[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody else noticed how people frequently like to claim

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: domestic_long_hair.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
domestic_long_hair.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Has anybody else noticed how people frequently like to claim that their american long hair is a maine coon?
>>
File: WP_20150701_007i.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150701_007i.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
NFC master race here.
>>
>>2007389
The term is domestic longhair, not American longhair.
>>
>>2007394
Whatever.
>>
because people think they need a special snowflake breed for their pets. it's why people with mutt dogs desperately try to come up with a breed to call them to sound special, or why everyone with a point kitten calls them a Siamese
>>
>>2007389
>American longhair
Has anyone ever noticed that dumbasses come to this board to post irrelevant personal opinions, but never seem to know what they're talking about?
>>
>>2007404
There was no personal opinion stated.

You're going to try to pick on the fact that I said american longhair instead of american shorthair? K. Super neato.

Has anybody noticed the oddly combative autist on this board that need to validate themselves by talking shit on every single post?

>omg you can't care for your new dog 24/7 bring the animal back to the shelter and kill yourself you cruel piece of shit
>>
>>2007409
*domestic longhair not american short hair

Goddammit. Now I have a type for you to autist out on.
>>
>>2007409
>this much anger

are you the guy that defends BYBs?
>>
Doesn't help that shelters call cats whatever breed they resemble most. So most people don't know better.
>>
Has anybody else noticed how people frequently like to claim that their domestic long hair is an american long hair?
>>
>>2007429
This very much, and at my job we are very guilty of exactly this. There could be two tabbies and a pointed kitten in a litter; the pointed one will be called a siamese mix while it's siblings are DSH. Any whitish/cream cat that looks kinda neat is a ragdoll mix. Anything that is large and fluffy is a maine coon, tabby pattern not required.

We do stop at wild/domestic hybrids, though. We aren't allowed to have wild animals, including their mixes. So anything labeled Bengal or Savannah actually goes to a wildlife rehab instead. Weird shit.

But it's just as much as the consumer's fault. You have no idea how much of my life has been wasted because crazy cat people have to tell me that the black cat isn't a DSH but actually a Bombay, or the grey tabby is an Egyptian Mau and they know it is one because they had an Egyptian Mau themselves that they rescued off the street as a kitten and that makes them an expert on the breed.

So we just change it to some breed so I don't waste more of my time hearing about it. Pic related; that pointed cat is labeled siamese while his siblings are DSH
>>
I hate this the most, though
>if a tabby cat has an M on it's head, it is a maine coon/egyptian mau/bengal etc

The M on the heads of tabby cats are extremely common. To the point I would say that not having the M is actually less common. If you don't believe me, look up tabby cat faces; every single one has an M. It isn't a special thing, and if you lose your cat DO NOT use that as a description.
>>
File: cat breed identification.jpg (72KB, 1236x768px) Image search: [Google]
cat breed identification.jpg
72KB, 1236x768px
people seem to not realize how cat breeds work.
>>
>>2007455
>the one time bugguy is right

I am proud to bear witness to this even
>>
>>2007457
I hear that daily.
>>
A lot of people really don't understand that most cats aren't a particular breed. If you see a dog that looks like a yorkie or a GSD or a lab, it probably is in fact a yorkie, a GSD or a lab. So they assume cats work the same way and that pointed cats are Siamese, black cats are Bombays, blue cats are Russian Blues, etc, and honestly don't realise that most cats are just no-breed moggies, even if they have the same coat colour and length as a particular purebred.
>>
>>2007403
>because people think they need a special snowflake breed for their pets
/thread.

People are idiots. They treat their animals like fashion accessories. They want to be able to impress their idiot friends by dropping rare and cool names.
>>
>>2007469
>le mongolian animal abuse apologetic face
>>
>>2007437
>But it's just as much as the consumer's fault.
I consider it the consumer's fault entirely. It's not McD's fault that people want unhealthy shit. It's not your fault that people are more likely to get a cat that you've labelled some random shit.

Maybe only just a little, because I can see why you'd want to have a feeling how the kitten would turn out, but it's primarily the consumer's fault. A cat's a fucking cat. No need to go further, if you're not specifically looking for a special breed, in which case you don't go to a shelter or whatever.
>>
Who cares?

All cats are the same shitty animal inside.
>>
>>2007422
He was right though. This board is full of overly sensitive school girls.
>>
A friend from my work does this all the time. His cat is big and fluffy so he just says it's a maine coone all the time.
Another coworker did the same with her two cats.

I suspect all three are just dlh cats. Since Maine Coons are big af.
>>
>>2007900
if you're going to be an egotistical asshole, you should at least be correct in what you're saying and not be buttblasted when someone corrects you if you're wrong
>>
>>2007455
If this is true, where did the breed start from since it had no papers?

Checkmate breedfags.
>>
>>2008466
please be a troll
>>
>>2008466

before the breed standards were established, the breed itself was not recognized and therefore didn't exist. that is, the breed "started" from the first animal ever classified as that breed.

the bigger issue about that is more about whether an animal can inherently be a "breed" rather than being defined purely by its papers, which probably isn't as cut and dried as bugshitter tries to make it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir9pyIsUf-A
>>
>>2008487
So basically cat breeds came from animal lovers who couldn't hide their powerlevel and tried to bring everyone into their sick world? i.e. the first pokemon?
>>
>>2008494

i was going to ignore this post but instead i want to express sincerely that you should go back to /a/ or /b/ or wherever you're from
>>
is there such a thing as a domestic medium hair?

my cat doesnt have really long hair but it's definitely not short
>>
File: image.jpg (314KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
314KB, 1280x960px
>>2007392
My cat is just a orange version of yours lmao
>>
File: 1448941438236.jpg (331KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1448941438236.jpg
331KB, 1280x960px
>>2008746
>>
>>2008715
there is!
>>
File: rain.jpg (65KB, 317x625px) Image search: [Google]
rain.jpg
65KB, 317x625px
>>
>>2008134
That was the only post I have made in this thread. It's also ironic that the one spewing ad hominems is actually the one who best fits the description.
>>
>>2008803
I figured it would be obvious that I was using the word as an impersonal you and not actually speaking replying as if you were the original person getting your panties in a twist, especially considering that you even referred to him in your post as "he", but regardless

not quite sure how you're confused m8. looking at the OP, written specifically to point out how others are ignorant or incorrect, then them getting pissed off when it's pointed at that they're wrong too. that's it.

>"hurr but the anon correcting him was rude"
doesn't change that he was right
>>
>>2008746
>>2008747
This man has a second chin with hair one it!
>>
>>2007392
muh cat is blacker than yours

her name is push-things-over-edges

i mean seriously , why do maine coons things like this
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>2008997
forgot pic
>>
>>2008998
That's not a Maine Coon.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.