[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rabbit training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Getting two mini rex rabbits soon. Any good training books out there? Tricks and games n' stuff.
>>
are you serioulsy expecting them to do tricks?
>>
>>2077101
>Tricks and games

I guess you could do the clam shell game where you hide a treat in one of your hands and try to make them guess which ones. other than that, not really no
>>
Domesticated prey animals are not as bright as domesticated predator animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9YWm6T_hc
>>
>>2078528
Aww that'd be so cute.

>>2078549
Another dumb human myth. The most intelligent animals are all over the diet spectrum - Elephants are herbivores, Corvids are omnivores, Wolves are omnivores leaning towards carnivory and Whales are near exclusive carnivores. Even with pets that's not true. Sure, dogs are kind of smart, but cats are dumb as shit and pigs are about as smart as dogs. And few animals can compare to some Parrots in language skill.
>>
>>2078553
Cats are very smart. You're right about everything else.
>>
>>2078558
>Cats are very smart
Not even by reptilian standards.
>>
>>2078553
cats are smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyKxbua9miM
>>
>>2078461
Yeah https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZisQ9Y7oLqs
>>
my rabbit can throw canning rings around

that's about it
>>
Just about any animal can be trained into doing tricks. It's a universal trait to just about all living organisms that they will do behavior that benefits them and avoid behavior that does not.

Basically, you can find out how to train a rabbit by looking up operant conditioning.

Here's a jumping off point:

https://seaworld.org/Animal-Info/Animal-InfoBooks/Animal-Training/Animal-Training-Basics

Also, shaping is important.
>>
>>2077101
To OP, or anyone else interested. Here's a video of 30 tricks in 2 minutes. Looks like they're done with clicker training.
>>
Not OP, but I'd like a pet. Dogs and cats aren't welcome in this complex, most small rodents don't live very long, guinea pigs need to be kept in pairs, birds are noisy and they shit everywhere, and my current pet isn't very exciting on the grounds that it's a rock. Are rabbits hard to keep happy? Can they be potty trained?
>>
>>2080643
I don't think rabbits are hard to take care of. but then I've always had a penchant for rabbits, so I think I'm more tolerant of any downsides.

rabbits can easily be potty trained. they naturally like to relieve themselves in a consistent area. you can find out where they like to go and put a litter box there. they'll figure out very quickly that a litter box is the bathroom spot.

some will recommend getting two rabbits to keep each other company when you're not around. they can be really social.

like with any pet though, the more you interact and play with the rabbit, the more of its personality will develop and show through.

you can check out the Hous Rabbit Society's site. they have tons of information from caring to rabbit behavior to anything else you might be wondering about.
>>
Rabbit doesn't like to be alone most of the time, and they don't really like to be picked up unless u train them.
>>
>>2080643
Rabbits poop every where but its not a big deal because it's hard as a fucking rock and dry.
Rabbits should be able to run around your house. Think about it, they are about the size of a cat. They need to run around, not be stuck in a tiny cage.

A lot of people think you can keep them in a cage because that's how they're raised for meat... But you're keeping it for a pet right, not as meat?
>>
>>2077101
I taught my rabbit to knock over stuff. I'd set up slightly filled water bottles like bowling pins and place treats in between.
He now knocks over every bottle, cup, and can that he is able.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.