[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most delicious bug I can raise (easily) to use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: grubs.jpg (68KB, 755x567px) Image search: [Google]
grubs.jpg
68KB, 755x567px
What is the most delicious bug I can raise (easily) to use as human food?
>>
>>1769495
Probably crickets
>>
>>1769507
Crickets are shit. Cockroaches are the best.
>>
>>1769495
i've heard of people eating mealworms. they are cheap and extremely easy to breed. Local pet store will sell you a tub of 50 for a fiver or so. Let those pupate and turn to beatles, wait a few months and you'll have thousands.
>>
>>1769608
How to eat them though?
Just munch them out the pot like peanuts, or crush them up and add them to food?
Wat do?
>>
>>1769612
dust in calcium powder then swallow them alive. that's how muh lizard does it.
>>
>>1769638
>>1769638
only I'm not a lizard
>>
>>1769612
Rinse strain fry/bake

eat w/spoon
>>
>>1769612
I've heard of people using mealworms as an additive in meals with rice, couscous, etc. They're pretty small so they can mix through easily without being big gross bug lumps.
>>
>>1769668
NOPE.

NOPE DE FUCKING NOPE.

FUCK YOU.
>>
>>1769668
pls no
>>
>>1769668
I watched this gif like 10 times before I realized the maggots weren't in some weird rotten fruit. I wish I had stopped at 9.
>>
>>1769668
IIRC in this pic the maggots are actually being used to clean the hole and devour all the rotting flesh.
>>
>>1769674
>>1769676
>>1769677
Those maggots are used to remove dead tissue. It's one of the best ways to prevent further tissue necrosis and prevent the need to amputate the body part.
If you want to get paranoid over bugs, watch this instead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDtnalPdOc
>>
>>1769495
Dubia roaches are probably the easiest to raise, but I wouldn't know about eating them.
>>
Probably something like cockroaches. Not so good if you're allergic though. Silkworms look pretty tasty, but they're also a bitch and a half to raise.

Mealworms and superworms always seemed so nasty to me. I don't even feed those shits to my lizard.
>>
Y'all are fuckin' nasty.
>>
I saw a thread here somewhere about buffaloworms (type of mealworm) being made into burgers. Then I read something about tasting like bacon, maybe.

I wonder how phoenix worms taste (black soldier fly maggots), since every lizard and bird goes apeshit for them once they get a taste. I easily raised massive amounts of them for composting kitchen scraps, but I wouldn't know how to clean them reliably for human consumption. In any case I actually thought they were too cute to nom on, once I got familiar with them.
>>
>>1769684
Dude come the fuck on
>>
>>1769684
Jesus fucking christ all those were in his nose.
>>
>>1769674
>>1769676
>>1769677
>>1769683
What was in here? Maggots in rotten meat?
>>
>>1769882

I'd have to assume medicinal maggots cleaning a wound. It's not a pretty process by any means, but if it's done right it's lab-bred maggots (to prevent any secondary infection they might carry on them) eating infected and/or dead tissue. The treatment disinfects, lowers the need for antibiotics, and speeds up healing. Really a fantastic for what it's used for.
>>
>>1769612
You're supposed to fry them.
>>
>>1769741
What's the big difference between eating insects and crustaceans?
>>
bugs must be fried because of the lack of fat
>>
>>1769684

So that's what it looks like up someone's nose.
>>
>>1769640
You can't fool me lizard.
>>
>>1769944
Hmmm idk, maybe because they are totally different animals. What's the big difference between eating a dolphins and fish?
>>
>>1771831
crustaceans are very closely related to insects
certain taxonomist claim they should just be groupe dtogether
>>
>>1771835
Yeah they're closely related but entirely different animals. By your logic we should eat dolphins and whales. By extension cockatiel birds, macaws and hawks because they are birds like chickens. I mean, what's the difference?
>>
>>1771836
dolphins are much further from fish than crustaceans and insects

dolphins and cows are closer and people eat dolphins, whales, etc so moot point

we don't eat macaws because they taste like shit
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.