[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else only kill mosquitos when provoked? They're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: mosquito-illustration_360x286.jpg (68KB, 360x286px) Image search: [Google]
mosquito-illustration_360x286.jpg
68KB, 360x286px
Does anyone else only kill mosquitos when provoked? They're just trying to live life, man. It doesn't feel right to just smash em to smash em. I wait until they land on my arm or something then bite before smashing their bodies onto my skin.
>>
I don't wait until they bite me to smash them.
>>
>>2007496
>>2007499
cu.cks
>>
my plants eat them before they ever reach me.
>>
>>2007506
>most beta statement of the day.
>>
>>2007496
I never kill them at all. If they haven't bit me, I shoo them away, and if they have bit me, it's too late anyway.

I'm ambivalent towards gnats, though, partially because they seem to small for their lives to have importance to me, partially because their bites hurt like fuk.

I could never kill a horse fly, though. They are far too big and cute for that, plus their bites feel kinda good.

As a rule, I always try not kill any animals.
>>
>>2007534
bugguy's a dick but having a plant that can get rid of them is pretty cool
>>
>>2007575
I swear that bugguy is either the most helpful person on this board or the worst shitposter on this board. It must differ on his mood
>>
>>2007534
Not beta but as a beekeeper i grow lavender around my place and the mozzies hate it so same older post my plants get rid of em
>>
>>2007575
I'd like to see the field of carnivorous plants that would be required to keep away a decent amount of mosquitoes (if you live near a lake or something like that).
Bugguy lives in the city, keeping away those 5 mosquitoes/years must be hard for the plants.
>>
>>2007779
>It must differ on his mood
he probably has schizophrenia in addition to his autism
>>
>>2007506
I've seen your carnivorous plants. I doubt a handful of drosera and some S. Purpurea hybrids eat a significant number of mosquitoes.
>>
>>2008245
Darlingtonia and pinguiculas work pretty well even if there's a lot of flies.

I live in a village, and you're never out of walking distance of water in the Netherlands.
>>
File: tumblr_n6i7zyRI1L1sfkjgyo1_1280.jpg (315KB, 1280x851px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n6i7zyRI1L1sfkjgyo1_1280.jpg
315KB, 1280x851px
>>2008249
you haven't seen most of my plants.

then again, that handful would be enough to get rid of most flies unless you live in a swamp,
>>
>>2008262
submerged droseras are the best at catching mosquitoes
>>
File: drosera intermedia.jpg (556KB, 1208x803px) Image search: [Google]
drosera intermedia.jpg
556KB, 1208x803px
>>2008269
I forgot their larvae fly.
>>
>>2008274
>Drosera traps work under water
absolute autism
>>
>>2008277
he doesn't have to, mosquitoes are mosquitoes regardless of what part of their life they're in.

you might as well pretend babies aren't humans.
>>
>>2008332
>larvae are a smaller version of adults
nice going as always
Did they drop you on your head as a baby or something?
>>
>>2008341
It's probably fetal alcohol syndrome. You can clearly see it on his face >>2008277
>>
>>2008332
>he doesn't have to, mosquitoes are mosquitoes regardless of what part of their life they're in.

Because fuck exact descriptions.
>>
>>2008341
mosquito refers to the entire lifecycle, ausfag.

did they drop you into a pool of canetoads?
>>
>>2007496
I once caught a little bastard stuck to be leg, I managed to smash it and it liberality smeared my blood on my leg. I thought I was safe from the outcome annoying itch, but it would not be so.

Which raises another question: At which point from beginning to end, does the mosquito inject the human tissue with the chemicals which cause the itch? Before drawing blood, after or during?

It's not after, that's for sure.
>>
>>2008347
>mosquito refers to the entire lifecycle
>mosquito is now a life cycle, not a species

>ausfag
>I'm not from Australia
>I'm not a pillow biter like you.
>>
>>2008353
a species is it's entire lifecycle.
>>
File: beech-3.jpg (13KB, 260x174px) Image search: [Google]
beech-3.jpg
13KB, 260x174px
>>2008356
But a larva has a totally different ecology, that's why people also mention the stage. You're not getting the point again.
By your definition a seed equals a tree. Try making furniture out of pic related.
>>
File: Mahogany POd.jpg (58KB, 670x445px) Image search: [Google]
Mahogany POd.jpg
58KB, 670x445px
>>2008360
every cyclus of an organisms life is part of it's ecology.

you could if you tried.
>>
>>2008364
Part of the ecology as a species. Mosquito larvae still live differently than adults do.

