[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can you love animals but not feed your pet a vegan diet?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: vegan food dog.jpg (24KB, 266x426px) Image search: [Google]
vegan food dog.jpg
24KB, 266x426px
How can you love animals but not feed your pet a vegan diet?

>I love animals that I grind them up and give them to my pet

How is that logical?
>>
>hows it logical that im gonna grind your bones to make my bread?
that's the magic of fiction
>>
Well in the case of dogs, you can and people do but in cats you can't. I think it is strange that you don't get this concept. Human attachment is hardly indiscriminate about anything from personal relationships, politics, entertainment and more. Dogs/cats/pets are companion animals and people love and care for them including their diet. Any animal can be a companion animal, there are people with pet cows and those people would probably rather eat a strange dog than their beloved cow. But cats and dogs specifically lend themselves well to domestic situations so they are more common companion animals. The discriminatory facto that separates a food animal from a companion animal is simply that they accompany humans. The cows and pigs ground up in that bag weren't the personal companions of anyone.

Everyone operates on this "hypocrisy" of feeling about various shit because life isn't fair or full of justice.

But some food producers do love and care for their animals as well. It isn't mutually exclusive. It is actually very natural and if you weren't separated from the source by supermarkets you'd not have an issue with it either. Animal husbandry is rewarding and a good source of nutrition.
>>
Don't misuse the word logic to apply to this. What you are describing is emotion, not logic.

If you used logic, you would realize it is logical to feed animals that eat other animals food that is other animals. If you used stupid, hippy vegan emotional bullshit as a substitution for logic, however, you would try to force your feelings onto animals just to say you preserved your delicate sensibilities, but you don't actually care about your animal companion.

2/10 bait, but there are actually people who think this, and they are dipshits.
>>
>>2001055
/thread
>>
>>2001024
How can you love yourself but bait so hard
>>
>>2001024
try and make your bait a little less obvious next time.
>>
File: IMG_2520-web.jpg (132KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2520-web.jpg
132KB, 600x400px
Why even bother grinding them?
>>
stfu op
>>
>>2001031
>animal husbandry is a good source or nutrition

Are you drinking bull semen again?
>>
>>2001120
I don't want my dog to choke on the small bits.
>>
>>2001024
>muh fur babies
Literally kill yourself
>>
Do you vegans even circle of life? If we all stopped eating animals the earth would shit itself. We don't have enough room for us and the trillions of animals we wouldn't be consuming. The majority of them would starve and die slow painful deaths. You could day get rid of humans then but that isn't going to happen so eating animals it is. Also for a vegan, you suck at not using animal products. There's actually an oil or something in phones and computers I believe, that is made from animals.
>>
I'm a vegan and I hate you
>>
Not this shit again.
>>
>>2001024
I agree. My cousin had a cat that wouldn't eat anything but lettuce, collard greens and boiled kale. It lived for nearly three years.
>>
OP, if you really cared about animals you would just kill yourself. Your very existence is detrimental to animals. Even the existence of other animals is detrimental to animals. I don't think you can justify being alive, let alone expect others to justify feeding animals to their pets.
>>
If you want to keep an animal but don't want to feed your animal meat, get an herbivorous pet. There's plenty out there.

If you feed a dog (carnivorous but with a large omnivorous streak) a vegan diet, I will side-eye the fuck out of you.

If you feed a cat (a hypercarnivore that cannot survive on anything but meat) a vegan diet, I will call the cops on your animal abusive ass.
>>
Upon reflection, I have realized that I do not "love animals." I respect them as biological colonies and their place in the ecosystem, and acknowledge my own place in the ecosystem as well as the places of the animals under my care, which I will care for to the best of my ability. But I will not look at a lamb or a calf or a fawn and decide that I will not feed my pets meat because of them -- nor will I abstain myself. However, I will not consume to the excess.

And as simply as that, I am content.

I adore my own animals, certainly, but only because of the hours upon hours I have put into their care and training. Everything else can be viewed with clinical detachment.
>>
>>2001024
Because I know that my pets have some nutritional needs I need to fulfil and that on their own they would probably massacre anything they could to eat what they need and want.

Petafagging and furmuming is the worst form of 'animal love'.
You claim to love your pets,but yet you have no respect for their natural diet,nor on the way your retarded agenda influences them.

Want a cat,but can't stand it eating meat? Get a rabbit.

Want a dog,but can't stand it eating meat? Get a pet pig.

Until you realize what true animal love means you can continue jerking off your obese 'pitbull' mutt rescue and spreading false info.
>>
>>2002956
Don't some of the pet pig breeds need some meat or animal products in their diet too?
Also, can pet pigs be house trained? Are there dog-sized breeds that don't grow to become 100Kg+ rampaging monsters that absolutely need an outdoor pen and a friend-pig or two?
>>
>>2002959
Pigs are omnivores,but I tried to give peta fag anything green and similar to a dog.

Yes,they can be house trained and you have smaller pig breeds,but you STILL have to look for a really serious person to get a pig of wished proportions.
Some breeders tend to lie about the size the piglet will be when fully developed.
>>
>>2001024
When my cat gets a mouse in the house, I praise him for being useful to me. When he catches a bird outside, I praise him for being a good cat. I feed him chicken, the closest living relative to T-Rex. He is a king of beasts.
>>
For the love of all that is holy I hope you don't have a cat.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.