>2122983
maybe your dog doesn't recognize blacks as people?
>>
>>2123532
you'd fail any sociology course
>>
>>2124268
>implying that sociology is anything more than politically-slanted pseudoscience and that sociology courses are not merely a means of spreading leftist propaganda
>>
>>2124341
People are retarded assholes capable of justifying almost anything to themselves, so having a science that tries to sort it out or at least fill out a few tables is better than not having it.
>>
>>2122983
No, your dog is just a race realist.
>>
>>2124343
see:
>>2123532
>>
>>2123469
>For example, it's pretty hilarious reading Americans commenting about the EU refugee crisis. It's nowhere near as bad as you seem think, even if it is a problem that we fucked up initially.

Tell that to your grandkids in 50 years
>>
>>2122998
Probably
>>
>>2124366
Different problem.
>>
>>2122983
Kill your dog
>>
>>2122983
My family is largely gingers. My shitbag mothers dates shitbag dark haired jerkoffs. The dog I rescued from her does not like dark hair jerkoffs. Not racist if it's based on observable historic data
>>
>>2123106
Damn it, SJWS! Learn how to use capitalization! You're a walking idiot.
>>
>>2122989
Could be this. Maybe OP's dog is not used to seeing black people and ends up reacting aggressively to them. My dog hates others dogs because I failed to socialize him with other dogs.
>>
>>2123385
the absolute madman!
>>
>lol

Ouch
>>
>>2122989
Dogs are pretty good at sensing hostile intent, a lot of black people will be scoping you out for crimes when they think you're not looking. Doggo knows better though.
>>
>>2122983
my dog barks at black people too
>>
>>2124268
That guy is a retard but any self respecting person knows that sociology is a meme.
>>
>>2122983
Dog votes for brexit,with intent,large portion yes.
>>
>>2124341
>implying that graph is anything but politically slanted pseudoscience
>>
>Have yellow labrador
>Mellow as fuck and completely chill
>For some reason, he hates black dogs
>Was never attacked or had a bad experience, just hated them
>Would bark like mad whenever he saw one
>If you told him 'where's that black dog?' he'd go ballistic and run round the house barking and snarling
>Did this to scare off salesmen and unwanted callers
>mfw my dog was apparently racist with other dogs
>>
>>2127163
Kek.
>>
>dog hates white men in baseball caps
no fucking idea why

shelter dogs are all a bit funny.
>>
>>2122997
the law of one is a philosophy that states that there is one connective consciousness for all living beings. When one dog found out more impoverished people tend to be more violent and seeing most are black other dogs have a slightly easier time gaining this knowledge
>>
>>2122989
>using the term POC
Fuck off back to tumblr.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.