[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to the Russian Army?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: russian_navy.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
russian_navy.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
A bit about me ...

Born and raised in USA. Have Russian citizenship, but that's about it in terms of documents that I got from Russia. Have a degree in CS from an ivy league university.

I want to serve in Russian Navy. Preferably become a commissioned officer (the equivalent of). What is the best way of going about doing this? Also how are the conditions among the conscripts (now, i know it sucked before but i'm curious about now)? If they are bad, can I go straight to contract without first serving as a conscript?
>>
>>18603201
>Born and raised in USA
>I want to serve in Russian Navy

You're what in the olden days was called a traitor.
SOB.
>>
>>18603207
> implying there is something to fight for in Weimerica
>>
>>18603209
>i dont wanna die in some random middle eastern shithole for dumbass america!
>id rather do it for putin, the retired kgb officer
>>
>>18603201
>born and raised in the US but want to serve in the russian navy
well thats fucking weird and they probably won't accept you. if you have a CS degree and can speak russian, you can get a good job in the american navy. living situations will be better.

you'd probably get bullied or worse in the russian navy desu. you'd stick out. you're an American.
>>
>>18603214
I be of russian culture and upbringing too.

I stick out in america too. But you're right, i'll prob stick out there more.
>>
>>18603219
Do you know if russian military pays better? I would assume not but I have no idea.

Do you have any family that lives in Russia? You would have to live there for your whole enlistment process, don't know how they do it over there, but in the states it takes up to a year, and thats for enlisted. Officer the wait is even longer.
>>
File: rs mil.jpg (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rs mil.jpg
141KB, 800x600px
>>18603201
I say go for it if you're into that sorta thing.
>>
>>18603222
i never really looked into the pay, I don't do it for the pay.

but yes, I do have family. But while I go through the contract making, will I be conscripted like a regular faggot? I've heard bad stuff about conscription in Russia ...
>>
>>18603223
Russia seems like so much fun, I don't care if it's a shithole
>>
File: kolchak_disgust.jpg (6KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
kolchak_disgust.jpg
6KB, 240x180px
>>18603233
>>18603223
for all of you degenerate faggots this might be fun ...

but not for me ...
>>
>>18603201
>Asking westerners who get all their information about Russia from the corporate media about how it is in Russia.

Ask someone who's currently serving in the Russian armed forces. AFAIK they're looking for more professional cadres so so you're bound to find a job. Also keep in mind that hazing happens in conscripted units and even then usually in the ones that require the least amount of intellectual capacity(construction troops, guard garrisons, reserve infantry brigades, etc.). The navy, being a nechnocratic branch of the military, will propabably have a calmer and more professional athmosphere.
>>
>>18603214
>you'd stick out. you're an American.
That's good. The Russians would respect a foreigner wanting join the Russian armed forces since this encourages others to come too. There are long term plans for the Russian army to create a foreign legion.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.