[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a kitten in the walls at my office, and brought him back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 4L_WMwxo9Iw.jpg (617KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_WMwxo9Iw.jpg
617KB, 3264x2448px
I found a kitten in the walls at my office, and brought him back home. Is there anything I should know to make sure he's okay? I have an adult cat but she's much older and I don't really know how to raise a kitten.
>>
>>2114107
>a kitten in the walls at my office
were there other kittens?? is the mother there??
>>
>>2114144
>other kittens
Not that we found. That said, this isn't the first time we have found a kitten in the walls.
>mother
The ones we found a few months ago looked like this little guy, so there is an unidentified mother out there.
>>
>>2114178
Keep an eye out. Mom cats move their kittens one by one all the time. She probably isn't far with the rest of the kittens. She may have just left this one behind.
>>
>>2114181
Will do. He seems to be about a month old. He's got most of his teeth (except molars) and his eyes open all the way.
>>
Do not let your cat around this new kitten until it's been checked over by a vet. It likely has worms, to say nothing of external parasites, diseases, etc. A quarantine period of at least 7 days is essential.

If you do introduce them eventually, cats respond best to slow, gradual introductions. People fuck this up a LOT and assume they can just throw them together like dogs.

Kittens 6 weeks and under have trouble regulating their own body temperatures, and are used to mom keeping them warm. You can wrap a hot water bottle in a blanket or towel to help with this. Heating pads, heated rice bags, etc. are also okay provided they aren't touching the kitten directly and it has room to get away from it if need be.

Have you tried feeding him yet? Will he eat solid food? At this age you can and should free-feed. Don't worry about him getting fat. Wet is better than dry, but it's often good to feed them both when they're young so they've experienced both types.

Put the kitten in the litterbox after every meal to start litterbox training. Food will generally "jump start" the metabolism and get the urine/feces flowing.
>>
>>2114242
I gave him food. He ate a ton of it. I knew to put him in the litterbox after, but I don't think he went.

My older cat came by to see what the fuss was, hissed and went off in a huff. I hope I didn't fuck that up. I plan on bringing him to the vet tomorrow.
>>
>>2114245
That's just fine, that's how most cats will act when they first see a new one. It's actually a good sign that she left rather than holding her ground to observe or trying to attack. Just make sure to keep them in separate rooms for now, using separate litterboxes, bowls, etc. The box is most important since there's all sorts of bugs old cat could catch from this newbie if he hasn't been dewormed previously (and he likely hasn't).
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.