[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like to hear from people that have a French bulldog.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: french bulldog.jpg (42KB, 551x600px) Image search: [Google]
french bulldog.jpg
42KB, 551x600px
I would like to hear from people that have a French bulldog. My wife bought one and is going to pick it up Saturday.
Its AKC registered.4 months old. She paid $1.600 for it.
Now we have had a English bulldog that died of old age at the beginning of summer. It had skin and hip issues and respiratory problems at the end and cost a shit load at the vets but the money is not the problem it was the struggle keeping him healthy.
Now she assured that her dogs (breeders) have been check for hip displacement and spine compression and not had much if any skin issues or breathing problems.
What I want to know is how are they as far a behavioral problems, intelligents etc.
>picture semi related.
>>
>>2019450
>Now she assured that her dogs (breeders) have been check for hip displacement and spine compression and not had much if any skin issues or breathing problems.

This is all lies and complete horseshit. As a puppy, yes it may have very few issues. But give it time.
>>
>>2019453
The puppy's have not been checked the breeding pair (parents) have.
>>
>What I want to know is how are they as far a behavioral problems, intelligents etc.
those are questions you should have asked the breeder.
>>
Did you ask to see the paperwork from the OFA stating that the parents had the necessary health tests?
>>
>>2019450
French Bulldogs can be fucking hilarous to own. My uncle's (who is primarily taken care of by my grandmother because he lives in Manhattan and she has a yard and such in New Orleans), had some health problems at first but he is over the life expectancy now. His name is wilbur and he is a white frenchie his build is bigger than the tiny pussy French Bulldogs. He does some hilarous shit, if you piss him off he will go piss somewhere in the house. He also will fart if you make him mad. No defecation in the house, and I mean he is 12 (way over French bulldog life expectancy). It's more laughable now when he does stuff like this. For some reason cannot find any photos on my phone, but doctor says he is a good 30lb and not overweight. His build is just a larger wider dog almost closer to the English bulldog for some reason. Came from a good breeder.
>>
>>2019471
I would like option's from other than the breeder.
>>2019474
Not yet those will be seen when we go to get it.
She works for a animal hospital and said that they have had Hip dysplasia and Patellar luxation testing done
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2019480
Actually here is a photo I found of him on my phone in our house. The little weird patch on his tail is from when they took a skin sample and it never grew back. Absolutely no health concern at all. It just looks weird.
>>
>>2019480
From what I was told they get between 16-25 pounds so 30 is just 5 extra pounds
>>
>>2019488

On a dog, that's a lot of bone and muscle.
>>
>>2019488
Yeah he is a male, exercised regularly. I also say 30lb Not as the primary or secondary owner, maybe a tertiary care provider on the off chance 2 family members aren't able to care for him at the time. Great dogs, love to play, they aren't dumb but sometimes their stupidity really entertains themselves. We give my uncle's (grandma's) a soccer ball and he tries till he gets tuckered out to get his mouth around it.

Warning
They do have a strong bite, ours can get really pissed if you start deviling him real bad. My grandma was playing with him and taking the toy and throwing it, it was a freak situation totally unusual but he chomped for the toy but missed and but her wrist and she had to get stitches. Just understand these dogs have some serious bite power, and if they accidentally bite you... You will bleed.

Other than that, love hound. Will miss him dearly if he ever passes.
>>
>>2019492
Good to know that they are playful. I also have a 52lb Staffordshire terrier and he also loves to play and I am hoping that they get along. My staff really misses having another dog to play with.
>>
>>2019495
Of course they will. Our families gets a little territorial about toys and stuff, but if you keep them around eachother enough they should get along.
>>
>>2019450
Get a non-torture bred dog. Don't fund people mutilating dogs for thousands of dollars.
>>
>>2019556
Other than getting a mutt from the pound that is a mixture of mutilated dogs what would you suggest not that it matters because she has been wanting a French bulldog for decades and she is getting it.
The cost doesn't matter we have that covered.
All our dogs/animals get the best care.
>>
>>2019575

Ignore this >>2019556 idiot. As long as you get a pup from a reputable breeder you are doing nothing wron morally.
>>
>>2019450
I can only tell you from my experience with mine but he was very easy to teach. It would only take a week of going over different tricks before he would catch on then he did them all the time without me asking. One of the things I liked about him was he was a babe magnet.
I heard how cute he was all the time which gave me the chance to meet wemon so I took him everywhere I could.
Don't let their size fool you the are very strong dogs with a healthy bite as >>2019492 said.
>>
I've only had experience with 4 different individuals in a boarding situation, but have you ever hung around this breed before?
I say that because their bark is really REALLY annoying. They make weird shrill frog and zebra noises.
>>
>>2019728
No but I have owned a few really annoying parrots like a blue front amazon and African greys that drove me to the point of insanity.
>>
>>2019480
>pissing in the house
>farting
>fat
Wow, hilarious.
>>
File: Buddy.jpg (138KB, 673x528px) Image search: [Google]
Buddy.jpg
138KB, 673x528px
Never had any behavioral problems with mine other than the usual puppy stuff like chewing and potting in the house that he got over with some training.
Other than that he is really no different than most other normal dogs
>>
File: DSCF2598.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2598.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
OP here !
We are back home.
Meet Radar.
He is kennel trained and house broken and loved the car ride. A little scared of my staff but that's to be expected. My staff is dying to play but he is tuckered out and wants to sleep.
>>
File: DSCF2599.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2599.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>2020125
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.