[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

T-rex vs Elephant. Who would win in a battle? Takes place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: clash.png (138KB, 799x201px) Image search: [Google]
clash.png
138KB, 799x201px
T-rex vs Elephant. Who would win in a battle? Takes place in an open field.
>>
>>2075980
Hahaha! Why yes, I do agree. Absolutely. Golly
>>
Why the fuck wouldn't the rex win? Tyrannosaurus somehow managed to hunt fucking triceratops, which was way more dangerous and armored than elephants are.
>>
Is the elephant horny?

Serious question - male elephants in heat are fucking juggernauts.
>>
>>2075980
If this is under the assumption that the TRex is a hunter, the TRex. If it's under the assumption the TRex is a scavenger, likely the elephant, but I wouldn't count the TRex out. So in all likelihood I would say the TRex, in reality however, the elephant is still alive so who really won here?
>>
>>2075998
the scavenger thing was debunked before it even started.
I mean it did scavenge, but so does every other large predator.
>>
>>2075980
Large predators are incredibly wary of and skittish around new things in their environment. Their livelihood is completely dependent upon their bodies working at 100% capacity; even a minor injury could spell death for them.
Because of this, they tend to assume that anything they don't recognize is a potential threat, and avoid it.

Large herbivores, on the other hand, only have to stay healthy enough to stand around and collect food, and tend to be much more solid and injury-resistant than a similarly-sized predator.
That's part of the reason why large herbivores are so aggressive.

The scenario would play out like this:

>T. rex and Elephant are ported into an empty field
>Rex immediately panics, completely thrown off by the change in environment
>Elephant finds its bearings and spots a foreign object nearby
>Elephant smells predator, trumpets, and mock-charges
>T. rex sees something huge, strange, loud, and smelly running straight at it
>T. rex panics, turns tail, and fucking books it for the horizon, leaving nothing but a cloud of dust and a streaky trail of guano
>>
File: 1452807140281.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452807140281.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>2076182

that would be the case if the trex was raised in his natural environment. if the trex was used to giant mammals from birth i think there is a chance he could succeed in a fight to the death.

however, adult elephants are very chunky. the male ones are agressive while the females live in groups. Even if the Trex would win i think he has a relatively high chance of getting seriously injured, eventually killing him over time after he killed the elephant.

In some places Lions are known to kill adult elephants in groups at times. That raises the question if the trex hunted in groups or not, potentially raising his winning chances. But as this is a 1 VS 1 i too would put my money on the elephant. Although he might lose his ears or snout.
>>
>>2075980
Rex's bite force would make the fucking Indricotherium scream in agonizing pain.
>>
Younger bulls can easily and do kill rhinos. If a t-rex couldn't immediately knock over the elephant, it'd be gored very fast. Even if they ran head first at each other, the tusks are very dangerous. Elephants not only use their tusks, but they also roll and kneel their weight into their victims.
>>
>>2076182
What the fuck? How biased could you possibly be?
>implying an elephant wouldn't also completely lose it's shit being "teleported into a new environment" and also being face to face with a gigantic carnivore visually larger than itself.

This is a fight thread. Not a "who could possibly intimidate the other" thread.
Domestic cats can sometimes chase off bears and alligators, but that sure as fuck doesn't mean they'd win in a fight.
>>
>>2076742
Why even include the fact that they are portin somewhere just think they have always existed together
>>
>>2076740
>it would be gored very fast

you could say the same about a triceratops. They had horns very similar to elephant tusks.

However, partially healed T-Rex bite marks on Triceratops PROVES that T-Rex actively hunted them.

If T-Rex could take down a Triceratops then it could take down an elephant, which is practically the same thing

It was still be a fuckin epic battle though
>>
>>2076740
>elephants can kill smaller herbivores
>therefore they can kill a giant predator very well adapted to hunting prey that was larger than elephants
>>
>>2076780
I think an elephant would use them differently. Not sure how to describe it exactly but they seem to have more.. Control? Dexterity with their heads maybe? Triceratops would have to be lunging up and forward(if they could jump at all) and probably injured the legs of t-rexes more often than not(Sue is a good example). Elephants are pretty good at rushing things, using an upwards jerk to flip things over which would be devastating to the upper abdomen and neck of a t-rex.

I think it could go either way, honestly. Win some, lose some. Judging by fossils too, t-rex could probably heal from injuries much better too which makes me wonder if dinosaurs had some sort of special immune system or some shit. Yeah animals heal from broken bones and infections all the time but again, looking at Sue - that was a shitton to heal from.

