[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I fucked up real bad. I'm about to become a junior in high

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1481092318158.jpg (23KB, 428x376px) Image search: [Google]
1481092318158.jpg
23KB, 428x376px
I fucked up real bad. I'm about to become a junior in high school and am entering the year with a gpa of 2.3, no extra curriculars, and a bad score on the PSAT. The root of this terrible situation is me being a lazy idiot for the entirety of freshman and sophomore year. Unfortunately, it seems I chose quite the time to realize I was boning my future and am now confronted with the above mess. I have a few Universities I'd want to go to (specifically University of Washington) but that isn't happening unless I change something in a big way. On the bright side, I have now have the motivation to make a change, but it just seems so daunting a task that I am at a loss. I'd love some advice, and thank you.

>pic related is me when I get rejected and join the corps
>>
>>18603211
>2.3 GPA into junior year
youre done for unless you pull eldritch magic buddy
youre supposed to apply at the end of junior year, before the final GPA is in, with volunteer hours most likely for a scholarship
its possible to get into the ghetto nig university, but its pointless
join the army and aim for something tech related, and base a career off that (i.e. as annelectrician or something)

but who knows, youre young dude, keep going for what you want deadass
>>
>>18603211
Yeah you're not going to be able to make significant impact on your GPA, even if you suddenly get all As in every class your senior year. You need to work hard and improve your GPA as best you can, then go to community college. Spend 2 years there, then transfer to UW. You'll save money, and if you get all As in CC, you'll get scholarships and grants to attend UW with little debt.

source: my personal path, but at Gonzaga, and still graduated with zero debt due to scholarships, grants and state/fed aid.
>>
>>18603236
Did you ever feel like you missed out?
>>
>>18603211

pick the highest tier in-state college in the field you want and you can likely get in through a community college path.
>>
>>18603211
>I fucked up real bad. I'm about to become a junior in high school
Contrary to how it may seem, you have not fucked up all that badly. At worst you take the time to go to a 2 year school before transferring to University. If anything I'd say that's better than what most high school graduates end up doing these days. Tons of kids your age head off straight to college and waste shit tons of time and money just to end up with a useless degree and no job. Take this shit seriously from now on and you'll be perfectly fine, most of the students I've worked with at university that went to a 2 year school first wound up performing a hell of a lot better than their peers.
>>
You must be 18 to be on this website.

Additionally, going to college is over-rated.
You are less likely to have a career when you graduate as opposed to actually working in a field in which you are good at for the same amount of time it takes you to graduate college.
>>
>>18603211
You're not boned, yet. Your junior year is the one that colleges will be most interested in looking at. (It's the year where students start to grow up a little bit and really start to consider their future prospects.)

Here's what you need to do...

>Kick ass in all of your classes this year and next
>Volunteer your time somewhere
>Write a really sincere college application essay on how you experienced an awakening of sorts in your junior year

And I think you'll be fine.
>>
>>18603211
Professor writing here.

Yes, you did screw up, but it may be salvageable. If you do really well in your last two years you can create a story about yourself as somebody who took a while to get his head on straight but when he did, showed his true quality. Admissions offices like that story, and if you present it that way in your application essay, you may win them over.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.