[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/ My puppy's(8 months now) breeder is going to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1448577944707.jpg (18KB, 480x816px) Image search: [Google]
1448577944707.jpg
18KB, 480x816px
Hey /an/

My puppy's(8 months now) breeder is going to visit us next week. What should i expect? What are they looking for? Can this have any kind of consequence?

I'm afraid that he doesn't support crate training which we did.
>>
As long as you have been doing what you are supposed to do (regular exercise and training, feeding quality food), you should be fine.
>>
>>2009970
Is the breeder by any chance a nigger?
>>
>>2009987
and how can he tell all that from a visit?

>>2009995
no, he is white
>>
>>2010014
If you have dog food in your home and your dog, I think so.
>>
>>2010014
Your dog will be calm and attentive or a hyperactive uncontrollable monster, that's how the breeder will tell. Also, they may ask yo see what you are feeding the dog.
>>
>cropped ears
oh, you're THAT kind of owner
>>
>>2010064
>getting butthurt over cropped ears
Oh so you are that kind of faggot
>>
>>2011508
It's illegal in most places for a reason
>>
File: ear cutters.jpg (72KB, 420x318px) Image search: [Google]
ear cutters.jpg
72KB, 420x318px
>>2011508
I'm afraid most of /an/ is that kind of faggot, faggot. Perhaps you would find more acceptance on another board?
>>
>Can this have any kind of consequence?
did you sign a contract? and have you followed it?
>>
I was with a friend when they had a breeder checkup, and he just let me kinda be there as a testament to the dog's socialization. It was a rottweiler and all he checked really was the dog's temperament, food aggression, and to see he wasn't a chubby fuck. Plus training.
>>
>>2011508
>doing cosmetic surgery to your dog
how the hell can anyone think that's normal. at least it's banned in the UK
>>
>>2011509
yeah, it is illegal because a bunch of retards at the parliment created a law. being illegal has nothing do with it being reasonable or not
>>
>>2011604

Crop your own ears then.

And cut your balls off while you're at it, so you can't breed your stupidity.
>>
Will OP keep us updated on how it went?

>inb4 OP signed a contract to not crop ears
>>
>>2011509
>In America you can crop your dog's ears
>in britbong land you can't
>In America you can own guns
>In britbong land you can't
>In America you can jerk off to Lolis
>In britbong land you can't
L A N D O F T H E F R E E
A
N
D

O
F

T
H
E

F
R
E
E
>>
>>2011526
This kind of people are unlikely to crop their dog's ears.

>>2011604
It's not reasonable. It's bad for the dog.

>>2011633
You are just as likely to be caught and be punished for jerking it to loli in America as in England (for now).
>>
>>2011509
>>2011623
>>2011657

It's banned in some countries because of bleeding heart animal rights "defenders", not because it's a bad habit.
Cropping ears prevent health issues from happening to many dog races (otitis, blood clot formation, deafness due to under-ventilation, ear mold and other kind of infections due to humidity).
>>
>>2011676
What kind of fucked up breed would need their ears cropped to not get sick? That is almost comparable to breeds that can only have babies via c section
>>
>>2011676

It's funny how you never see spaniels or dachshunds with cropped ears because their owner is so noble and selflessly concerned with their dog's health that they don't care if it looks fucking stupid.
>>
>>2011693

They're not fucked up because these problems can be solved with something as simple as cutting the ears the right way. Also, cropping ears being part of the standard of these breeds, these issues didn't really appear until the practice became frowned upon by some people.
Finally, for some breeds, if you don't crop the dog's ears , they'll be cut the hard way by some boars or other wild animals while hunting, and you don't want that to happen.
>>
File: 004_zpsfb2a7721.jpg (117KB, 1024x902px) Image search: [Google]
004_zpsfb2a7721.jpg
117KB, 1024x902px
>>2011570
the contract only said the price, and that i will have to take him to 5 conformation shows, but there is no time limit set for the shows.

