[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you guys know of any good places to rescue a sphynx or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Canadian-Sphynx-cat-10.jpg (91KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
Canadian-Sphynx-cat-10.jpg
91KB, 960x854px
Would you guys know of any good places to rescue a sphynx or get one on the low? I really want a cat, but I'm allergic and trying to figure out a way around it.
>>
>>2115528
Have you done any research on the breed besides the hypo-allergenic meme? Sphinxs are very high maintenance.
>>
>>2115536
Yeah, I know there's a lot that's involved as far as hygiene. I'm not too worried, I had a very high-maintenance cat for a while. Is there anything better you would recommend in terms of hypoallergenic breeds?
>>
Sphynxs aren't necessarily hypoallergenic FYI. My friend's sphynx triggers my allergies.
>>
>>2115528
It's not their fur that makes the allergy, it's a protein in their saliva. A cat might have no fur, but it still grooms with it's saliva. You don't need a hairless cat, you need a cat that lacks that protein. There's a specific breed that lacks the protein, but I forgot which one it was.
>>
>>2115540
Balinese
>>
there is no breed confirmed for "hypoallergenic". there's actually very little known about the protein in the saliva that triggers that allergies, studies even show kittens from the same litter commonly produce drastically different levels of it. the only way to know for sure is to meet the cat and see if they trigger your allergies. kittens are a no-go since all kittens trigger less of an allergic reaction than they will as adults, you'll have no way of knowing until then

>>2115557
>>2115561
there was one breed who had a study done on this and supposedly concluded that they will on average produce less, but this study was also funded by the breed club, so the possibility of it being very biased is incredibly high. everything else is just anecdotal
>>
>>2115528
Some people take regular allergy meds just to keep their pets, could you do that?
>>
>>2115598
Just like allegra or something along those lines?
>>
>>2115598
As someone who does this it's a bad fucking idea. It will make you feel so fucking shit and it isn't even 100% effective.

In other news adding fish oil to my cats diet and brushing three times a day has really really helped as well as keeping my bedroom cat free.
>>
>>2115611
These are good things to do.
I also recommend a good air purifier as well, my friend hasnt had half the problems with her kitty since she got one.
>>
File: 1280px-Siberian_cat_-_Tofik.jpg (465KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Siberian_cat_-_Tofik.jpg
465KB, 1280x960px
>>2115557
>>2115581

The giant ball of meowfluff known as the Siberian?

Kot blini memes aside, even the Siberian produces enough Fel d1 to trigger allergies.

It's seriously fluffy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.