[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Is it possible to be so much of a perfectionist that instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to be so much of a perfectionist that instead of being super in control of your life you're so obsessed that you're paralysed and can't get anything done out of fear of it not coming out the exact way you want it to?
>>
Same problem, bumping for help.

Only thing I know is that I'm so scared to be happy (at the point that I actually feel bad physically) that my perfectionism is probably acting in between, to avoid me reaching happiness.
>>
>>18605691
Literally OCD tbqhwy
>>
>>18605691
No OP, that's being lazy not a perfectionist

Perfectionists do
Lazy people are lazy, out of fear or out of will.

Lazy is lazy, you can't change that

Stop the excuse
>>
Yep, that's definitely a thing. Work is about getting it done, op. Make a good draft first, something you don't like b/c it's not perfect, a good try. Or do a practice run. Then, edit and edit, improve and improve until your time runs out. At the deadline, your perfectionism needs to be locked in a corner, and you need to deliver some result. You need to get it done, or turn it in, in whatever shabby shape it's in.

This formula is how I manage my own perfectionism.
>>
>>18605691

yes. i wouldn't call you a perfectionist though, perfectionist does imply that you do it. but there are tons of people like you, who don't end up doing anythign with their lives and then chalk it up to 'lol im a perfectionist'.

i new a pretentious group of filmmakers who over the course of ten years never released a single thing because 'were perfectionists and making sure it comes out perfectly'.

so dumb
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.