[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hobo animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (122KB, 639x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122KB, 639x696px
How many hobo/stray animals are you feeding right now?

I'm pretty rural and I have about 5 regulars that show up every day to be fed with my outside barn cats.

Half of the stray ones are basically feral and won't let me get within 3 feet of them. The others probably belonged to someone in the past because they are very tame. I feel bad for them. We go through 25# cat food a week.

People dump and drop off their unwanted animals out here all the time.

Pic related is one that I'm trying to work with at the moment. I call him Spizzy. He lets me get close but he still won't let me pet him.
>>
you shouldn't do that you dumb fuck
>>
>>2019473
I have one dog that showed up here that I'm feeding.
>>
>>2019473
A bunch of feral cats that turn up in my garden quite often. They're pretty harmless really.
>>
degenerate
>>
>>2019501
Op, here. I know I probably shouldn't do it but I do it anyway. The ferals can probably fend for themselves for the most part but it is what it is I guess. I hate seeing starving animals.

I'd like to catch the females eventually and get them fixed. People dump off unwanted animals out here all the time and I just can't stand to see a starving/dumped dog or cat.

Out area is small and the shelter is no kill at the SPCA so they are always full and unable to help. No low cost spay neuter programs, nothing. Abandoned animals, along with them breeding, are a big problem in our area. I'm about 50 miles north of Houston, Tx.

Once I manage to catch/trap them I will take them into Houston or the woodlands and have then vaccinated for rabies, minimum, and fixed when possible.
>>
All of my family's cats started as feral kittens. We took them in, snipped them up, and now they're our house cats.
>>
>>2019626
Lol. I had a baby coon once but it went nuts with the call of the wild after he hit 2 years old. He hangs out around the property and we still leave food out for him. He will let you pet him if he's in a good mood.

>>2019631
Awesome.

The dumped ones usually make the best pets, at least in our case. All of our barn cats are fixed but they will kill snakes, rats, occasional squirrel, etc. I have 2 former strays that are inside cats. They had been declawed sometime in the past, however no chip, collar, tags...nothing . Mine now, and I love em to bits.
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 640x640px
this chipmunk in my garden... eats leftover bird food at the end of every night, and in the summer he would chill under their cage while they were outside and eat what they'd throw him...
>>
>>2019473
There was a huge Python loose out here in our area for a while. I guess the owner got tired of taking care of it and set it free. Someone found it and killed it, made the news though. My neighbor says there is a monkey out in the woods somewhere, same situation of an owner turning it loose.

I don't know what I would do if I came up on a monkey in the woods. Also in Texas.
>>
>>2019631

One of my outside cats was a feral kitten I found abandoned in the mud.

Poor guy was so caked in the shit that it had crusted over his eyes and he couldn't see.

He's a fucking awesome cat now. Really chill guy, but also basically owns the neighborhood, all the other cats fear him despite the fact that he's kind of a manlet.
>>
>>2019666

Two of mine still enjoy but the third one won't have it. He was part of a litter that lived near a nearby church, but the mother was hit by a car before they were weaned. He was the only one they could find, and he was all plugged up from insects he was too young to have been eating.

So the vet tells us to rub some vaseline in his mouth. Needless to say, it all came out pretty soon after that.

Now he's our fat, mean retard-baby.
>>
>>2019669

*still enjoy going outside, I mean.
>>
>>2019630
>I know I probably shouldn't do it but I do it anyway.

So you're willfully destructive then?

Low iq motherfucker.
>>
>>2019672
What's willfully destructive about feeding a feral cat so you can attempt to catch or trap it and get it fixed and vaccinated?
>>
>>2019716
Hes being a faggot
>muh wildlife
>muh cats destroying the environment
We just need Bugguy in here with his hate speech. Fixing and feeding some strays is a far better option than having a bunch of half starved cats around inbreeding with each other.

He wants you to leave the cats alone so they will die quicker but spaying/neutering is a always a better option.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.