[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Currently there are two (a male and female) S. grossa (I THINK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (93KB, 560x380px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 560x380px
Currently there are two (a male and female) S. grossa (I THINK BUT AM NOT 100%) somewhere in my bedroom. Last saw the female in her web, which I discovered under the part of my bed where I put my head.

They are now both at large.
How fucked am I? Any advice?

Southern California, if that's important.
>>
Bug bomb your room and get it over with. Go out for a few hours and let those fuckers die.

I would have noped the fuck out of there as soon as I saw one, let alone two .
>>
>>2000911
It might have to come to that, but for now I'm going to try and wait to catch them myself.

I contemplated just vacuuming up all the webs, but that might scare them if they are still here. Then they might run who knows where, like into my bed.

It's a stake out.
>>
>>2000918
OP, what the fuck? Just bug bomb it. You don't even know if it's actually S. grossa or actually a Latrodectus. What if it turns out your identification is incorrect and it bites you in the middle of the night?
>>
>>2000949
Look unless he's allergic to bites, as long as he goes to a hospital he will undoubtedly survive, he may not even have to go to a hospital as long as he's a healthy adult. Unless it goes for cover underneath the sheets, it has no reason to seek out biting him. Also it's pretty easy to distinguish the two species, you just kinda know when it's a black widow or a false.
>>
>>2000951
>Look unless he's allergic to bites, as long as he goes to a hospital he will undoubtedly survive
if he's not a very unhealthy small child or elderly person he'll undoubtedly survive even without visiting a doctor. this goes for ALL spider bites.
>>
Yeah I'm not too worried. I'm almost certain it's not a black widow, which we see a lot around here. It's a dark brown with no red markings.

But even a false widow bite can cause blisters and fever, which isn't fun, so I don't think I'll sleep in my room tonight. Maybe I'll just start vacuuming now, since I haven't seen the spiders.
>>
>>2000986
>yeah, I not to worried, I'm just having a seizure and burning my fucking house down because i saw a thing that reminded me of another thing that might be able to hurt me a little.
>>
>>2000991
Calm down son, vacuuming isn't burning my house down.

I also found the male. He's hiding in a crack.
>>
>>2000995
>it's no big deal, I'm just gonna stay up all night vacuuming and then take a nap in my car.
>>
>>2000997
don't make fun, you can't be too careful around harmless animals that remind you of nearly harmless ones
>>
>>2000997
I've been vacuuming for like 5 minutes dingus. I just wanted to wait to give the spiders a chance for me to capture and release them first.

Sadly the male wouldn't come out so I sealed the crack with joint compound. Maybe it opens to the outside and he can leave.
>>
>>2001006
>I didn't vacuum all night! I had to stop to do some home repairs for the sole purpose of killing a single tiny spider.
>>
paint it and become spiderman

Arent they (relatively) nondangerous? I thought their bite would just cause some rash/muscle pain
>>
>>2001010
Yeah from what I've read it's just minor rash, muscle pain, and fever. But I don't want them breeding inside my house by my head. I'm hoping I can catch the female and let her outside. I think she's under my bed.
>>
>>2001013
better get out the vacuum and joint compound and sleep in a hotel room reserved under a fake name and paid for in cash so the spiders can't track you.
>>
Dear OP,
we want to live near your head and breed and give you a fever and muscle pain.
love,
mr and missus s grossa.
ps: we're real and we plan to hurt you and no vacuuming is going to stop us.
>>
>>2001025
Just let me put you outside god dammit.
>>
>>2001026
HELL NO! - WE WON'T GO!
HELL NO! - WE WON'T GO!
HELL NO! - WE WON'T GO!
>>
>>2001027
Dear Mrs. Grossa,
You have a fat abdomen.
>>
>>2001030
it's babies and I love them and we all love to give you localized rashes while you're asleep in your bed.
>>
>>2000888
looks like S. grossa to me.
In my former apartment these were just everywhere and I never had any issues.
>>
>>2000991
False Widows are also poisonous to humans

On the other hand, neither Black Widows or False Widows are very likely to bite you, unless you actively invade their home.
>>
>>2000888
I've been bitten by these guys more times than I can count.

They're completely harmless.

don't fuck with the real widows though.
>>
Just started browsing this board, what's with the extreme hate for fear of spiders? When I was a child I was told they'd lay eggs under my skin and devour me alive from the inside out.

