[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who wins between a single wolf and a single dog? The dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: vxDtnaF.jpg (388KB, 2024x1476px) Image search: [Google]
vxDtnaF.jpg
388KB, 2024x1476px
Who wins between a single wolf and a single dog?

The dog can be any dog.
>>
It all depends on the dog. Most dogs will get fuck up by a coyote, but there are bigger breeds that could stand a chance against a wolf
>>
>>2020885
Also consider aggression and the breed. A 200+ Newfoundland dog will not fight the same as a 100+ rottweiler. Nor will a rottweiler have the instinct to fight a wolf as a Irish wolf hound.
>>
Depends on so many factors that it renders your question completely pointless.
>>
>>2020903

I assume he wants us to pick a dog that we think might wins. The question can be restated as: Can any single dog beat an average wolf?

To prove this, all we need to do is prove it once. So pick one dog. Stop comparing dogs with dogs.
>>
Is there any trait in which any breed is superior to a wolf?
>>
>>2020910

Well, a lot of dogs have been specifically bred to recklessly throw themselves into a fight and never give up despite sustaining horrific injuries, while wolves will rarely get into a serious fight if they can avoid it (since one nasty bite can kill a wild animal), so you have that. There are also domesticated dogs that are bigger and heavier than wolves typically get, though a greater mass is only one factor in a fight. Ultimately, you're going to end up with two canines that are not dramatically different in size and fight the same way, there are traits you can point at here and there, but nothing that would conclusively mean the dog/wolf wins.
>>
A properly trained Anatolian Shepherd would have a chance vs. a wolf. They've been known to take on lions.
>>
>>2020903
What? I thought I narrowed it down pretty well. What factors are you talking about?

>>2020925
Take on lions? Really? I've heard of dogs taking on pumas, but lions are twice the size of a puma or bigger.
>>
>>2021000
> I thought I narrowed it down pretty well
retarded trips. checked.
Actually , you didn't narrow your question at all.
>>
>>2021004
Can you help me formulate it then? I don't see what more specifications is needed.
>>
>>2021000
They are not small dogs
>>
>>2021009
google says they weigh 50-70 kg. I guess that is on average bigger than a wolf. Also hear they have the strongest dog bite. Don't know if it is stronger than a wolf's though.
>>
>>2020878

I would put my money on a good hog dog vs a wolf. Guy down the road from me claims his dogo killed a 450lbs boar on its own.

Fuck, most fighting breeds for that mater. Wolves fight occasionally, but we are talking about dogs that have been created by the gods of war to fight until dead for our amusement, the wolf just can't compete.
>>
>>2021242
>Guy down the road from me claims his dogo killed a 450lbs boar on its own.
Absolute bullshit. Hog dogs can be good as fuck at harassing a boar and keeping it occupied, but they're shitty at actually killing them, especially one on one.
>>
>>2020878
Pretty sure any Rottweiler or Pitt Bull breed would win easily. My dad owns a pair of Rottweilers that used to have horrific fights. The only way to stop them was to splash huge buckets of water on both.
>>
>>2020885
When I was a kid, my dog killed 5 coyotes one night. He was a very large German Shepard (about 125lbs) We were being sued over the dog at the time (he pulled a guy off a motorcycle...but we won because a neighbor saw and testified that the motorcycle driver taunted the dog, then kicked the fence in so the dog could get out), so he was at my grandparent's house, and they live in the woods with no fence, so he was on a chain run. Since he couldnt escape, the pack attacked him. He ended up killing 5 while running the rest of the pack off. He had several cuts and bites and needed some stitches, but wasn't badly hurt.
>>
>>2021005
What context is the fight in? If you drop a wolf and a dog next to each other in the woods they'll just walk their seperate ways after a possible sniff or two. How old is the dog? The wolf? Like another anon said, I doubt a wolf would attack a dog unprovoked. Physically, I think a wolf has the capability to take down the majority of dog breeds. With some of the other breeds, if trained to hunt or fight, it might be closer to a 50/50 chance. But this is just what the wolf and dog are capable of doing- it doesn't mean things would play out that way.
>>
>>2021253

I'm just repeating what hes said, but the point still stands, get a good catch dog, or god forbid a genuine fighting dog, and I would bet on the dog every day of the week.
>>
wolves and dogs are almost exactly the same thing.
>>
>>2020910
thousands.
>>
>>2021256
What is it you don't get about any dog? I guess I should have said any wolf as well. YOU get to pick.
>>
Livestock guardian dogs will win 9 times out of ten, it's what they've been bred for and do consistently.

