[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /an/ agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 539x1553px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 539x1553px
Does /an/ agree?
>>
>fish can only survive an hour in the plastic bag
>a bowl is fine for betta
>lizard nonsense
no, I do not agree.
>>
>>2006225
not really.
it takes a lot longer than one week to cycle a fish tank, especially if you don't actually know how to cycle it. Bettas don't really do that well in bowls. Fish can easily survive 2 days in a plastic bag if the person packing them knows what they're doing.

I don't know about the rest of the advice, but if half the fish advice is wrong I don't know why I'd trust the rest.
>>
File: hwg1ejtpe9fz6e1tucdm.jpg (32KB, 728x505px) Image search: [Google]
hwg1ejtpe9fz6e1tucdm.jpg
32KB, 728x505px
> most lizards can grow up to two feet long
>>
Except for a few misinformed things, like the beta being ok in bowls, he/she seems to be trying to spread a little knowledge on pets before the holidays hit, so he's alright with me.
>>
They word shit in a way that would just upset arrogant people to a point where they would not want to read/follow, not enough information for the ignorant to go off of, and no new information for those who already know their shit.

It's pretty much facebook circle-jerk tier, I doubt it will actually help anyone not make a mistake this holiday.
>>
>>2006252
exactly this. facebook circle jerk
>>
>>2006235
>that fucking pic
Edgelord
>>
Petsmart Pet Care employee here. Most of it. The amount of people who want goldfish for a fish bowl is depressing.

>"Can I get two of these small feeder goldfish?"
>"Sure. Do you have piranhas or something?"
>"Oh, no, they're going to be pets."
>"Oh, nice! How big of a tank do you have?"
>"A fish bowl... like one gallon, I think?"
>"..."

Sometimes I can talk them out of it, but sometimes not. I'm not allowed to actually deny somebody from buying something.

I hate this belief that goldfish can go in bowls and that they only live for like a week. Goldfish are carp, like koi, in that they do best in either huge tanks, or ponds, and are filthy. In a bowl or small tank they'll slowly cook themselves in their own ammonia output, AND be deformed as their bodies 'try' to limit their growth to the tank. Keeping a goldfish in a bowl is a fucking death sentence for what's really a beautiful fish.

>"can I get five black skirt tetras and a blue gourami?"
>"Sure. How big's your tank?"
>"Five gallons."

Every time this happens, I pretty much tell them that their only option is really a betta if they want their fish to actually not suffer and die terrible deaths. Even then, a beta is best in a five-gallon tank.

>>2006230
You're full of shit

>>2006235
You ever seen a fully grown bearded dragon?
>>
>>2006225
this is one of those long tumblr posts with bold and italicized words people make for the sole purpose of getting a lot of notes. it's so contrived
>>
>>2007289
>You ever seen a fully grown bearded dragon?
have you ever seen more than 10 kinds of lizards?
>>
>>2007328
Most lizards commonly available IN PET STORES, shitlord.
>>
>>2007329
anoles minus the exceptional knight. geckos period.
>>
>>2006225
Mostly yes, except for the betta in bowl thing, also
>rats do better in pairs
is an understatement. they need a buddy.
>>
No fish should be put in a bowl. Not only are bowls small with no filtration, but you can't control the temperature at all, and bettas like their water a bit warm. Sudden changes in temperature can badly stress the fish. A bowl might be a good temporary home while you get/cycle a tank, but it's a bad idea longterm.

Syrian hamsters have to be alone, but dwarf Russian hamsters can live in small familial groups. They can actually get very attached to each other. You have to be watchful for any signs of escalating aggression, though, and be ready to separate them if necessary.

>>2007329
>shitlord

Shouldn't you be on Facebook or Tumblr, arguing for transrights and asexual recognition or something? Maybe designing a Gemsona?
>>
>>2007340
>tumblr
>for using an insult that was very common before tumblr was even a thing

what
>>
>>2007348
Shitlord, like asshat, is extremely popular among SJWs because they're insults that aren't sexist, racist, or ableist, so they feel as though they can still assume a position of moral superiority when they result to personal attacks during a debate with cisgendered white males.
>>
>>2007441
That's retarded.
>>
>>2007451
It's how it is. Seriously. Engage in an argument with any of them, shitlord and asshat are their most commonly used insults (aside from "bigot"). If you google "shitlord" it'll back me up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.