[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cacti

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: cacti1.jpg (1MB, 3652x3264px) Image search: [Google]
cacti1.jpg
1MB, 3652x3264px
I got my first Cactus half a year ago, and if these plants ain't just the coolest shit around then you don't know whats up. The little guy has absolutely exploded i ngrowth though, at least tripling in size since I bought it, even with low light and only being watered once a month, it just won't stop. It's so fast I can wake up the next day and notice another almost milimeter of growth. I almost think it's too fast though, the skinny part is starting to lean under it's own weight. What the heck did do to get it to grow so explosivley? Pic related is my ghetto lighting setup and the cactus in better lighting. That little mini cactus on the size was maybe the size of a penny if a penny was a sphere when I got it.

If you've got cacti of your own, it would be neat to see them. Flowering cacti are probably my favorite flowering plant out there besides maybe giant zinnias or peonies.
>>
File: tonnura.png (21KB, 186x152px) Image search: [Google]
tonnura.png
21KB, 186x152px
>>2015413
your cactus has awakened. It is Time to Grow.
>>
>>2015430
Maybe it will bite me and I'll become a radioactive cactus, that would be neat
>>
It's alright m8 I live in Arizona and I see a lot of tucked up cacti.I even have a few in my backyarf, unless you have a pussy cactus it could survive with being BOTTOM skinny.
>>
OP the bigger cactus looks just like a dog's penis and knob, and I should know because I have seen a lot of dog cock in my time.
>>
File: C 001.jpg (25KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
C 001.jpg
25KB, 400x388px
I live in the Southwestern United States and from what I have seen cacti live in some of the environmentally poorest regions of the world. As a child I found out that if you pot a cactus and give it even just a little love they go nuts. Container cacti are like the thankful poor while tropical plants are ungrateful little bitches. good job, and good luck with your cactus :)
>>
>>2015754
I love their spines. They look just like zip ties.
>>
Your cacti are becoming elongated due to a lack of light and nutrients. It should have grown as thick as you can see at the base but somehow you thought cacti are good indoor plants. Basically your only option would be to ensure that the smaller offset gets sufficient light so that the integrity of the plants structure isn't ruined. Cacti are desert plants and need full sun to grow properly.
>>
>had a shitty cactus garden going in college
>finished school
>planted them in corner of backyard
>forgot all about them when i traveled for graduation present
>come back to a HUGE succulent spreading itself like a hungry whore in a cheap hotel
i love the little fuckers. I'm moving to an apartment next week and I'm excited to get some plants going. Considering doing those little hanging glass planters with little cacti in them, as my apartment has lots of good natural light and a patio.
>>
>>2016008
This.
Your cactus isn't getting enough light which explains the elongation that you are mistaking for "explosive growth." It is growing so quickly as it is trying to reach for the light. It's going to fall over and rot if it doesn't start getting full sun. Remember to accumulate it to full light gradually! Good luck growing it.
>>
>>2015413
how do you people plant these things without it stabbing your fingers all over the place? These fuckers even poke through gloves
>>
File: IMG_20151213_162447 - Copy.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151213_162447 - Copy.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>not decorating your misshapen cactus for the holidays.

>>2016351
I used my welding gloves, still poked through it when i held it wrong.
>>
>>2016008
>>2016318
I left it on a south windowsill when I could in the summer, but now that it's winter what little sun I do get here isn't nearly enough, so I started using that bright lamp right above it. It's helped a little, and I repotted it in some cactus soil, it's actually gotten straighter and has started turning a darker shade of green. I'm hoping it pulls through, that lamp is literally brighter than the sun outside by window under all these clouds right now. I can probably buy a brighter bulb for it too.
>>
>>2015413
Watering once a month might even be too much
>>
>>2016584
I usually wait until it starts juust barely losing its color, and then I water it again. Is that right? I've heard over watering rots the roots, that's what I'm trying not to do
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.