[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Deal with Pet Loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

fuck man my cat is gonna die

also feels thread
>>
pic not related/isnt my cat
>>
Can someone post that sad fucking message from a deceased cat or dog to its owner, not understanding the human phases through life but always being there?
>>
>>2009392

I had to put down my cat last year. I got really drunk after getting back from doing the deed. It still hurt, but not as much.
>>
>>2009392

Grieve hard the day of, get as much of it out as you can. It won't take away all the pain but it hurts way less when you're all cried out.

Try to be as good a person going forward as your pet thought you were.

It happens. We get attached to dumb furry little things. You gave an animal a pleasant life and get to enjoy it's company, but the downside is that its lifespan is only a fraction of yours. It's the shitty part of the tradeoff, but still a fair trade.
>>
My mom's kitten died last Friday. He just went limp in my dad's arms. I helped pick him out at the shelter. It hurts, guys.

Pic related, it's him. He was the sweetest little guy.
>>
File: IMG_20151202_150152_837[2].jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151202_150152_837[2].jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I think my cat's getting ready to head off. It's really sad. We don't know how old he is but we think he's somewhere between 13 and 15.

All he does now is sit and sleep either on our laps or by the food, barely goes out anymore and had a seizure around a month ago.

I don't want him to leave but this will be third cat I've been around to see in our family.
>>
>>2009532
This. Beautifully said.
>>
This can really sooth the pain:

anythingcomic.com/comics/2225211/good-boy/
>>
>>2011625
Fuck you man that made me cry
>>
>>2010032
He's very handsome and I hope he goes peacefully, but I have to say, your table is disgusting.
>>
Losing a pet is awful. It's the price you pay for having such a wonderful, loving companion. It hurts like a bitch, you will cry and you will miss them.

BUT, you must always remember that you gave them the best life you could. You filled it full of love. You fed them, played with them, kept them safe and warm, looked after them when they were sick or scared. You gave them a good life filled with love, and hopefully a peaceful death- which is more than most of us will have.

It's okay to feel sad OP, but your pet was happy when it was with you. Take comfort from that.
>>
I lost my best friend 3 weeks ago , he had tumors in his chest and they wanted to remove one of his legs and cut him open . I got a few days to say goodbye before the morphine ran out. It doesnt get easier making such a choice, i felt like i let my best friend down , i lost my co pilot. He is in a better place now but i still miss him , so does my dog because he doesnt leave my side. Give it time anon, let the happy memories leave a smile even through the tears . Now im about 6ft and 200lbs but i balled my heart out for my lynx pal ( maine coon ) all in all take time to greive but know that it gets easier, memories are the only things that are timeless in our lifetime
>>
I almost hit a cat today on my drive home from work. I slowed in time and he continued across the street, but got clobbered on the opposite side. I felt so bad watching the death twitches I turned around and managed to get him out of the street before the body was destroyed.

There was no collar or anything, so leaving him between the side walk and the road is the best I could have done.

I feel pretty bad about seeing it happen and I wish I could contact the owners.
>>
>>2012858
I know, I just took it really improvised and didn't want to move him.

We cleaned it up since then.
>>
>>2010032
had a cat that looked very similar to yours named Bud. One hell of a cat.
>>
>>2009392
Put it to sleep now, bury it and get another, preferably a kitten. The new cat really does help.
Clean up your house first, it will smell like your old cat.
>>
>>2013288
Then you are forgiven, my child.
>>
>>2009392
Lost our Shi Tzu last week. Cried hard for like an hour and now just get bummed out anytime shit reminds me. Time bro.
>>
>>2013286
You're a good guy, anon.
>>
File: Compassionate Anon.jpg (7KB, 295x171px) Image search: [Google]
Compassionate Anon.jpg
7KB, 295x171px
>>2013868
I second that hats off.
>>
File: scotty1.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
scotty1.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
I don't post here often, and didn't read the rules, so sorry if the photo isn't appropriate here. This is the story of my cat loss.

My cat was 19 years old, and I'd had him since he was three months or something. He was like the perfect cat. He like to find a spot of sun, and just sleep in it.

I was out of the country when this all happened. But I'd call my wife and she said that he is not eating. Then he was stiff. Then he couldn't walk, and wasn't eating. This was over a period of a week, and I wasn't there and it was killing me.

Then I talked to my wife and she said she thought he was dying. We live in the US, but my wife is from a South East Asian country, and is very Buddhist. In the last days of our cats life, she built a shrine, and laid him in front of it. She would sit with him and pray for him. This went on for two days. I did not want our cat to suffer, so I called up a vet and made an appointment, I am still overseas.

The day before the appointment, my wife gets home from work, and goes to the shrine she's built, to spend time with him. She prays for him, and then he takes an audible last breath and dies.

