[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devon Rex thread? They're a bit ugly but playful as fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: download.jpg (42KB, 645x380px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
42KB, 645x380px
Devon Rex thread? They're a bit ugly but playful as fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Devon Rex thread?
Yay!
>They're a bit ugly
Boo.
>>
>>2016498
Cute as fuck
Do yours play fetch and demand to cuddle with you when you go to bed?
>>
Are they as hyper and destructive as people say ?
>>
File: image.jpg (640KB, 1693x1739px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
640KB, 1693x1739px
>>2016506
>Do yours play fetch
I have one that will occasionally play fetch with me. Little Dirty will occasionally bring me a toy to throw, but she gets bored of it quickly. She is a bit obsessed with her toys. Dirtys a collector; she will round up all the loose toys and place them in her side of the cat condo. I also find toys in her food bowl.
>and demand to cuddle with you when you go to bed?
Yes. If you are sitting down a cat will magically appear on your lap. Sometimes I look down and I am petting a cat before I even realize it. In my home having a cat in your lap is a perfectly good excuse not to get up.

>>2016508
>Are they as hyper and destructive as people say ?
Hyper- they can be. My boy Marlo will sometimes yell out and suddenly do a flip in the air for no reason. He will also tear though the house, smacking anyone in the face as he races by.
They aren't very destructive though. My little terrier is worse.

Pic is Princess Dirty Kitten (yes really, husband is not allowed to name any more pets)
>>
>>2016509
I heard you have to cat proof your house because they go everywhere . I had a maine coon who loved fucking shit up and i have a ragdoll who is chilled . The rex breeds seem cool tho
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2462x2085px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2462x2085px
>>2016514
They are very curious. Anything novel will be thoroughly inspected (groceries, ups packages, that new fuzzy coat, visiting strangers). But regular exercise and training keeps them in line. Devons want to be involved in everything you are doing (folding laundry, making the bed, tying your shoes), which can be kind of annoying. Sometimes.
>>
>>2016516
So they like being petted?
Also, since I work pretty long hours, can they safely be left alone?
Would they make a good first "real" pet?
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 960x822px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 960x822px
>>2016518
>So they like being petted?
Oh yes. It's their second favorite thing (besides eating)!
>Also, since I work pretty long hours, can they safely be left alone?
>Would they make a good first "real" pet?
Devons do not do well alone, especially all day. They need at least another cat companion. Even then, they will probably DEMAND your attention for a few hours after you get home.
I would not suggest getting a Devon if you are not home most of the day.
>>
>>2016519
What breed would you suggest for someone with my working hours then?
I have no problems spending all my home time with it. Basically, my ideal cat wouldn't shed hair, isn't boring as fuck, likes to cuddle and is well behaved/ won't wreck my shit all day.
Is there a breed for me or should I just stick to hamsters?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2016520
>What breed would you suggest for someone with my working hours then?
I think the age of the cat would be more important desu. A senior cat would probably be a good fit. You could also get a pair of adult cats, they would keep each other company and drain off some energy.
>my ideal cat wouldn't shed hair, isn't boring as fuck, likes to cuddle and is well behaved/ won't wreck my shit all day.
I suggest looking into the following breeds. They all have positives and negatives, the breed you choose will depend on your priorities (example: I HATE cat hair everywhere, but I can tolerate rowdy behavior).

- American Shorthair
- Burmilla
- Abbysinnian
- Scottish Fold/Straight
- Bombay
- Japanese Bobtail
- Ocicat

>Is there a breed for me or should I just stick to hamsters?
I bet there is a breed for you. You just need to do a little research first. I also suggest visiting a cat show in your area.
>>
File: image.jpg (1003KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1003KB, 3264x2448px
>>2016525
Cont...

For info on breeds check out-

CFA.org
TICA.org
FBRL.org (fancy breeders referral list, check out the "retired friends" section for adult/ senior cats for adoption)
>>
>>2016525
>>2016530
I'll look into those, thanks
>>
>>2016531
No problem.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.