[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is my cat. He is beautiful.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: UGRolYC (1).jpg (93KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
UGRolYC (1).jpg
93KB, 960x960px
This is my cat. He is beautiful.
>>
>>2005541

i'm sure your parents paid a lot of money for that show quality ragdoll. unless he's from a BYB, those cats cost a lot of $$$
>>
Nah, paid myself. Cost a shitload of money, but I changed the minds of some people around me at least, getting them to realize that cats too are worth money. People will just shrug if you tell them you spend money on a dog, but if you do the same for a cat they call you crazy.
>>
>>2005559

well he is a gorgeous cat, looks like he's got awesome genetics. most people who balk at spending money on a cat are either shelter ideologues or cat haters, so whatever, fuck em.
>>
What did he cost? And if possible what cattery did he come from. I'm looking into getting a kitten.
>>
>>2005577
He cost approx. 1000 dollar. He's from a very small cattery in Norway, so I don't know if it would be convenient for you to go there for a kitten.
>>
File: best bed.jpg (94KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
best bed.jpg
94KB, 960x960px
Ragdolls are the best! Here's on of my boys, I've posted him here before. I love this breed so damn much and I got super close to the breeder I went through while picking my boys out. She sold me on the breed completely, so much that I might actually go into showing/breeding Ragdolls when I'm in a better place to do so.
>>
File: cover snuggles.jpg (43KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
cover snuggles.jpg
43KB, 720x960px
>>2005598
His brother.
>>
File: vet.jpg (56KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
vet.jpg
56KB, 640x852px
>>2005599
And their reaction to their last vet visit.
>>
>>2005581

Ah yeah, it wouldn't. I'm in the us. Most of the catteries around here seem to want even more than that.
>>
>>2005604

in any place with a reasonable amount of people you will probably pay around $800 for a pet quality ragdoll. this is cats who will come iwth papers and are fully pedigreed but have one (or more) factors to them that would prevent htem from ever being competitive in a show. this doesn't mean that there is anything actually "wrong" with the cat in any sense other than an arbitrary one, but these are the cheapest cats a (reputable) cattery will provide. for show/breeder quality cats you are looking at potentially way more money, depending on how well the cat represents its breed and if you want to pay for the privilege of being able to continue on its bloodline.

the other reason you will find ragdolls at a high pricepoint is because there are some (somewhat unscrupulous) catteries who will ship their cats many places. thus they have more demand for their cats and are able to charge a lot more money.

just do your homework and find a reputable breeder in your area who does NOT ship kittens. if you are trying to save money on a cat, you will be supporting breeders who also are trying to cut corners, which leads to bad juju.
>>
>>2005604
I paid $850 for my boys. They're both pet quality though, Aijo doesn't have the personality to put up with showing and Yori has weird markings, but the show quality cats started at $1200 and just went up.
>>
>>2005541
HE'S A WIGHT
>>
$ per hour?
>>
File: chanel.jpg (36KB, 960x543px) Image search: [Google]
chanel.jpg
36KB, 960x543px
An anon posted this pic in a cat general
please more pics!
>>
>>2005612
>>2005618

I'd be happy with pet quality. I'll keep looking, I'm in no rush and not looking to cut corners. I think the ones I've seen so far are mainly those unscrupulous ones you speak of. It's just difficult because those are the ones it is easy to find. Reputable breeders are much more difficult to find because by definition really they don't advertise and give their cats only to people they are reasonably sure of.

But I live near St. Louis and Chicago so it's only a matter of time until I find one, I'm sure. I may just have to find some cat shows and attend them.
>>
>>2005922
Go to some local cat shows and find a breeder with cats you like. Talk to them and ask them if they're planning to breed soon, what you need to do to get a kitten, and if they're not breeding what catteries they work with that might be able to work with you. That's how I met my breeder. If nothing else you spend a day looking at cute cats, even if you don't find your breeder.
>>
Congrats, it s a lovely cat, i myself have bought two scottish from a breeder friend.
>>
>>2005944

I would enjoy that anyway.
>>
>>2005541
That's from reddit guys
>>
>>2007420
So? It's a pretty cat, this is an animal board, we had a short discussion on how to find a breeder. It fits what this board was designed to do.
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 1280x960px
This is my cat. She is adorable.
>>
Any ragdoll owners know of any mental issues that occur in the breed? I'm watching my friend's cat for a while now, because of her new schedule she can't be home as much as she needs to to care for her ragdoll cat. The reason she needs to be home all of the time for this cat? It's neurotic and will chew on his paws to the point of stitches.

The first time it happened the vets assumed that it was an allergic reaction, to switch foods and get air filters, all of that jazz. But it persisted to the point where he needed stitches on the hind leg he was chewing, so they put him on antibiotics and a hardcore flea treatment. When none of that helped, and he almost destroyed his leg, the vet had suggested amputation, that maybe there was a phantom pain because they couldn't find any issues. Thankfully my friend had to think about it for a while, and while the cat had his cone of shame off one day, he started biting through his front paws also, which debunked the phantom pain theory. Thankfully he still has all 4 healthy limbs, he is on prozac and he must wear a cat cone whenever he isn't being strictly supervised. But while the prozac helps, it doesn't eliminate the behavior and it's only fixing a symptom.

Has anyone else had anything similar? She keeps her kitty on a very strict routine, including play and groom times (he can't groom himself as much as he should with the cone so it's done daily). Because her work schedule interferes with this strict routine, I'm taking care of him for the time being. He is still very affectionate and playful, it doesn't seem like he is bothered too much. He just really hates his paws.
>>
>>2005559

I'm a dog person, and I still think it's stupid. The only way I could justify paying more than 500 dollars for an animal is if you need a reliable work/service animal.

Getting a designer cat is just like, wow, cool, you paid extra for slightly prettier living furniture.
>>
>>2007428
Honestly sounds like he has a neuroligical problem that's causing the behavior.

>>2007531
If you think of pets as living furniture you shouldn't ever keep animals. Did I pay more than most people for my cats? Yes, but I have their family medical history going back 6 generations, I knew their general personalities before I met them, and they're great companion pets. That they're pretty is a plus, not a requirement.
>>
>>2007531
>you paid extra for slightly prettier living furniture.
and semi-reliable genetics.

mutts are a genetic gamble.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
muh friend's kitty
>>
File: image.jpg (624KB, 1554x1812px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
624KB, 1554x1812px
>>2007920
why did it flip sideways

try #2
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.