I talk to my wife on the phone, and she tells me the cat has died, and even though I knew it was going to happen I am devastated. Then she tells me that she thinks the reason that she came from her South East Asian country to the United States was because of the cat. Because he was such a nice cat, that after he died he would be reincarnated as a person in his next life. Her role was to pray over his body to insure to insure that this happened. Even though the cat she loved was now dead, she had a very positive attitude about it.
Everyday, I would think of our cat. I never thought about getting another cat, as I loved the first on so much. But one day, a cat showed up at where we were staying, and he became ours. We gave him the same name, and he quickly became part of the family. Its like we are whole again.
>>
>>2013999
I honestly cannot tell if this pic is creepy or beautiful. Nice story, though. This faith on reincarnation is a very comforting one. I hope you can keep living happily with your new cat too.
>>
File: Shoveldog- Good End.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shoveldog- Good End.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>2011625
Not sure when I cried last, but whenever it was the counter just reset. I want to say something like "not cool, man", but who am I kidding. I knew exactly what I was getting into with that title. Posting good webm to balance out feels.
>>
File: 14496383614621682508489.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
14496383614621682508489.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
It's been almost a year for me. I think about him daily, especially when I lift. I can't watch those Budweiser commercials with the dogs without getting teary.
>>
>>2011625
>anythingcomic.com/comics/2225211/good-boy/
I never cry but that got me
>>
>>2014090
oh fuck this is adorable and depressing
>>
Sort of thread relevant:
I rescued a cat off the streets. It had been following me everywhere for two days, acting lost and distressed. I took it in for the night and it was the sweetest cat I've ever met. She just wanted to cuddle in my lap non stop, purring like a miniature tractor. I made her up a makeshift cat bed, went out and bought cat food and litter. I posted on different fb groups and such, saying I'd found her, and also put up some posters. Eventually the owner contacted me and came to pick her up.
>He hadn't vaccinated her
She definitely had some sort of ear infection, was constipated and had an upper respiratory infection
>She wasn't wearing a collar and wasn't tattooed
>"Oh she runs away all the time, but I don't worry, she always finds her way into somebody's home"
This really made me rage too, because
1. she never once acted restless or like she wanted to be let outside, she was perfectly happy as a lap cat
2. it's fucking arrogant to just count on other people to take care of your pet
3. the cat wasn't far at all from where it lived when I found her, but was acting completely lost and then started following a stranger (me), obviously not suited for being an outdoor cat
4. how can you not vaccinate an outdoor cat?
>Didn't even compensate me for the cat food or kitty litter

I really miss that cat.
>>
I take mine to the vet this morning,,hopefully we don't have to make a hard decision,,he's got a bad uti
>>
I might have to put my cat down soon... she's been living in kidney failure for months now (special food/meds to prolong her life) but she just seems to be getting worse. Stopped using her litter box, just recently became unable to keep food down... Will still sit on my lap, but won't leave the kitchen/living room (one large room) when she used to roam the whole house.

Waking up and coming home to vomit, piss, and poo every day these last few days has been a real trial, and I hate myself for wishing she'll go soon if she's going to go. She's 16 and could still live a while longer, but I'm honestly not sure a miserable life extension is worth it.
>>
>>2009996
How'd he die?
>>
File: 20150117_205600.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150117_205600.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
The one on my right is my dad's dog Monty. He turns 14 next year and sadly on his way out. Hes been diagnosed with liver failure and dementia and is currently on medication for both. He also seizes sometimes and is always shaky, he is such a loveable, fun dog and I am really going to be sad when he has to go.
Dad is coping with this by joking that he is going to get a bullet, he did this with his last dog and when he was pit down dad cried for days.

I just hope it doesn't happen before Christmas.
>>
>>2009392

Keep it to yourself and don't be that guy who posts whiny shit on various websites/forums/comments sections.
>>
File: The Rainbow Bridge Poem.jpg (76KB, 584x600px) Image search: [Google]
The Rainbow Bridge Poem.jpg
76KB, 584x600px
>>
>>2014466
Bad news /an/. My dad just called me bawling his eyes out, Monty had to be put down this morning. He completely lost control of his bowels and seizured so he was rushed to the vet where there was nothing they could do.
Goodbye Monty, you were such a lovely dog.
>>
>>2015594
RIP Monty
>>
>>2015793
Thank you anon
>>
File: IMAG0006.jpg (478KB, 1552x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0006.jpg
478KB, 1552x2592px
19 years old and i hope as many more, as she wants there to be.
>>
the moment they actually do slip away is always inconceivably horrible. no point trying to dance around or euphemize it ... its a terrible moment

you replay it in your head imagining better/romantic ways it could/should have happened, but it happened how it happened and you must deal with that

but as others ITT have pointed out ... you gave that cat an unimaginably pampered life, and its not dying in some wretched way most ferals will (infection, cold, predation, feline AIDS ... the list goes on)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.