Hey, you're the NEET here. Give it a try.
>>
>>2008367
you know why they're called mosquito larvae?
because they're mosquitoes, the species.

you post here a whole lot more than I do, atleast try making a compelling case ausfag.
>>
>>2008370
>you know why they're called mosquito larvae? because they're mosquitoes, the species.
You know why they're called mosquito larvae? Because they're larvae, otherwise there would be no need for the extra word. Get it?

>you post here a whole lot more than I do, atleast try making a compelling case ausfag.
Still not from Australia, still not a butt pirate like you.
>>
>>2008373
>otherwise there would be no need for the extra word
there isn't, I'd say Culicidae if I wasn't talking to the mentally disabled.

sure thing ausfag.
>>
I just started browsing /an/ a few days ago. It seems like some guy is always picking an argument with bug guy over some pedantic point of semantics. I've seen a lot of imageboard drama in my life but this shit is new to me. It's fucking weird.
>>
>>2008380
There are people who do just that, but you don't understand why. Bugguy can have a very abrasive attitude, and when he is wrong he refuses to admit it in any way shape or form unless he's corralled into it. People are fed up of him, and really? The trip is entirely unnecessary, because even when he is right or providing helpful information, he carries all the weight of his previous interactions with the trip.
>>
>>2008380
>some guy is always picking an argument with bug guy over some pedantic point of semantics

You're actually wrong. It's bugguy (our local shitposting tripfag) that starts with:
>muh cladistics
>muh nociception
or
>muh semantics
>>
>>2008383
>sow trees instead of seeds
there's no instead, it's two methods of referring to the same thing.

nice proxys.
>>
>>2008385
>science is shitposting.
maybe you should go back to your facebook hugbox.
>>
>>2008380
>It seems like some guy is always picking an argument with bug guy

He picks his fair share of arguments.
>>
>>2008389
>maybe you should go back to your facebook hugbox.

There's a difference between science and autism. Posting on /an is science according to you.
>>
>>2008388
>sow trees instead of seeds
>there's no instead, it's two methods of referring to the same thing.

one would think a gardening NEET would know the difference... well now we know better
>>
>>2008389
You refuse to admit that science is full of people who have differing opinions and that it's not any where near as concrete as saying "muh science". I just read that mock strawberry thread and the way you jumped on them being inedible just because one source claimed them as such.

I wouldn't have a problem with you if you didn't constantly do these kinds of things.
>>
>>2008398
>You refuse to admit that science is full of people who have differing opinions
oh I accept that, only seems like you have trouble accepting mine.

that seems to be your entire problem, you have trouble accepting I'm technically correct.
> just because one source
except I cited the FDA Poisonous Plant Database, which is a whole lot more credible than any of those 'nature diet' websites.
>>
>>2008406
>you have trouble accepting mine.
You present them with shitty arguments (basically using "because I'm always right" as an argument) and with a shitty attitude. Besides, why would we believe somebody who lies on a daily basis about his degree? Come on.

>I'm technically correct.
I bet you put tomatoes in the fruit salad.
>>
>>2008406
I don't. I barely respond to you and guess what, those strawberries have no proof of toxicity.

You just never admit to ever being wrong when it comes to anything. You just ignore it and move on or fight it. That and your attitude screams self importance which is why people might have issues with you. Along with the baggage a trip carries. Just saying man. You've got a very combative way of posting. If you didn't have an ego caught up in a trip this wouldn't really be a problem.
>>
>>2008407
>I-I-I do-don't like your attitude.
great, no one cares.
>I bet you put tomatoes in the fruit salad
cherry tomatoes, yes.
>>
>>2008408
>If you didn't have an ego caught up in a trip this wouldn't really be a problem.