Think Kangal dog, Anatolian Shepherd, Maremma Sheepdog etc
>>
>>2021405
With spiked collars tho
>>
File: image.jpg (247KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247KB, 1200x800px
>>2020878
Elephant seal.
>>
>>2021367

Man, why the fuck is this shit illegal? Answering questions such as these used to be easy.
>>
>>2021587
Often when fighting dogs were pitted against other animals like bears, pumas, wolves, hyenas, lions etc, the other animal is declawed and defanged and sometimes tied up to prevent serious injury to the dog. It's more of bragging rights than anything else. I've never heard of any bets being placed on dog pits with animals other than dogs.

TL;DR - it probably would be very accurate still
>>
>>2021591
*inaccurate

Also if you ever wanted to see something like that, you'll have to ditch youtube for russian and dune coon sites. Even then they are getting deleted here and there
>>
I used to have a pitt and a husky/ lab mix that would hunt coyotes at night. They were outside dogs so you would hear them, howling and fighting. The pitt just died recently.
>>
>>2020878
A tibetan mastiff could easily kill a wolf.
>>
>>2020878
A chihuahua
>>
>>2020878
It can get stocked in it troat and shock to death
>>
Depends on the breed really. Dog as a sub species can be very varied in comparison to others.
A terrier vs a wolf? God no but some breeds like herding breed, fighting breed or hunting breeds could manage it with or without serious injury.

There are plenty of dogs whos sole purpose is to kill or fight wolves. Humans have had a burning hatred for wolves more than any other species and have been fighting fire with fire.
Wolves use to be pretty widespread but are extinct in a lot of countries.

Like here in Ireland for example there no wild wolves because we killed them all and bred a dog for the sake of killing them which is the Irish Wolfhound, a dog the romans imported for the colosseum even though they are considered a docile breed.
>>
File: 51f1tOA2x-L.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51f1tOA2x-L.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>2020878
>The dog can be any dog.
>>
>>2020878
Canis Molosus carried Lions, so they can easily take care of wolves. Too bad that they don't exist anymore..
>>
English mastiff's and irish wolfhounds were born for the sole purpose of fighting wolves, sure they now are gentle giants but if trained correctly for them it would be everyday's business

Also OP you are forgetting that there's a lot of different wolf subspecies (even dingoes and dogs are wolves), so it's hard to tell, an american wolf? a gray wolf? a middle eastern wolf?
>>
I'd say a large German Shepherd and a tibetian mastiff stand a good chance
>>
arctic wolf would slaughter most breeds
>>
>>2023739
Lions got their shit together and ate'm all?
>>
>>2021255
aren't coyotes only like 25-50 pounds? A full grown human should be able to fucking slaughter them with their own bare hands
>>
File: wolf4_1557387c[1].jpg (22KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
wolf4_1557387c[1].jpg
22KB, 460x288px
You forget wolf hunting dogs or wolf fighting sheperds NEVER WORKED ALONE.
2 or 3 of them took down a wolf at least.

If you think any breed is a match of this 1-1 you are deluded.

