[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So 1000$ in xrays and ultra sounds and 500$ in blood tests...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So 1000$ in xrays and ultra sounds and 500$ in blood tests... my cat comes up a clean bill of health.

She has been losing weight rapidly for a while, doesnt eat anything no matter what I try, seems nauseous and out of it sometimes. She old, 15.

Basically - has anyone had something like this happen even when tests say shes fine?What was the end result? I'm at a loss. I thought it was CKD but my vet said only one of her kidneys is with premature signs - its not enough to effect.
>>
You've tried everything. Try to keep her comfy. 15 is a little sooner than you'd want but a full life.
>>
>>1991438
Thats trash mentality tho
>>
Sorry OP, I have to agree with the first response. She's been pretty thoroughly checked out by the sound of it, but sadly at that age sometimes a vet cannot identify one thing that is clearly wrong and can be diagnosed and treated, it's just the accumulated effects of old age and everything wearing down at once. It's not trashy to switch to palliative care for a 15 year old cat once you've eliminated conditions that can be treated, there's no cure-all medication or treatment that will fix something that cannot be diagnosed and is likely not reversible. It sounds like your cat is dying and while it's not unheard of at all for an elderly pet to suddenly pick up and be fine for a few more weeks or months before declining again, there is very little you can do to shape that path besides making them comfortable and trying to tempt them with food and treats.
>>
>>1991546
Yeah but she's healthy. Like they didnt say "shes deteriorating" they said shes very healthy on all levels. I mean her kidneys, thyroid, blood count, all common issues are looking absent.

In any case I'll be taking her in. Maybe some appetite stimulants will help.
>>
>>1991414
Did they test her stool?
>>
>>1991414
Have you considered that maybe she's just ready to go?
If it's not anything physiological, it may just be psychological. She had a long, happy life and her naps are just getting longer and she's not quite as hungry as she was before and maybe she's okay with that.
I know it's sort of an anthropomorphism of a cat, but I believe animals know when they're done and if they're happy with what they've had, they just kind of turn in their chips and let go. Why drag her life on until she does start to wear and tear? until she's pissing her bed or in pain? just let her be comfortable and don't force the situation
>>
It's hardly trash mentality, you've done the full battery of tests and the vet can't figure out what's wrong. Maybe try a second or third opinion but don't fritter away your last days with her on a bunch of desperate uncomfortable tests. And who knows, with time and comfort care she may turn around. But she obviously has something quite serious wrong with her. I would guess cancer that isn't easily detectable on vet scans. But who knows.
>>
>wasting $1500 on a cat
>>
>>1991920
this
>>
>>1991414
I've heard cats dont like to eat unless their food smells strongly (haven't experienced this in my own cats though). Maybe her sense of smell is going and everything tastes like cardboard. Try sardines or something? Also older animals can get dementia.
>>
>>1991920
>>1991923
Hello poorfags!
>>
>>1992149
Hello irrational catcuc.k!
>>
>>1991920
more than I'd spend on your sorry ass
>>
Had a buddy recently with a cat in almost the exact situation, though her cat was older. Even did some kinda biopsy shit that cost like $2k. Everything came up clean and to my knowledge the vets basically threw up their hands and said "idk, food allergies?".

Good luck, hope she improves.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.