[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup guys, fast question. I was thinking about getting a small

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: bird-found-Longueuil-cockat.jpg (36KB, 375x252px) Image search: [Google]
bird-found-Longueuil-cockat.jpg
36KB, 375x252px
Sup guys, fast question. I was thinking about getting a small parrot for a pet, but the problem is, there is nobody at home from 8 am to 2 pm on most days except weekends. Should I get one parrot as my pet, or will it get wild/sick? Should I get a pair then? Thanks!
>>
My suggestion would be to not get a parrot as a pet.

Getting two at the same time can sometimes lead to them being invested in each other, instead of you. People I know with multiple parrots got them at different times and are home most the day, or work somewhere that they can bring the parrot with them.
>>
>>2082758
I was reading something about it, and not being tied to me is the biggest disadvantage for me. But some people say, that those 6 hours a day aren't too much, but I am still not sure. I really love birds, but I don't want it to suffer.
>>
>>2082770
Adopt two older birds, and spend all of your free time with them.
>>
I adopted one cockatiel about three weeks ago and I'm out of the house at least 9 hours a day. However, when I am home we interact until I have to sleep or leave, and he eats food with me and we play little games while I do more work.

I also invested A LOT of time and money into many toys, intractables, and a huge cage (that he only really sleeps in). I change his settings everyday before I leave and hide fresh fruit and vegetables around for him to forage and find.

A bored bird is not a healthy bird, so as long as you keep him entertained while you're gone I wouldn't worry. Most bird toys are cheap/DIY anyways since a lot parrots/parrolets just like to destroy things. I quickly string up some popsicle sticks and wooden beads and he spends at least two hours shredding ever little piece.

Plus I feel like he's really affectionate towards me when I come home because he was alone.
>>
>>2082923

>Plus I feel like he's really affectionate towards me when I come home because he was alone.

>forcing a social animal to be isolated so it will be more affectionate to you.

Oh boy.
>>
>>2082957
Yeah, I didn't want to be the first to respond to that one

but
>Oh boy.
indeed
>>
>>2082923
pls get another tiel.
>>
>>2082753
Only 6 hours? That's not too bad. Get a GCC, one of the best pet birds bar none and easily adaptable to your schedule. Making sure he's got a bunch of toys and/or just letting it sleep til 2 will minimize alone time boredom.
>>
>>2082770
If you want a second but want a better chance of them still being affectionate towards you, don't get opposite sexes. Breeding pairs almost always lose interest in their humans or even become hostile.

>>2082957
>>2082959
You know that's not what anon meant. Stop being asses
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.