[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got this little guy yesterday can any one tell me his breed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 20151104_090703.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20151104_090703.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
Got this little guy yesterday can any one
tell me his breed is he a mix how big he might get temperament and what he is going to look like as
an adult
>>
Not an expert, but i'd say he's got some lab, maybe even some pit. He looks like he's got the feet legs and body of a pit, skull and face of a lab.
>>
>>1991624
Skull and face look the most pit bull-like to me
>>
>>1991621
>>1991625
100% that is a pit bull. And an adorable pit at that
>>
>>1991631
thanks but do you think he is mixed with anything
>>
>>1991621
100% pit bull. Put him in a shelter before you lose a hand. Why the fuck did you get a dog you didn't know what was? Not only is it dangerous enough thing to do, but you got a fucking pit bull? Jesus Chrst
>>
It's really difficult to tell at this age unfortunately, many breed traits only appear when the dog is half-grown and are not obvious as a puppy. He definitely has a strong pit bull look, but pit bull covers multiple breeds and there's huge variation in their sizes, so it's difficult to give you an estimate for his final height/weight. Try again in a few months with some standing and side-on photos, it might be clearer by then.
>>
>>1991641
Long snout points to part lab.
>>
>>1991641
He could be but sometimes shelters say pits are mixes because they don't want dumb asses trying to get a dog fighting dog to adopt them for that reason.
>>
This looks like a pit mix. Gonna be a great dog! Just socialize regularly and make sure you go for walks or exercise daily. Mine is literally the best dog I've ever had in my life.
>>
>>1991646
Pitbull are not always aggressive as the media portrays. Proper care and training is recommended for such breeds.
>>
the only thing anyone can really say at this age is pitbull. maybe a little lab or pointer in there, but at this age it's anyone's guess really. where did you get him?

>>1991684
I work at a shelter and when I was trained on how to impound dogs, we're told to always put "mix" in unless we're 100% absolutely sure they're purebred. mostly because if dont and an adopter does genetic testing on the dog once they have them and a breed pops up that we didn't disclose the dog having we can get sued through the ass (happened once a few years ago) but putting "mix" in covers all that. we do this for all the dogs, not just pits. also it helps people not be such breedfags about the dogs and judge them more as an individual
>>
>>1991746
>be kid
>bring home friendly uncollared abpt i found freezing in the snow at 2am
>parents bug out and won't even let me keep him in the basement or yard until the shelter opens in the morning
>sit outside in 15 degree weather with dog to help keep him warm until dad takes dog, drives off and dumps it somewhere else
>"its a dangerous dog, anon. it will snap"

>fast forward three years
>they get a pitmix adopted out to them by the shelter as a 'boxer mix'
>wait a bit before breaking the news
>now they are completely in love with pitbulls

I'm still really mad at this.
>>
File: 20151102_120157.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20151102_120157.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Anyone want to take a guess what he is mixed with is about 14 pounds and a Chihuahua is only supposed to be 5.
>>
File: Message_1445477572600.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Message_1445477572600.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>1991844
>>
>>1991844
German shepherd????
>>
>>1991784
that's some usual parent logic going on there
>>
>>1991883
They have been wrong about everything about animals ever.

>dad hated cats because one killed his childhood rabbit
>i left my cat with him because they're bros

>parents hated birbs
>brought home a cockatiel a found
>now they have two lovebirds they sing to daily

>hated rats
>would get legit mad at me when i wouldn't bring my two over and keep asking me when i'm going to get a new pair

>"fish are dumb and useless"
>dad now has a 60gal he delicately takes care of and spends forever just watching

Granted, they do change even though I basically had to force it all on them, such as making my mother pet a baby opossum I found when I was a lil shit.
>>
File: Beagle-breed-profile.jpg (153KB, 740x401px) Image search: [Google]
Beagle-breed-profile.jpg
153KB, 740x401px
>>1991845
>>1991844
Beagle maybe?
>>
>>1991940
>>1991873
Hah, my first two thoughts were beagle and german shepard. Someone said yorkie but that doesn't seem right at all.
>>
>>1991844
>>1991845
>>1991940
I don't think beagle. I just find it odd that while he does have a beagle body, his head doesn't match. Every beagle mix does not have such a chi/terrier looking face. It's still too domed and the ears are too light and perky.
>>
>>1991646
You're an idiot.
>>
Pit mix I'd say around 5-6 months old. Temperament uhh hard to tell without knowing the dogs parents but keep socializing him & he should be fine as he is still young. I could see him being around 60 pounds as an adult. I was always told to look at the paws and compare to other dogs. I rescued a pit mix who looks almost identical to this but mine is black instead of brown. Had mine for about a month & half now adopted him when he was 6 months old
>>
>>1991646
>people will fall for this obvious bait
>>
>>1991621
Take some more pictures. cute pitty
>>
>>1991646
It's all about the owner, some of the nicest dogs I've ever met have been pits
Treat him good, Anon, he will be your greatest pal
>>
>>1991845
Do not try to take that toy!
>>
>>1991621
That pup shows signs of being a big sweety.
.Yes he does!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.