>>2077070
>implying they always went for the biggest, baddass and risky prey
A pride of lions will hunt cape buffalo sometimes, even hippos but just because they can doesn't mean its a good idea. Triceratops also probably killed a bunch of them because going after such prey is risky as fuck. They were probably one of the last options, or did what predators still do to today such as going after younger and sick ones instead of tackling on the big bulls.
>>
>>2075983

Trexs got killed quite often by them, too.

One horn to the guts and its a slow death by sepsis and infection. One broken leg and its bye bye dino.

A charging elephant could absolutely fuck up a Trex, same as an elephant goring with its tusks.

You don't know how strong elephants are, you can go on youtube and watch them fling adult crocodiles out of the water with their trunks.
>>
>>2076780
Elephants and Triceratops look about the same size m8

In fact, Elephants seem to have bigger weapons in their tusks...
>>
>>2077087
A typical nile crocodile would weigh a hell of a lot less than a t-rex though.
>>
Who would win in a fight? a dog with a knife loosely taped to it's head or a trex?
>>
>>2077108
We don't exactly have a lot to go on. This entire thing speculation.
Here's an elephant easily moving a car off the ground though.
https://youtu.be/0Pk3-q-_Bk0?t=1m17s

Most videos showing the strength of elephants is of asian elephants or females. Hard to find things on full adult, bull african elephants.
>>
>>2077112
Dog. The t rex would panic immediately from never seeing a dog, and because tyrannosaurus existed before knives the dog could easily cut its hamstrings leaving the trex to die in a puddle of its own shit and piss.
>>
>>2077090
size does not equal mass
>>
>>2077087
>Trexs got killed quite often by them, too.
Umm except they didn't
Tyrannosaurus fossils have an incredible amount of healed injuries on them. T-rexes would get into fights, get wounds that should have been mortal, and manage to recover.

A Tyrannosaur has enough jaw strength to crush an elephants skull in
>>
A Tyrannosaurus Rex's teeth were fucking huge, like the size of a banana. If something the size of an elephant had to endure a single bite in the ass from multiple banana sized blades (with serrated edges that would fuck up the inside of your flesh as they were pulled out) they probably wouldn't be able to walk away. You also have to keep in mind just how powerful its jaws were, strong enough to crush bones.

The main risk to the T-rex is the elephants tusks, but considering how they managed to avoid getting constantly fucked up by triceratops I think it might be able to avoid harm
>>
>>2076742
Winning a fight implies that both combatants would even fight in the first place.

You can't just ignore the fact that large predators will choose flight over fight if there's even a chance that they'll get injured.
>>
>>2075980
What about 6 million silverback gorillas versus a very hot piece of metal?
>>
>>2076000
could i have a source on this?
Just interested.
>>
>>2078834
how hot are we talking?
>>
>>2075980
a bull african bush elephant with fully formed tusks stands a chance
keyword chance, triceratops were about the same size with similarly sized weaponry, and still got killed by tyrannosaurs. you can bet at least a few dumber trexes got gored, though.
>>
File: tumblr_nmxx5hHi9f1tssrrao1_500.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmxx5hHi9f1tssrrao1_500.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
What about Tyrannosaurus vs Mammoth?
>>
>>2079616
There was never any evidence for it in the first place.
There also is plenty of evidence of it hunting (dinosaur bones with partially/completely healed rex bites) and a million other things.

>>2081402
A mammoth (depending on species) could stand even less chance because of tusk shape. One of the fuckhuge river mammoths could likely win though.
>>
File: butt nub.jpg (121KB, 614x449px) Image search: [Google]
butt nub.jpg
121KB, 614x449px
>>2081402
>>2081408
A steppe mammoth could fuck a t rex sideways
>>
>>2075980
brown recluse
>>
What about Paleoloxodon namadicus?
>>
>>2075980
Rex wins. Period. One bite and it's good bye elephant.
>>
How i think the battle would play out
>200 meter distance between rex and elephant
>rex sees elephant
>food.png
>T-rex runs at Elephant
>Elephant watches weirded out
>Rex is 100m away
>Meteor out of nowhere
>Smashes the prehistoric faggot for the second time running
>Elephant tilts head, farts, then has the alcoholic fruit it has fermented in its trunk as celebration.
>>
>>2082317
How I think you born
>"oh fuck yeah"
>hey don't cum inside thats extra
>"yeah yeah don't worry skank"
>*9 months later
>you
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.