[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rainbow Land Crabs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

So, i am the anon who was gonna buy some AFT geckos, but i decided against because i think i'm too poorfag to sustain them. No need putting an animal through that, right? So i decided on getting a couple of Rainbow Land Crabs instead, one of them will still be called Gulliver as the anon who got dubs proclaimed, i was just wondering if any anons already had a couple? Do you like them? Can you handle yours? I already have a two foot wide aquarium, i'll buy some sand, a filter, probably an undertank heat mat and i'll make my own decor.
>>
Take a look at Aqualands Pet Plus' website. They have a good amount of information and seem reputable.
>>
Wouldn't crabs be a lot more maintenance and money than geckos?
>>
You can send the crabs into the street to mug people to pay the bills.

Ain't nobody wanna get pinched.
>>
>>2084978
Agreed, they're a really good site for info
>>
>>2084978
Thanks, i'll check them out
>>2084993
You'd think so, I certainly did, but no, apparently not, their diets are much more wide and i already have the enclosure ready, so that's a hundred/a couple hundred pounds saved straight up.
>>
File: IMG_6499.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6499.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Had some a couple years ago. I believe pic related was one of the larger species though. Didn't live for long. I had coconut fiber transitioning to sand and brackish and freshwater sectioned end of the tank. The big one eventually ate the smaller one when that one molted and then wouldn't eat anything I gave him. It sat in the brackish water preferentially.

But I've fucked up on keeping any sort of aquatic animals my entire life, so I hope you'll have better luck. On paper, they seem like very low maintenance saltwater animals.

Handling them was a pain. Don't recommend it. They're clumsy and will fall off when they run, and they run fast.
>>
>>2085319
Oh yeah, just remembered. That one was a Patriot Crab (Cardisoma armatum). Pic related.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.