[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>love animals all my life >didnt get into a career

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: z3Rq2.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
z3Rq2.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>love animals all my life
>didnt get into a career working with animals
>>
You're not dead yet, faggot.

There's always time for a change. Unless you are dead, in which case: skellington pls go.
>>
what kind of job involving animals do you want?
>>
Seems most animal-related jobs are low-paying. Though I'm applying to be a conservation officer.
>>
>>2001673
>love animals
>barely get into vet school
>work my ass off
>everything is shit
>mfw I have no face
You're not missing anything, OP. Hobbies should stay hobbies.
>>
>>2001673

>Also want a job with animals.
>Tfw they're all over rated, and I couldn't make a living.
>>
>>2002479
>Hobbies should stay hobbies.
Thats always been my fear. That hobbies lose their fun once you mix work into them.
>>
>>2001673
Working with animals is the most rewarding job ever. I dont care about money. I've learned to make it work.
>>
More. Bump. More animal job stories. Motivate me to quit my server job. TELL ME HOW HAPPY YOU ARE WORKING WITH POOPIES ;_;
>>
I am a criminal defense attorney in a major city. So yes, I do work with animals
>>
>>2002675
10/10
>>
I started volunteering at a rescue, find one near you and see that its not what its cracked up to be.
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 600x398px
>>2001673
Working my dream job. I get paid near minimum wage, the job is terrible on your body, and I'll probably die of skin cancer. But the animals make it the absolute best job in the world, all the workplace drama and aches and pains fade away when I see them smile. If you truly love animals then go for it, go for your dream job, it's 100000% worth it and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I mean I literally would probably turn down a tripled salary if it meant I wouldn't get to work my job anymore. I fucking love it and am so lucky.

Pic related. The best animals in the world.
>>
>>2002449
>animal-related jobs are low-paying

avian biologist fag here, can confirm. but at least it doesn't feel like work when you're having fun

a lot of it ends up as volunteering your life away just to feel like you're getting your foot in the door, and they will use the fuck out of you, because they know, even if you quit, there's some other straight-outta college hippy-dippy that will take your place as a volunteer for free.

>>2002675

heheheheheheh
>>
File: FMD2G.png (293KB, 695x1024px) Image search: [Google]
FMD2G.png
293KB, 695x1024px
>>2001673
>love animals
>can't get one because I know I wouldn't be able to care of it properly
>>
>>2001673
Working with animals, unless you're a high level trainer usually means euthanising 80% of them. It's not all it's cracks up to be, shelters kill dogs, vets kill everything, horse trainers go through horses like underwear, it's not as fulfilling as it sounds unless you're a big shot phd.
>>
>>2001673
Op be glad you didn't choose a career working with animals. The turnover rate for those jobs is high, and so is the burnout rate. The problem isn't the animals, it's people. People and politics. Dog groomers constantly see neglected pets. Zoo keepers must do what is best for the zoo, not individual animals. Vet techs must deal with stupid, neglectful owners AND condescending vets.
>>
>>2003401
>Vet techs must deal with stupid, neglectful owners AND condescending vets.
This.
>>
>>2002704
thanks annonymous man, your comment motivated me
>>
>>2002704
What do you do and how long have you been doing it?
>>
File: job.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
job.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>2002446
Lion Taming.
>>
My mom started as a vet tech and then started a pet sitting business when I was around 1 or 2.

I've been working with people's pets since I was 17. It pays pretty shitty but I get to pet animals for part of the day as my job.

I could also keep the business if I wanted to when she decides to retire, but I don't think I will.
>>
File: anteater.jpg (94KB, 595x358px) Image search: [Google]
anteater.jpg
94KB, 595x358px
>>2003446
Not even that scary, don't know what the big deal is
>>
>>2003366
Have you looked in to getting a snake or lizard? The common 'beginner' ones require very little active care.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.