[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you're about to head out into the wasteland to make your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: falloutsmall610.jpg (53KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
falloutsmall610.jpg
53KB, 610x343px
So you're about to head out into the wasteland to make your fortune, and you can take a canine companion with you. Which breed do you choose?
>>
>>2007874
German Shepherd
>>
File: 1392906466104.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1392906466104.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>2007876
>>
>>2007874
Blue Heeler.
>>
>>2007876
Poorly meme'd, my enemy.
>>
>>2007874
Husky
>>
>>2007874
I wouldn't take one. Maybe they toned it down in Fallout 4, but in Fallout 3 Dogmeat got really fucking annoying really fucking fast. He makes too much noise and runs into me all the time and blocks my path. I hate him.
>>
gsd, Belgian malinois, heeler or cattle dog. Ideally a dog of a mix of two of these breeds, for vigor and ruggedness and definitely not a purebred gsd, I'm not trying to be salvaging canine arthritis meds in the wasteland.
>>
>>2007879
>>2007885
Fuck you guys, I've loved german shepherds since I was 6 years old. Of course I'm going to pick that.
>>
File: New+dog_e9eea7_5568502.jpg (58KB, 780x535px) Image search: [Google]
New+dog_e9eea7_5568502.jpg
58KB, 780x535px
>>2007893
Well I daresay that's a good enough reason. My aunt had a German Shepherd when I was a kid and he was a wonderful dog.

Have some cute Shepherdbro.
>>
>>2007906
Fucking grade A adorable.

>Today OP wasn't a faggot
>>
a husky.
>>
File: karjalankarhukoira.jpg (335KB, 601x480px) Image search: [Google]
karjalankarhukoira.jpg
335KB, 601x480px
If it's a cold wasteland, probably Karelian bear dog or Norwegian elkhound.

If it's hot, I might as well take an English bulldog because I'm not surviving there any longer than it will.
>>
>>2007926
Russia? Is that you?
>>
Think a kengal would be good? Assuming I have to consider all elements of climate, though I don't like hot places. Otherwise probably malinois.

Any baying dogs have good recall? A hound or cur seems boss to help hunt but but the ones I know of are supposedly really stubborn.
>>
I know I will probably hear some shit and I know they have a bad rap but I would have to take one of my pitbulls.
I would need a dog that can hold its own and mine.
>>
>>2007933

No.
>>
german shepherd
>>
>>2007887
If you hated Dogmeat in 3, you'll despise Dogmeat in 4. Especially since you can't even kill this one. The AI is awful.

>>2007874
I suppose any hardy, protecting breed would be good. Anything else would die pretty quickly.
>>
>>2007963
All the companion AI is terrible.

>have Dogmeat, Bobbi, that guy, and that guy's robot Sonya in the small tunnels you're blasting through under Goodneighbor
Absolutely infuriating.
>>
File: boy_and_his_dog2.jpg (43KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
boy_and_his_dog2.jpg
43KB, 700x525px
Whatever breed blood was.
>>
Jack russell terrier. Everyone will stay away from me because my dog's a hyperactive asshole.
>>
>>2008003
Old English sheepdog? Lurcher with that in the mix at least.
>>
Australian Cattle Dog

He can keep up with 8+ hours of walking every day.
>>
>>2007874
Malinois or Presa Canario. Probably have a whole team of dogs from the people that got wasted along the way, it would be maxing to have ten fifteen different working breeds all doing their jobs.
>is Malinois meme dog?
>>
File: QVilXf5.png (143KB, 434x210px) Image search: [Google]
QVilXf5.png
143KB, 434x210px
>>2007874
How about a breed that doesn't jump right in the path of my bullets?
Or one that knows how to stay the fuck behind me when I'm trying to be stealthy?

Fuck you Dogmeat, you goddamned retard.
>>
>>2008107
>is Malinois meme dog?
I don't think so. Most people think they're just some short haired GSD or other police dog.
>>
>>2007874
Any hunting or shepherd breed, I guess a redtick coonhound. I've never kept one, but they seem like a great hunting companion.
>>
>>2007963

I think the ai in 4 is alright for dogmeat, at least compared to 3. Except he runs into every can trap over and over again bringing every feral ghoul for miles.

The human ai is beyond garbage though worse than 3.
>>
>>2008291
That's what I can't stand about Bethesda games anymore. They do an absolute shit job on their game because they know modders will just fix and make their game better for free.
>>
>>2008291
>not a melee build that breaks the game

I'm level 30 on very hard and shits a breeze. Got enough cores to always wear a power suit and I slap shit silly with my swattah and named weapons. Legendary deathclaws get stun locked to death while I pound their face. Raiders of all sorts go down in one to two hits. With enough drugs and the right clothes I've never failed a charisma check even though it's my lowest stat next to agility. Melee is broken and amazing.

Anyway, I'd go blue heeler. Best dog. I already have the perfect acd for the task. Rediculously smart and very aware of his surroundings. Could probably teach him to fire a shotgun *wonk*.
>>
>>2007874
I have a legit crush on MacCready, so I told Dogmeat to fuck off to Santuary.
>>
A Caucasian ovcharka one of those guys could fight a Yao guai
>>
>>2007874
australian cattle dog. smart as fuck and only "pure breed" dog i can see surviving 200 years of nuclear onslaught due to simply having preferable genes in such a rough situation. i love german shepherds and own one but i kinda wish the ACD was the breed in fallout.
>>
>>2008371
My Dogmeat went mysteriously missing? I wandered around without a companion for about five hours, but he never turned back up. So I buddied up with MacCready too because he's very good looking.
>>
>>2007886
Husky would be piss-useless in the wasteland since they can't hunt. GSD would be superior in terms of versatility
>>
>>2007889
I'd cross some hound in their for hunting ability so that its easier to catch food
>>
>>2007926
Top kek
>>
>>2008102
Bearded Collie I'd say mate.
>>
>>2008301
Settle down Mad Max
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.