[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>find an apartment with a great commute that's close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 1453782646252.jpg (50KB, 408x439px) Image search: [Google]
1453782646252.jpg
50KB, 408x439px
>find an apartment with a great commute that's close to bus routes and grocery stores
>it's got tons of light and good appliances/amenities and is basically perfect
>no dogs under 25 pounds

Are there any small breeds that aren't shit?
>>
That is vague. What do you mean by shit?
>>
>>2080975

Yappy lapdogs.
>>
>>2080977
That has to do more with care, training and socialization than the size of the dog. If you are concerned though, I'd suggest adopting an adult dog that's quieter. Keep in mind to keep up with training, don't let the dog get away with things like growling and barking because it's just a small dog (main reason of yappy dogs) and if possible make sure you keep the dog socialized with strangers and other dogs. Another reason for yappy dogs is lack of stimulus, either mental or physical. Again, when people see toy breeds they literally think they can be treated like toys and the dog goes mad from boredom.

Good luck
>>
Just get a normal dog that's an amputee/emaciated so that it fits under 25 pouns
>>
>>2080969
>>no dogs under 25 pounds
So the apartment requires a minimum size for dogs?
>>
>>2080987

Oops, I meant over.
>>
>>2080989
King Charles Cavalier, beautiful dogs, most loyal and are cuddly when you need.
>>
>>2080969
Honestly I'd get a dog from the shelter that isn't mixed with a meme dog (chihuahua, pug, etc). I have a miniature schnauzer mix that's under 25 pounds and he's great. Good luck anon.
>>
>>2080969
Terrier mix....go adopt one now. NOW!
>>
dogs are all the exact same and if you meet their needs and train them properly it will be a fine pet unless it has some major physical or psychological trauma

basically just figure out what kind of temperment and grooming requirements you're willing to put up with and go from there.. smarter dogs can be more of a handful because they get bored.. hairy dogs are going to need more haircuts, unhealthy puppy mill dogs are going to need a vet on call, etc.
>>
Sheltie? They're basically just mini collies
>>
American eskimo
>>
>>2080969
an Italian greyhound would be a decent dog for you
>>
I suggest going to your local shelter and adopting a small mongrel.
>>
>>2080969
Male shiba inus grow to 25lbs
They're really good dogs if you know what you're doing.
>>
File: 1417250360248.jpg (294KB, 1308x1636px) Image search: [Google]
1417250360248.jpg
294KB, 1308x1636px
>>2080987
kek'd hard
>>
Corgis OP get a corgi and live my dream life. Max weight is 20 lbs. Super friendly medium sized dog with the added bonus of stubby legs
>>
>>2081228
Average corgi weight is ~25 lbs.
>>
>>2080969

King Charles Spaniel. They were bred to literally do nothing except to sit in the lap of royalty. Don't need much exercise, aren't big barkers, and are aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>2080969
>2080989
French bulldog
Pros
>don't bark ever
>good guard dog
>don't mind small enclosure (mine lived with me as a trucker dog)
>digests anythung (but beware of overfeeding it)
>cuddly with kids
>don't bite when playing
>can still bite if needed (utlra strong jaw for a dog this size
>can be easily potty trained
>don't need more than half an hour of jogging if given toys and attention.
Cons
>ugly
>farts a lot
>burps a lot
>drools
>snorts a lot
>heavy breathing
>can be stinky
>always hungry (easy to feed, but easier to OVERfeed
>liver and kidney failure are the n1 reason for them to die around 10, sad but true.

I had mine for ten years as a trucker dog, I drive heavily disabled people for a living. The job is relatively well paid, but can be sad

Raoul was my partner for ten years and gave me
>company when driving those poor souls.
>never biten any retard (even if some of them were "of mice and men"' tier of retards. (grasping)
>cuddled with heavily autistic/trisomic/polydisabled kids (was extremely calm and bro with "veggies" since he was drooling and making the same burp noise as they made)
>made a trisomic laugh for the first time of it's life (mother quote) because he farted
>stopped a least one carjacking, two gypsies trying to steal medical supplies and protected me from a feral dog twice his size
>was found of carrots, burgers, ham reliefs, cheese, and lamb bones.

Rest In Peace Raoul, I miss you.
>>
>>2080984
This. It's all about training. I've always hated small dogs but my boyfriend decided he wanted a chihuahua. I treated him like a dog and not a toy. Hes actually quite well behaved and quiet, and he plays well with my large dog. Unless he tries to take her toys. The only thing is that we didn't socialize him enough and he barks if someone walks up to the fenced in dog area in my complex.
>>
File: 20160313_180202.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160313_180202.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
What kind of dog is this?
>>
File: 20160313_175651.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160313_175651.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>
Get a swedish vallhund. They look like a wolf packed into a corgi.
>>
>>2081009
great puppers, but lots of health problems. Be prepared to get pet insurance or pay through the nose when they get older
>>
>>2081440

French bulldogs are unethical, you should not support breeders who "breed" french bulldogs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Bulldog#Health
>>
>>2081604
they're considerably heavier and larger than corgis. corgis are the master race of dogs anon i don't appreciate you trying to take attention away from the beauty that is corgis.

>>2081370

yeah my bad. still within the acceptable weight range of op. that extra 5 pounds isn't going to affect whether or not its a suitable dog at all op please get a corgi and post pics
>>
>>2080969
>>no dogs under 25 pounds
Haha wut. Never heard of this rule, do they actually weigh the dog the first time you bring it?
>>
>>2082024
If the landlord sees it, if people complain or rat you out (especially if a neighbor or someone gets a dog over the weight limit, gets in trouble and throws you under the bus "well anon has a dog that's over 25lbs and gets away with it!") They are allowed to weigh the dog. And it still counts if the dog Is overweight
>>
File: IMG_8779.jpg (441KB, 1296x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8779.jpg
441KB, 1296x864px
>>2080969
Train your dog and he will treat you well, no matter the breed. If you get one from a rescue organization they'll probably already have info on his behavior so you can know in advance.

Mine is perfectly behaved around people, kids, and dogs aside from barking when someone new (meaning not someone who lives in the apartment) comes in the door, which he only does for a second or two. He was a hoarding case that I adopted last year and rigorously trained for the first few months. He's never bitten anyone, and has only nipped at other dogs once or twice.

P.S. Take them out a lot and socialize the shit out of them, even if they don't seem very happy about it. It will teach them to respect other people and dogs and will prevent them from becoming "king-of-the-castle" types like usually happens with little dogs.

Pic related, he's the little shit in the bottom right.
>>
>mfw not lying to the place saying the pup is an ESA dog.

Easy to get bullshit papers and it nullifies the weight limit.
>>
Long haired Chihuahua.
>>
>>2080969
Jack Russels and Beagles.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.