To bad he needs that to get off.
>>
>>2008408
Oh, and this same behavior is what I run into with autistic researchers and professors. It's why I chose to do field work and contracting instead of lab work. I can't stand that attitude. Geologists are much more sociable and fun while being just as good at getting work done without it being about their name/ego.
>>
>>2008410
>great, no one cares.
>ignoring all the pther arguments
>I-I don't know what to say, so I'll quickly post something else

bugguy evading tactics 101 as seen on every second post
>>
>>2008410
>fruit salad
>cherry tomatoes
What the fuck is wrong with you? Everyone knows that fruit salads are desserts, while tomatoes are for nutrition.

Why would one put food food in dessert food?
>>
>>2008413
>Oh, and this same behavior is what I run into with autistic researchers and professors.
>Comparing bugguy to people with actual degrees
please
>>
>>2008416
>Why would one put food food in dessert food?

because: autism
He also needs to see 3 yellow cars every day and wash his bar of soap with apple juice.
>>
>>2008410
You post like this and wonder why you get so much shit.

You've made me want to call you a self important prick. I won't try again with you, I'm just going to filter you out.

It's a shame you're a social autist. Sometimes you post valid information, but your ego is too large to tolerate. Especially for someone who is so average looks wise and intellectually.

I only know what you look like because you posted your own face. You have no one but yourself to blame for people disliking you.
>>
>>2008408
> those strawberries have no proof of toxicity.
I said it before and I'll say it again, there's a big difference between 'non-toxic' and 'edible.'

you might as well eat inkless paper and call it a salad.
>>
>>2008424
>you might as well eat inkless paper and call it a salad.
except paper will get stuck in your digestive tract
very bad comparison, but hey, that's all you can manage
>>
>>2008426
>except paper will get stuck in your digestive tract
I bet you also eat apples whole.
>>
>>2008434
Previous neighour's kid (they're kinda retarded like you) had surgery because he ate paper. But you're probably right. I always forget how people can digest cellulose.
>>
>>2008438
it's ironic coming from you.

probably the same way we digest gum, or metal, or cocaine, etc.
>>
>>2008442
>we digest gum
a piece of gum and a few sheets of A4 paper are not exactly the same size, but you probably don't understand what i'm saying

>or metal
never heard of anybody eating sheet metal

>or cocaine
a soluble powder is really hard to get out of the gut

Are you being retarded on pupose or what's wrong with you?
>>
>>2008444
>and a few sheets of A4
baseless assumption, no one except you mentioned how much paper it would be.
>never heard of anybody eating sheet metal
you've been laying under a rock, there's a guy that ate planes.
>a soluble powder is really hard to get out of the gut
tiny amounts aren't, but you're dead before you can shit it out if a bag starts digesting.
>>
>>2008448
>but you're dead before you can shit it out if a bag starts digesting.
baseless assumption, no one except you mentioned how much cocaine it would be
>>
>>2008451
I only mentioned you'd be dead if it were too much, just like too much paper would be bad.

but too much anything is bad.

doubt a nice soggy paper salad will do harm.
>>
>>2007496
they must be eliminated. they carry all sorts of disease and plague, and they exist solely via taking things from me while giving me nothing in return but itchy welts. fuck em.
>>
>>2008463
>not realising how important they are as food for other animals

get out.
>>
>>2008483
After I flick them onto the ground they are most likely eaten by ants. They aren't wasted.
>>
>>2008508
I was taling about the "eliminating them" part
>>
>>2008510
Ah, I see the misunderstanding. I read eliminating as killing an individual.
>>
>>2008352
Pretty sure it's before, since the chemicals they are injecting are what prevents your blood from clotting so that they can drink it.
(I think)
>>
>>2008352
The itch is from histamines in your body
>>
>>2008807
Esesesesesesesedsess
>>
File: H 001.jpg (14KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
H 001.jpg
14KB, 500x333px
I leave hornet nests around my house undisturbed just so those mosquito bastards get eaten before they get near me...works pretty well
>>
I collect the larvae and feed them to my fish.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.