[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ I'm a fuck up but I've created a list of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: checklist[1].jpg (122KB, 1000x857px) Image search: [Google]
checklist[1].jpg
122KB, 1000x857px
Hey /adv/ I'm a fuck up but I've created a list of habits I want to start and I would love some feedback on it.
>Wake up and sleep roughly same times every day
>30+ minutes of intense exercise 3 days a week
>For weight/muscle gain eat 1 gram of protein per pound I weight each day
>Cook balanced meals with necessary nutrients
>Cold showers twice a day
>Make bed every morning
>Get 30+ minutes of sunlight each day
>Shut off all electronics and 30 mins before sleep
>28 hours a week of studying, maybe 4 hours a day
>Attend to finances and other personal things every week
>Meditate 5 minutes a day
>Start one conversation with a real person every day
>Paragraph long journal entry each day
>Sweep floor each week, mop each month
>Buy groceries every 2-3 weeks
>Read parts of any good book every day
>Reconnect with friends before end of the year
What do you guys think? Any thing I should add/remove?

also any way to keep myself accountable for all of this? Really want to stick with it.
>>
I think it's good that you know what you want to change, but that's a long list and it's going to get overwhelming. Rearrange the list by priority, make the top three a habit before you take on three more, which you want to make a habit before taking on three more etc.

>also any way to keep myself accountable for all of this? Really want to stick with it.
Telling people about changes you want to make helps keep you accountable because you don't want to seem like a failure if you don't. It doesn't sound like you talk to many people though, so that might not be the best tactic, at least not at the start. I would suggest putting up the list somewhere prominent in your house, where you'll see it every day. Also make a schedule and set alarms where necessary e.g. getting exercise and sleeping hours.
>>
>>18603058
I think it's a good list! The main thing I would recommend is to not be too hard on yourself if you mess up occasionally. Probably the main reason people give up on these sorts of things is that they screw up, feel guilty, feel hopeless, keep messing up, and then never get back on the wagon.

A lot of people take a "no excuses" attitude toward goals like these, which is good to a point, but you need to also be kind to yourself as well.
>>
Good luck bro!
Just don't get overwhelmed!
>>
>>18603070
I think
>Wake up and sleep roughly same times every day
>30+ minutes of intense exercise 3 days a week
>28 hours a week of studying, maybe 4 hours a day
are my absolute top priorities. Have been only taking cold showers since March(to remind myself of a painful experience) so that one shouldn't be too bad, just need to do it more often so I guess I have a top 4.

I think I'll start using my spare post-it notes for the main parts of the list. I'll also for sure make a schedule and set alarms. Already have my comp set to auto-shutdown at 12:25, gonna set it earlier soon.

Thanks for the advice, anon, I think this is some useful stuff.

>>18603086
>>18603096
Thanks for the support! I really hope I'll be able to not get overwhelmed, I wrote all of this while in the hospital with my dad and mortality really hit me like a truck. I don't know how long he has(nothing diagnosed 100% yet) but I really want to be a man he can be proud of before his day and my own come.
>>
Good list anon
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.