[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me a pure breed cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: home-cat.jpg (43KB, 512x349px) Image search: [Google]
home-cat.jpg
43KB, 512x349px
My mom wants a pure breed. I have two cats that I saved from the street, but I couldn't bring them with me to my new apartment, so they live with my parents. Still my mom wants another purr breed. So which one should she get if she wants a friendly, clean and loyal cat?
>>
>>2014729
>purr breed
>>
What is your moms lifestyle like?
How many hours a day is she away from the house?
Are there lots of people, pets and children coming in and out of the house?
What level of grooming is your mom willing to invest?
What activity level is she looking for?
Do the two current cats get along well?
What are their activity levels/ age?
Does she take adequate care of the cats she has now?
>>
Get a burmese or a tonkinese. Had both. Both really great animals. They even learn fetch automatically when you throw paper balls and very pretty.
>>
>>2014875
I think is silly to suggest breeds without knowing anything about what ops mom wants in a cat. Tonks are nice; but they are also loud, talkative, high energy, clingy and they shed a lot.
>>
>>2014849
The two other cats get along well for the most part. My mom still works so she isboit of the house for around 8 hours. She said that she wants a fairly low maintenance cat. Most of the week there are only two adults in the house and that's it, but me and my brother visit every weekend, she also has a fairly big yard. And from what I've seen she takes very good care of my cats during the week.
>>
>>2014889
It seems your mom wants a lower energy lap cat. I suggest the following breeds-

American Shorthair
Bombay
British Shorthair
Burmese
Chartreaux
Scottish Fold/ Scottish Straight

If you have any questions regarding these breeds, feel free to ask.
>>
>>2014895
Forgot to add, you can find info on different cat breeds at
CFA.org
TICA .org
>>
>thinking your mom would even know the difference between a purebred and a point kitten from the shelter that you say is a Siamese
>>
Bump for op
>>
File: 20151030_150736.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20151030_150736.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>2014923
This. Unless there's a reason she wants a pure bred other than looks like health, any look-alike cat would do just fine. Get her a 'Siamese' kitten when summer comes along. Pic related; 'flame-point Siamese' with an orange tiger brother and a tortie sister

It's a couple hundred dollars cheaper, and it's a lot easier to find a cat with points than a reputable cat breeder
>>
>>2015216
I think a kitten is a bad idea.
Ops mom wants a low matinence lap cat, not a whirling ball of energy.
>>
File: 20151109_161838.jpg (195KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20151109_161838.jpg
195KB, 640x480px
>>2015219
Fair enough. Adult pointed cats get brought in all the time.

Petfinder is your friend, they list all types of moggies as purebred. Pic related; my mother was about to buy a Bengal cat (very bad idea) and luckily I found this fella at the nick of time. She will never know the difference.
>>
>>2015222
But that is a Bengal.
Did you think you adopted a domestic Shorthair?
>>
>>2014895
Thx for the help, the sites that you gave me help alot
>>
>>2016855
No problem. Feel free to come back with any questions.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.