[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lady's snakes taken away and killed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: 757709_849551-20151125_Snakes_8.jpg (101KB, 789x1000px) Image search: [Google]
757709_849551-20151125_Snakes_8.jpg
101KB, 789x1000px
I personally don't own any snakes but this situation has caught my attention. I didn't see any threads pertaining to this, however, has anyone else heard about this? Apparently, dozens of snake owners are losing the right to own certain species of snakes. I found the article on USARK's Facebook page. Pic related, lady who had her snakes taken away.

http://www.pressherald.com/2015/11/27/proliferation-of-trade-in-exotic-pets-crawling-with-risks-maine-regulators-say/
>>
I can see why if it's like a huge snake you have to feed rabbits in a bathtub or something venomous but that snake isn't really that big. That sucks.
>>
>>2008825
I think what even makes it worse is the fact that the snakes were frozen to death. I would be very disheartened if that happened to my beardies...
>>
Poor woman.
>>
That's retarded. These regulations are passed based on false information and fear mongering. Bravo 'Murica.
>>
>>2008948
>false information and fear mongering
congrats. you've figured out how America works.
>>
>>2008957
I used to think the same way about those legislators, idiots baning big snakes because somebody told them they were scary. Lol 'Murica I thought.

But now, in my country (Spain), they're about to ban ball pythons. BALL PYTHONS.
>>
>"Herring said she explored getting a permit for the forbidden snakes, hoping to bring them to schools for educational programs, but was told she wouldn’t be able to because the species had already been considered and rejected."
>works in York's Wild Kingdom
>“I was crying, swearing at them, calling them every single thing in the book,” she said. She calmed down after they called a police officer to the apartment because she didn’t want to get arrested."

It sucks it gets destroyed but it's her own fault. She knew it was illegal and she's mad she got caught.
>>
Shitty, but she knew the risks of keeping illegal herps. Fish/wildlife authority does enforce those laws. It's not just an honor system kinda situation.

Now whether or not the law makes any sense on this particular issue is a separate issue. I live in Alberta Canada and the list of banned species (without zoo/research permit) here is absurd. They even briefly tried -unsuccessfully- to ban dart frogs earlier this year
>>
>>2008966
I work in Maine most of the year and they're fucking serious about wildlife here up northeast. No surprisingly, since the tourists are completely retarded.
>>
>>2008969
they wouldn't want innocent marijuana farmers getting attacked by snakes now would they
>>
Maine has sucked since all the liberal faggots from outside maine moved in.
>>
the law may be stupid, but it's hard to feel sorry for her when she KNEW they were illegal and this would happen if it was found out

it's like faggots around here that claim to have a wolf hybrid even though they're illegal here, then get all asshurt when they're taken away. don't do it if you aren't prepared for the consequences
>>
they wouldn't have found out that she has snakes if she didn't talk about them.

but seeing she takes pictures of herself with the snakes she's probably one of those snobby cunts that brags about how many rats it kills.
>>
>>2008962
They used to be banned in Portugal. Not really sure what changed to make them legal again, but as far as I know they are now.
>>
>>2008962
What? I was planning to get one next year.
>>
>>2009065
Well, they'll be invasive species soon, with no cientifical reason more than the weather of a remote islands miles aways from mainland.
>>2009085
They'll be illegal next year pretty sure. They'll be cheaper too.
>>
>>2009144
So they have become invasive species in the Canary Islands?
But I live in Mallorca, they'd die out here in winter. I want my fuckin herp.
>>
>>2008822
Jesus, she's not helping snake owners with a face and a attitude like that.
>>
>>2009148
They have become invasive specie BECAUSE of the Canary Islands. It's the only place where they can survive but they'll ban them all over the country. Anyways, if they ban them just in the Canary Islands they'll do it in Mallorca too, like Elaphes are.
>>
the whole illegal snakes thing is getting absurd, I had some friends in Ohio who were raided by the SWAT team and the local Department of Agriculture. They claim that these "experts" misidentified a shed of a carpet python as a cobra shed. I am seeing more reports of this kind of stuff happening all over and I don't like my tax dollars going towards the banning of pets from responsible owners.
>>
>>2009233
Here in Europe I guess that we'll follow your stupid laws with no reason. The point is that will happen what now is currently happening with the venomous market: it will still existing and it will regulate itself much more efficiently.
>>
File: 1387758945591.gif (1019KB, 265x260px) Image search: [Google]
1387758945591.gif
1019KB, 265x260px
>>2009156
>a attitude
back to first grade
>>
File: 1423849876320.jpg (90KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1423849876320.jpg
90KB, 480x720px
>>2009233
even if it was a cobra why would they need a swat team? was he going to lead an army of snakes against them? how did they even find his snakes shed anyway?
>>
>>2009263
The suspect was armed with poisonous snakes. The police aren't equipped to handle pentecostal terrorist groups.
>>
>>2009263
They don't own guns as far as I know, just a former armed service member keeping reptiles to keep the PTSD in check, then one day a squad of armed men show up and flashbang his living room, cuff him and his wife, then mis ID his animals.
>>
>>2008948
https://usark.org/action-alert/usark-legal-action-against-fws-constrictor-rule/
Check out USARK's website and Facebook page. They keep you updated on all the legalization injustices for snakes. Here's what they had to say about the situation from one of USARK's posts on Facebook

>Posing as legitimate animal welfare groups has become an industry. The animal rights movement has discovered just how easy it is to raise funds fraudulently by showing commercials of puppies and kittens. These groups do just enough good work to promote themselves and keep the millions flowing in. They even take credit for the work of others and capitalize on natural disasters when pets need saved by claiming they will help... they don't. Read the post for more information.
>We have a big battle. The same animal rights groups raising hundreds of millions of dollars every year are not only taking away this girl's opportunity to interact with a ball python and possibly take one home as a pet, they are also influencing politicians and public policy so that no American has a pet rabbit, ferret, fish, hamster, bird, hedgehog, dog, sugar glider or cat. They have an additional agenda to end animal agriculture. All responsible pet and agriculture communities should be on the same page. We all have the same groups trying to end what we do and destroy our passions and privileges. Is America about losing all our freedoms and having every decision made for us?

Animal welfare should be the movement leading the way, and it is not. It's the radical animal rights movement, powered by fraudulent fundraising, that is lobbying all pets and animals out of our lives. Animal rights (misunderstood by most people) = NO animals in our lives!
>>
>>2008827
That's the worse part if you ask me, they should have been humanely destroyed.
People would be fired up if they froze even an aggressive dog to death.
>>
>>2009390
Freezing cold blooded animals is relatively humane, it simply slows their metabolism until it stops. As long as it's a slow drop to freezing temperatures the reptiles just go to sleep and don't wake up or struggle throughout the process.
>>
>>2009398
It wasn't a slow drop, though, they literally just chucked them in the freezer.
>>
>>2009399
How long do you think it took the snakes to pass out when they chucked them in there? The people enforcing this law are doing more harm than good.
>>
>>2009411
you have to be conscious before you can pass out.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.