[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

button quail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_mks4sugHhg1qdiamso1_1280.png (683KB, 634x425px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mks4sugHhg1qdiamso1_1280.png
683KB, 634x425px
Does anyone have experience raising button quail? I have been thinking about buying some eggs online and hatching just a few, but I've never done that before. How hard is it? Are there any recommended websites to buy their eggs?
>>
>>2015895
>buying some eggs online
>and hatching
lol?
>>
>>2015897
It's not that uncommon of a thing. You can buy a lot of pets online, including various eggs.
>>
Not bred them before OP but kinda inherited some a few years back. Be warned; they can be bloody noisy little sods, your neighbours, if any, may be of various opinions :/
>>
>>2015895
Mm fried tiny eggs on tiny toast
>>
>>2015956
I was planning on only keeping a few inside or maybe in the garage with some heating and stuff. I only want a few of them.
>>
>>2015895
i have 13 button quail atm. bought the initial batch off ebay as eggs.
>>
also interested in this but I don't think I'd get enough profit to make it worth buying land to house them (uk)
>>
>>2016536
Quail do not need much land at all. You can raise them in a backyard or garage, depending on the set up and how many you raise.
>>
Only the male quail are noisy. The females just kinda "pur"
>>
>>2015898
I always thought it was limited to amphibians, reptiles, and some bugs.
>>
>>2016893
Nope. Certain types of fish eggs too, mainly killifish eggs. You can buy live bird chicks instead of eggs, but I don't know details on that.

>>2016884
Quails purring sounds like it'd be cute.
>>
>>2015960
I lived in Japan teaching English for a while and they served quail eggs as part of the school lunches all the time. You could buy packs of quail eggs in the grocery store too.
>>
>>2016609
unfortunately no garage and we're not allowed any kind of livestock animal here due to renting
>>
What's the temperate range these things can handle? More specifically, how do you keep them from freezing to death in the winter? Do they need to be kept indoors, a heat lamp, or just a comfy box?
>>
>>2015960
Quail eggs are best pickled imo.
>>
How difficult is it to raise of few chickens?
I've wanted to have my own chickens
Seems nice
>>
>>2016953
Have raised chickens for many years and can confirm. They feed the chicks some kind of weird starter jelly to hold them over, then ship them overnight/2-day. You always have to pick them up at a post office and sign for them.

Haven't ever had problems with the chicks being ill or dying, but you have to have a warm brooder setup with small-sized food and water for the chicks at home, plus dip each chick's beak in the water so they know where the drink is. (They experiment with picking up the food bits on their own)
>>
>>2017589
Where did you order them? Ebay?
>>
Why was my picture of the quail baluts deleted? Does mod hate food? Are we all vegan in /an/?
>>
>>2018259
>>>/ck/
>>
>>2016953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrNvayGRtH0
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.