[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/an/ my outdoor cat recently started getting this scab on her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0664.jpg (1MB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0664.jpg
1MB, 3264x1824px
/an/ my outdoor cat recently started getting this scab on her chin. What is it and how do i treat it? I dont have any money for a vet,im jobless and literally have $10 to my name right now...latelly i think shes been wandering out further so i think shes coming into more contact with other cats.
>>
If you're broke then for ducks sake keep your cat indoors. You cannot afford the inevitable vet bills that come with an outdoor cat.
>>
>>1999099
My cat actually got the exact same thing about a month ago. His shin fur is still thin, but the black spots went away and reb pimple things have gone away too.

That said, you should take your cat to the local animal shelter anc explain to them that you can't afford the vet bill. They have seen every problem under the sun there and will help you out if they can. That's what I do with my cats.
>>
Looks like bad acne. Can become infected/abscessed. Keep your cat indoors, you dumb shit, or it might turn into worse.
>>
>>1999168
>>1999105
I cant keep her indoors my mom doesnt want her inside. I moved here cuz im broke!
>>
>>1999188
Get some antibacterial soap made for cats and rub it on once or twice a day. It helped my cat get over his
>>
>>1999190
Do they have something like this at walmart? Ive seen cat shampoo but i dont think it said anything about anti bacterial.

Do you think i could use something like neosporin?

How do i treat her? She hates baths and doesnt like being picked up or handled. Im assuming it might be slightly painful for her. Is it possible to drug/sedate her?

Would a product similar to alcohol/iodine be good to disinfect?
>>
>>1999222
Try rinsing it every day with cotton wool and saline solution.
If you have petroleum jelly, put that on.
That shit heals like magic.
If worst comes to worst, try human anti bacterial oinment.
AS a poorfag i have had to use such methods.
My semi outdoor cat got an abcess, and after draining it, i poured little bits of the powder inside antibiotic capsules on the wound, healed up super fast.

Gently clean it with saline (you can make it yourself), put petroleum jelly on it and it will help.
>>
>>1999168
Apart from the effect on local wildlife, what are the arguments for having an indoors cat?

I am not the OP, but i'm in the UK and it is incredibly rare for anyone to keep their cat indoors all the time. The vast majority of cats are both indoor and outdoor cats, roaming for much of the day or night and hunkering down on our laps the other half of the time, or coming back to play and be fed.

My last cat was an indoor cat for the last half year or so of his life, but only because it waa cold outside and he didn't want to go out. He was 21 years old and had been a free roaming outdoor cat for all his life, and we had him put down because of intestinal cancer and feline diabetes; completely unrelated to his outside life.

Other cats my parents have had have lived similar lengths. The previous two lived until the age of 18. My current one will probably live less but that's because he seems to have a congenital breathing condition.
>>
>>1999352
>Apart from the effect on local wildlife, what are the arguments for having an indoors cat?
Keeping your cat safe from predators, cars, nasty diseases, being poisoned (either intentionally or unintentionally), being stolen
>>
File: IMAG0717.jpg (1MB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0717.jpg
1MB, 3264x1824px
This has gotten worse. I posted on the 15th but the pic was taken a couple days earlier. Im going to try the saline treatment and maybe some type of ointment. Ugh.
>>
File: IMAG0719.jpg (1MB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0719.jpg
1MB, 3264x1824px
I cleaned her up with warm saline solution. She definetly did not like it. I was being as gentle as i could while trying to be thorough. She kept doing the back off growl meow.

I threw some of this antibiotic ointment on her because its all i have.

Ill have to repeat and see if she improves
>>
>>2000456
That shod help.

Do you feed her or does she hunt for herself? Seems to me it could be a food allergy.
>>
>>2000460
I feed her purina cat food daily.
I know its not trophy food but she eats well. But now with her being outdoors i do occasionally see her trying to hunt birds, i dont think sge actually succeeds. I know for a fact she likes to hunt flies and crickets but she never eats them. She just bites off their wings and legs and plays with them.
>>
lick it
>>
>Hey /an/ my pet has this thing which obviously needs to be treated by a vet
>btw I don't have money for a vet xD
Every fucking time
>>
>>2000475
>I know for a fact she likes to hunt flies and crickets but she never eats them. She just bites off their wings and legs and plays with them.
this is my main reason for hating cats

my second reason is that they transmit Toxoplasma gondii, a well known zombie parasite
>>
>>1999099
you need to either find the money or just get used to your cat having oozing scabs on his chin. feline acne is some serious shit.
>>
>>1999352
Yeah, I know, I've been to the UK and the mentality with cats is completely different there. You sound sincere, so I'll give you a real answer: stick around /an/ for more than a week and you'll see plenty of indoor-vs.-outdoor cat shitflinging arguments. It's a hot-button issue among cat owners.

For the record, here in the states we have a lot more big natural predators than you guys. Coyotes are notorious cat-killers. Big-ass birds of prey take them too. Where I live we even have shit like bears, mountain lions, and wolves roaming around further to the north.

This guy's got it, though >>1999397. Additionally: no exposure to parasites, shitty cruel people that hurt animals, cat fights (which often result in abscesses because cat bites infect like a bitch), weather (many cats lose eartips to frostbite), etc. I've been working in vet clinics for almost a decade now, and for every guy like you beating the odds, there's two or three more losing young, healthy animals to car wheels or antifreeze poisoning.
>>
>>2000491
>my second reason is that they transmit Toxoplasma gondii
Oh boy, we got another memelord over here. I strongly support a legal measure to execute anyone that spreads meme-tier misinformation bullshit on the internet.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.