The strongest wolf enviromental variation will absolutely destroy the strongest breed of dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZuNEWbUbuE
This wolf has to pretend to be a clumsy retard not to absolutely overpower the dobermann and ruin the play.
>>
File: dog.jpg (93KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
93KB, 400x352px
warhound wins
>>
>>2026009
Wolves don't work alone either.
>>
>>2026150
that is beside the point, thread talks 1 on 1
sheperds and hunting dogs were always used in groups because they are incapable of killing a wolf
>>
File: dog.jpg (433KB, 734x883px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
433KB, 734x883px
>>2026149
The hell, you say..
>>
>>2026355
how bout dat caucasian shepherd tho
>>
Wolves almost never fight alone, their strength lies in their ability to cooperate and use their numbers to their advantage. Dogs vary highly between breeds, but even hunting dogs aren't supposed to kill their prey, they usually are supposed to use their nose to help a human find prey, who then kills the animal with a weapon. They almost certainly wouldn't fight to the death, since that's just not something two predators do unless one has a significant advantage. They might not even fight each other and view the other as too risky to actually engage in alone.
>>
>>2021000
Type of dog and type of wolf are the two obvious factors.
>>
>>2020878
This would be your best bet against a small wolf otherwise your fucked
>>
File: caucasion+ovcharka.jpg (63KB, 600x441px) Image search: [Google]
caucasion+ovcharka.jpg
63KB, 600x441px
>>2027043
>>
>>2026009
Dogs and wolves have different types of body language. If you actually look at the body language, the doberman is dominant, which is why the wolf isn't really fighting back.
>>
>>2028719
it's also not a pure wolf. it's a mid content wolfdog. But your point still remains, different body language for sure. Plus the two animals aren't fighting, it's all just play in the vid. If it was an actual fight the wolf would destroy it

>>2027045
this too. Caucasion ovcharkas are one of the few dog breeds that have been known to defend themselves from Wolves in parts of Russia. Any other dog would probably get its ass whooped though. Wolves are the apex canine for sure
>>
>>2021009
>dog
>taking on a lion
dogs don't have razorblades for fingernails. Most of that pitfighting stuff is the dog fighting an animal that has been abused defanged and declawed. Its far from reality.
>>
>>2030569
This. No dogs take on fucking lions. The term "keeping something at bay" comes from lion hunting dogs whose purpose was literally that: keeping it at bay so the hunter could shoot it.
>>
>>2020878
Completely juvenile and pointless question, showing only ignorance.
Some dogs bred for fighting would waste any wild dog or wolf suited to hunting and living in a pack. Dogs bred for fighting have temperaments that let them be more agressive than life in the wild would allow, no vets, stitches or antibiotics in the wild, you dive into fights at every opportunity you're going to have a short nasty career and an agonising end.
When wild animals fight it's 95% stand-off, bluff and stressing the opponent out before any violence goes down, when it does it's because there's no other way to resolve the situation, or there's pressures that force the issue.
"Who would win..." fuck off kid. What are you, seven?
>>
>>2025507
As if size means shit.
When one of these things dives 100% at your throat, face or balls it's coming for your life. Also they don't run solo much.
>>
>>2030592
What's wrong with such questions?
>>
>>2020885
It's not just size, but strength, speed, and intelligence, that plays a role in the battle, especially when the fighters are so similar in proportions.
>>
>>2030592
>"Who would win..." fuck off kid. What are you, seven?
Not OP, but to get a variety of answers, it may be wise to communicate in a way that allows a variety of people to respond.
It seems like someone is a little emotional and impulsive, but it's okay to feel that way, faggot.
>>
>>2030630
he's right.
you're not going to get a variety of answers.
smart people automatically know the question is pointless and unanswerable.

that means all the serious responses you get will be from idiots. There's nothing wrong with dumb people asking each other questions, just don't expect the answers to mean anything.
>>
>>2022222
>>
>>2022086
kek
>>
>>2026962
You're thinking cartoons, although you're right in saying that hunting dogs don't do the killing. Pointers are a specific kind of hunting dog and don't make up the majority. You also have retrievers, flushing dogs, and even little wiener dogs were for going in burrows. Then there's dogs who were bred to run deer (illegal in most places now) and those specialized for tasks such as holding hogs, or ones that simply bark (or bay in hunting terminology) for sustained periods at their target. The more you know...
>>
>>2030601
Nothing. He's being no fun allowed
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.