[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, it microchipping pretty routine these days? Getting a cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1345487914517.png (39KB, 400x378px) Image search: [Google]
1345487914517.png
39KB, 400x378px
So, it microchipping pretty routine these days? Getting a cat early next year, not sure if it's worth the additional expense when it's going to be indoors/will have a tag with my contact information if it does get out.
>>
is*
>>
It's pretty cheap for the peace of mind. Just do it. Especially since it is an indoor cat and likely to just freak the fuck out if it escapes and who knows what might happen. And it's kind of safer than wearing the tag because it could get caught up and hang itself in a freak accident. It's like 25 dollars, you'd spend more on a lifetime of potentially dangerous collars.
>>
Additional expense? Aren't they like $25...?
I think it's worth it, in any case. In the event that she does escape, and someone tries to keep her your name will automatically show up when she's taken to the vet. Or if her collar falls off somehow by getting snagged or something
>>
I live in a very rural area and chipping is almost always totally free. There's a van that comes around and does it for you.
>>
>>2008635
I have absolutely no idea what they cost, honestly. They weren't really a thing the last time I had a cat or dog.
>>
>>2008642
Oh, yeah don't worry m8 they're quite cheap. My local shelter always has promotions where it will be free
>>
>>2008624
We do it for all dogs and cats at the shelter I work at. I can't tell you if it will help if your cat gets lost (it's not a GPS), but I can tell you the amount of cats that come in as strays that never go back to their owners because they have no chip. It's honestly very rare to have a cat reunited with it's owner, because so few have chips and many cats look alike, like tabbies and black cats. Checking for chips is routine in animal shelters.

I say why not, for $25
>>
it's like twenty bucks

and yeah, even if it's an indoor cat, get it chipped. and get it fixed. you never know when it's going to try to bolt out the door, and if you didn't have the collar on it that day then count yourself lucky if it comes back uninjured
>>
>>2008713
Yeah, I'm not dealing with a cat in heat. No thank you.
>>
File: IMAG0278.jpg (852KB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0278.jpg
852KB, 1824x3264px
Get it micro chipped, and have it wear a GPS collar. I promise you. I just recently lost my cat on the 25th. Cause he just darted out of the door. It's better to be safe than in my shoes. I would do anything to have my kitten back in my Lap. I miss him so much. Pic related, it's my mugen (yes like samurai champloo)
>>
>>2008944
>GPS collar
thats so stupid the
>samurai champloo
was not a surprise at all
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.