Though I now know this to be false, I still feel a fairly deep fear at the sight of any spider. I don't care about what their bite may or may not do- I rate all spiders on diabolicalness. The more diabolical it appears, the less I trust it not to lay eggs under my skin, and the further I have to sleep from it.

I also don't try to kill them. All spiders are ninjas trained in anti-human combat as far as I'm concerned, and provoking one of these fanged carnivores into swinging onto my eyeball and blinding me forever by taking bites out of my cornea then and there is the last thing I want.
>>
File: 003000-spiders.jpg (57KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
003000-spiders.jpg
57KB, 500x470px
From funkysmell.com
>>
>>2001079
>False Widows are also poisonous to humans
well, don't eat them, silly.
>>
>>2001086
>I've been bitten by these guys more times than I can count.

>They're completely harmless.

I doubt that. Because A. False Widows almost never bite unless you are fucking with them. and B. They are venomous.

>The bite of S. grossa is known to be medically significant in humans, but minor, without any long-lasting effects. Symptoms of bites include blistering at the site of the bite, muscle spasms, pain, fever, sweating, and/or a general malaise lasting for several days.
>>
>>2000888
If you look closely enough you can see a skull on its body.
Nice double trips btw
>>
>>2001027
We dun do nuffin
>>
>>2000888
m8s spiders dont do shit to you. Look at it this way, they are small species and a giant fucking monster comes and screams and sometimes tries to kill you, what will you do? Theres only two things: run away fast as fuck, or try to fight back. Just wait for them to go back, they always go back to their webs unless you were a dumbass and destroyed their web, when they go back just kill them both
>>
>>2001703
>several days of pain and discomfort
Get bugguy in here so he can read this and weep.
>>
>>2001703
>False Widows almost never bite unless you are fucking with them. and B. They are venomous.
their babbies bite constantly, and just because a venom is known to cause reaction doesn't mean it always causes reaction.
>>
File: 1443077438003.jpg (32KB, 460x527px) Image search: [Google]
1443077438003.jpg
32KB, 460x527px
>>2000888
burn you house mate... burn it now.!!!
>>
>>2001925
>and just because a venom is known to cause reaction
it isn't.

spider venom allergies actually don't exist, the peptides in spider venom can't cause an allergic reaction because the immune system doesn't react to them at all.
>>
File: buggfagg.jpg (53KB, 392x440px) Image search: [Google]
buggfagg.jpg
53KB, 392x440px
>>2001961
>>
>>2001964
>>2001965
you can really see the balding starting
>>
>>2001969
yeah except for right down the middle.
>>
What in the wide world of sports is this nonsense.
OP is in Southern California (me likewise):
If it's not a black, brown, or false widow you're extremely NOT fucked, what's wrong with you, this is So.Cal where the spiders are wimpy.
Even if it IS a widow, nothing's going to happen if you're just sleeping, they're not going to walk on top of your bed, they'll stay UNDER things.

>>2001491
Honestly it's not so much hate against arachnophobes as perhaps pity. Here we are in 2015 and everyone has available to them, at their fingertips, all this info on why spiders are nothing to panic over, and everybody still goes apeshit even thinking about a spider.
If it was people we were talking about, it'd be called racism.
>>
>Spider bit me in my bed the other night
>Its been a week and the minor swelling is still on my leg

I wish the United States wasn't so terrible so I could go to the doctor and make sure I don't die
>>
Here's a rule I've gone by for my entire life, and I'm an Ausfag
1. If it isn't a huntsman, kill it with extreme prejudice
2. If it is a huntsman, safely return it to somewhere outside your residence
>>
>>2003118
A week? I think it's gone beyond the point where any chance of dying has passed... Unless the spider had AIDS or something...
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 720x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 720x545px
>>2001961
You are the equivalent of pic-related posts from /b/. Purposefully going full retard to extents that baffle seasoned browsers of the site.
>going from "you'd need to be weak from age or illness to have a reaction to a spider bite" to "spider venom allergies actually don't exist"
Bugguy, you're the Ant Man of /an/.
Just fuck off.
>>
>>2003487
>pic related
Thats just one of the shill threads spammed on /b/, like the cuk threads.
>>
spiders are qt
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.