[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideal Pets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: Red Fox.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Red Fox.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
Okay /an/, if you could have any animal (real animals only, nothing mythical) as a pet, what would you choose, and why?

My choice would be a red fox. They're gorgeous, highly intelligent, playful, soft, and can be trained (not quite as much as dogs, but more than cats).
>>
>>2083033
Red fox here, too. Hopefully more strides are made in domestication
>>
>>2083039

OP here.

There was a series of studies done on silver foxes in Russia a while back, where they bred them for generations, domesticating them. When the money ran out, they had to close the study, and sell the remaining foxes, who were now basically as domesticated as dogs.
>>
>>2083033
not as pets but I'd love to have more corvids around my house
>>
A great white or some big eyed threshers. I love them both albeit big eyes are my favorite.
>>
Foxes would make good pets FOR THE RIGHT OWNERS. They usually need a large enclosure outdoors, and a lot of monitoring as they are very intelligent and inquisitive. They'll get into trouble.

Also they are CRAZY high energy.

They're not really the same as dogs, and won't act the same. But there's been a lot of strides in domesticating some species of Fox.

A word of advice though, don't buy these animals. It's probably illegal in your state, and they won't likely be domesticates in full. You'll be fighting impulse. Also stay away from North American Reds. They have a delicate population balance as it is, and it's very likely that by bringing other foxes in, you could taint that fragile populace

T. Friends with someone who spends a lot of time looking this stuff up
>>
File: 1451656299523.jpg (46KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
1451656299523.jpg
46KB, 500x623px
No maintenance needed except keep him warm and fed. If I could train him to hang around my shoulders that'd be great.

Sloths are the comfiest exotic pet I can think of. Could go to work and not feel bad that nobody was there to look after him
>>
>>2083689
those fuckers are always hanging around my house, I toss bread scraps and stuff like that out in my back yard, it's like some sort of nature show back there sometimes, I even saw a fisher cat recently
>>
>>2083033
A human
>>
>>2083708

OP here.

Of course. The scenario I was putting forth was for ideal situations only, where you would have a perfect place for the pet to live, proper food, exercise area, and enough to keep them entertained, and so on.
>>
>>2083763
do they make a mess? I'm planning on leaving a bowl of mealworms or something outside my house to attract them, only problem is that it might attract woodpeckers and they're only good when they're dead as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>2083925
not really, after all they clean up all the bread I put out, they even get along with my cats :)
>>
>>2083926
Oh, that's lovely

thanks anon
>>
Some species of snakehead probably.
>>
>>2083033

Nothing ridiculous. Just a couple of giant Galapagos turtles. Pretty easy too look after and they can get passed down generations.
>>
File: 9227935721_a645b56cc5_b.jpg (348KB, 1024x450px) Image search: [Google]
9227935721_a645b56cc5_b.jpg
348KB, 1024x450px
>>2084006
They really are gorgeous looking fish.
>>
File: Fennec.jpg (2MB, 2274x1516px) Image search: [Google]
Fennec.jpg
2MB, 2274x1516px
OP here again.

I've also always wanted to have a fennec. They're little bundles of joy, according to a friend of mine who has one, though they can be a handful when they're young, due to their excessive energy. But they can be litter-box trained, and get along with both dogs and cats, which is a huge plus.
>>
a Lynx would be a great pet
>>
>>2084009
This. A big ass tortoise. Put a six-pack on its back and let it wander around. Life of the party.
>>
>>2083033
Red Foxes might turn out hyperactive.
Also you should only get one if you can bare its screaming.
>>2084451
Oh my dear anon, fennecs are the most fucking hyper species of foxes and scream like a feminist in an Irish bar, like you wont believe how loud they can be.
>>2084574
Confirming this, Lynx and bobcats make really playful, cuddly and smart pets and they love to cuddle.
>>
Brown recluse.
>>
File: 9910.jpg (370KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
9910.jpg
370KB, 1000x667px
For years, the number one pet I want has been the same as my very favourite animal which I could fairly easily and legally get but whose acquisition I haven't been able to because justify to myself because circumstances.
>>
>>2085228
is it that hard to get a pigeon?
>>
>>2083710
I feel you, sloths seem so bro tier but they are probably sticky to the touch and pretty stinky
>>
>>2085385
>which I could fairly easily and legally get

Well, NO.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.