>>2011623
i guess you haven't heard about ear body modifications or circumcision for that matter. Not to talk about the fact that the dog itself probably isn't aware of the changes after taking out the stitches

>>2011695
it's funny how different breeds have different pain thresholds. As in one of them acknowledges no pain even when crushing the veins in the ear doing rough play, while the other one does, and actually stops. By the way hunting dogs floppy ears are said to have a function, while in this case, natural ears don't.

Btw pic is not my dog, however it got aural hematoma for both ears which could have been prevented by early age cropping
>>
>>2011628
the breeder said he will come next week, but i will post an update when it happens
>>
File: earcrop.jpg (144KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
earcrop.jpg
144KB, 640x427px
>>2011676
In the breeds where that would actually be a potential issue, it's never done on. See bloodhounds, beagles, spaniels, bassets, etc. If you actually read the standards for most of the dogs where cropping is required, you would notice most of it is done for intimidating reasons on guarding breeds aka aesthetic reasons, not for health. Standards are silly; canary dogs can't have yellow eyes because they are less intimidating. Dobermans can not have an excess of white color because darker is more scary.

>hematoma for both ears
Or it could have been prevented by not neglecting the dog and cleaning it's ears once a year, as hematoma is caused by head shaking and scratching from trying to get at ear infections and mites. Sounds like cropping is an excuse to neglect your dog, so when it does get infections, it won't look like shit from afar.
>>
>>2011741
>If you actually read the standards for most of the dogs where cropping is required, you would notice most of it is done for intimidating reasons on guarding breeds aka aesthetic reasons, not for health.

If you've actually read my post, you would notice that I never said the standards stated that the dog's ears need to be cropped for health reasons, but that when we stopped cropping them, health issues that weren't present before started to appear.
>>
>>2011741
>as hematoma is caused by head shaking and scratching from trying to get at ear infections and mites
yeah right
>>
>>2011676
>Cropping ears prevent health issues from happening to many dog races
Prove it. Posts links to credible sources stating that ear cropping prevents health problems in dogs, or fuck off.
>>
>>2011755
butthurt much

>implying any kind of source will be accepted as "credible" if it doesn't agree with you
>>
>>2011757
I will gladly accept any literature you can produce, provided it's a reputable source. Do you want me to explain what a reputable source is? I suggest trying to find something from a veterinary medical study.
>>
>>2011745
>I never said the standards stated that the dog's ears need to be cropped for health reasons,
>but that when we stopped cropping them, health issues that weren't present before started to appear.
does that second part imply, that there is a link between health issues and not cropping ears?
>>
>>2011745
>when we stopped cropping them, health issues that weren't present before started to appear.

Cropping is illegal in my country, yet Boxers and Dobermans are still pretty popular and not deaf, mouldy and keeling over from blood clots because life with ears is so difficult. Do you breed really shit dogs?
>>
Nociception...
>>
>>2011786
not related to cropping, but i'm seeing fewer and fewer boxers over here
>>
>>2011750
Do you know how hematoma works? Maybe you should look that up.

Blood vessels burst in the ear. How do they burst in the ear? From constant and severe disturbances. Why would a dog constantly be disturbing it's ears? Because ear infections are bothering him. You can read about it yourself if you don't think it's true.
>>
>>2011798
Have you ever seen these dogs play?
>>
>>2009970
You should tell the breeder to fuck off. Unless there was a contract, there is no reason for him to be in contact after the "transaction".
>>
>>2011803
Are you attempting to imply that playing is akin to the constant and vigorous scratching at the ears and ear drum, and continuous head shaking all day and all night?

Keep in mind, hemotoma is not actually a big medical issue at all. It's all cosmetic. You can leave the ears disfigured, with no problematic side effects. It's really more of a symptom of a bigger problem
>>
>people trying this hard to justify dog cosmetic surgery
geez
>>
>>2011896
So, what you are saying is that the reason why less cropped dogs have hematomas is that they get less underlying issues which would cause scratching
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.