[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know a good electronic fence system that would work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Anyone know a good electronic fence system that would work for one lab?
>>
Preferably one where I wouldn't have to lay down wire. It's a christmas gift. Area of effect would have to be... i dunno like 1000 square feet?
>>
well the ones that are invisible with the collar are NOT a good idea because if the dog runs through (in the moment of panic after they're shocked they just might run further) they actually can't get back in without getting shocked again, and it can create collar sensitivity and problematic behavior as a result

as for physical fences, idk. seems like just building a regular wooden one would be more effective
>>
>>2016090
physical fence isn't an option unfortunately
i dunno my friend has two pretty big dogs and it seems to work fine for them. but he paid 2500 for his and had a trainer come out to give two free lessons.
>>
>>2016111

Don't get a dog if you dont even have a fucking fence??
>>
>>2016153
That's really constuctive advice anon thank you
It's for a Christmas gift for my parents since they can't keep up with running the dog properly
>>
>>2016153
Also they live out in the country. And their nearest neihbor is 500 ft away. And fuck you.
>>
>>2016223
Return the dog if they can't tend to it properly.
>>
>>2016053
Labs thinking where can I get a new human
>>
Great board guys. Guess I'll just have to go build them a wooden fence.
>>
>>2016572

/an/ is full of fags. I likely have more experience with animals than 99% of the board, and there still is the god damn retards that set out to correct me.

As far as your electric fence goes, I have a woven wire fence for my sheep and cattle, with three strands of electric on the inside, and it keeps my dog in.

If you don't mind running a fence, woven fence will do what you need it to 9 times out of 10, and if that doesn't work, a fence charger is cheap.
>>
File: amazondog.png (889KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
amazondog.png
889KB, 1366x768px
>>2016053
I'm buying this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZAORTGE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A8NIO7CNJ0IPL
>>
>>2016754
and yea you have to run a wire, buy they have ones that are wireless
>>
>>2016751

I doubt it given the number of guys studying zoology here or that volunteer.

/an/ hates shitty owners.
>>
>>2016572
that's what you should have done in the first place
>>
>>2016760

I've been raising livestock for 20+ years, 30+ if you count my teenage years taking care of dads animals. I am willing to stand by my statement. Knowing the taxonomic names of animals is great, but when it comes to raising them, most of your zoology is worthless.
>>
>>2016797

Clearly you have an expert level of knowledge about farm animals and that's great, but that's a tiny fraction of the threads that ever come up and 0.001% of animals on the planet.

So no. You don't have more experience.
>>
So are electric fences really that harmful to dogs?
>>
>>2016811
They can make dogs aggressive due to fear or make them very territorial. It depends on the dog really, some dogs can be intelligent about it and figure out once the brief shock is over they are free other just don't give a fuck and will run through it anyways.

You're best bet is to train your dog not to leave and have the fence only a precaution which is what my uncle did, he only turns the fence on at night but the dog was trained to know its boundaries and will only cross it on a leash.
>>
>>2016842
>or make them very territorial.
If there's only one dog you have to worry about that?
>>
>>2016868

They'll attack people and other animals in bad cases.
>>
>>2016869
This, I have had a dog that has bitten a few people and killed some other pets. It sucks, if I ever have another dog who was slightly aggressive in any way I would put it to sleep.

The thing is his aggression stemmed from fear, fear of the fence. Confident people could walk past him and he would not pass any remarks but if someone who was nervous or afraid tried to get in he would attack.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.