[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cost of living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Cost-of-Living.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Cost-of-Living.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
Hello, I want to move out of home. Ive applied for a job and have been scheduled for an interview. now if i get the job i think the pay is around $50k (AUD). I live in Perth though, which is one of the most expensive places to live world wide and Im not to sure what to do. i really dont like the appeal of living in a share home, especially with unknown people and my friends either live at home or are rich as fuck. does anyone have any advice on this? its not like i cant budget either; i cycle everywhere and save what money i have, not buying stuff for myself unless its necessary. i just hate the prospect of moving from a large area to some overpriced 1b1b appartment, and my understanding is that renting never pays off
>>
>>18603527
Get over yourself and get roommates. It is not as terrible as it seems (personally enjoyed it more than living with friends).
>>
>>18603527
>i really dont like the appeal of living in a share home
It's up to you: get over yourself and get flatmates, or pay premium prices for a place to yourself.
>>
live at home, save the money, why shovel money out the window to LARP as independant when you cant afford shit because of it
>>
Why not just share a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom place with 1 other person? No one likes being in a share house but it's how people save money for their own place.
>>
>>18603545
>>18603537
>>18603543
the way i see it rent in the area is $150/week where as a repayment on a $300000 loan (2b2b approx) is at $350/w approx for a 30 year loan (variable interest). although i suppose rates and whatnot are included, is it really worth it to fall behind? its not like you actually save much money, and then the other room i would have i could possibly rent out.

>>18603536
its kind of difficult to find nice share homes, most only invite females (yet have a lgbt inclusive disclaimer???) and to be honest i fear living with drug users even if its just "mild" stuff like cannabis
>>
>>18603572
>the way i see it rent in the area is $150/week where as a repayment on a $300000 loan (2b2b approx) is at $350/w approx for a 30 year loan (variable interest). although i suppose rates and whatnot are included, is it really worth it to fall behind? its not like you actually save much money, and then the other room i would have i could possibly rent out.
What? Do you want to rent, or to buy? Because that's what you're comparing. If you want to buy, you're going to have to stay put until you save up enough for a deposit, and even then, how much you can borrow on a mortgage will be limited by your income.
>>
>>18603572
>its kind of difficult to find nice share homes
Oh, it sure is. But it is worth it.
Look for people with a job (even if they're a little older) and not uni students. Get to know them a little so you can avoid stoners or whatever.
>>
>>18603576
buy, loan estimates say i could borrow up to $311k. i probably have to save for a deposit like you said, and i doubt the first home owners grant is factored into the deposit. why would i need to borrow again once im on the mortgage?

>>18603582
in fact thats the main issue im finding, being male and young immediately is an orange flag, and the whole area is uni students since theres a uni minutes away. the surrounding areas dont become much cheaper either.
>>
>>18603595
If you want to buy, why are you looking at rent and why are you talking about living with other people? Why are you even looking at buying a house now? It'll be at least another year or two before you have enough for a mortgage, and then you still have to find a house to buy.

And all of this is based on your getting this job, which there is no guarantee of.
>>
>>18603615
im looking at options, i see buying as a way to actually establish yourself and renting as as an intermediate that id rather not do. worst case is just staying at home i suppose.
>>
>>18603619
So what do you actually want advice on...?
>>
>>18603626
moving out of home, ive wanted to do it for a while and was wondering about tips and stuff. more people are suggesting house sharing rentals which seems somewhat decent
>>
>>18603572
you're going to need a massive down payment to have monthly rates that low.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.