[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are any misanthropes willing to help me out here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: flag of new jersey.jpg (99KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
flag of new jersey.jpg
99KB, 600x400px
Humanity is actually a scourge, and being a human is a curse. You're all programmed as primates to scorn people for having opinions like this, especially in delicate social periods like middle school and high school, but the truth is that this opinion is completely reasonable. So, I'm wondering if any of those who agree with me know what to do. I'm supposed to go to college very soon, but I actually have the urge to take a flight out of here without any preparation for life when I land. The plan sounds overly emotional, to the point of being stupid, so I was wondering if any of you guys who are cool have advice that could be helpful and mature.
>>
I'd recommend suicide desu~
>>
There's an important piece of info we need before we can give you any advice:

What do you want?
>>
>>18601872
>suicide
>desu
Exhibit a.

>>18601875
>What do you want?
I don't know if anyone is good, myself included, but some people are not bad. I just want peace, and enough money to pursue my hobbies, which include community service and charity. It would be nice to have a career that helps people, as a sort of counter-balance to this misanthropy. I like music, outdoor activities, and things like music/film/videogames. Sex is nice too. I think it's easy to get operating from a detached perspective.
>>
>>18601886
That sounds like a remarkably responsible and well-balanced set of wants.

So your highest priority should be to find out what jobs are available to you, and what kind of skill set or education you need before you can get one. You're still young, and you have some time to figure this out. Don't stress about it yet.
>>
>>18601902
What can I do about the frustration and the resentment? My family and my ex-best friend are actually sick in the head, and feel entitled to me. My roommates are unhygienic assholes who use up my household items and don't replace them. Doing laundry takes an entire day, because I need to use special methods to counter their unsanitary practices. People don't hire me because I'm just average looking, and not a female.

Should I try engaging in some agnostic-compatible Eastern philosophies? Everyone at the Zen gathering is a successful business man, or at least a worker for a good salary. Their new-age wives are at the Yoga center, along with some new-agey scammers. It makes me feel even more incompatible with people. Everyone else is just engaging in this blind consumerism and addiction, and/or tending to a bunch of children.

This is a lot of complaining here, but I made the thread so I could know what to do about my poorly managed emotions. Do you know where I'm coming from? Have you ever dealt with these feelings?
>>
>>18601916
>Have you ever dealt with these feelings?
No. So, you know, take my advice with however much salt you want.

But it sounds to me like you may benefit from living alone, if that's an option for you. I'm not saying that you should avoid people entirely, but your home should be a place where you feel as comfortable as possible, and if living with others makes that hard for you, try claiming a space for yourself.

>My family and my ex-best friend are actually sick in the head, and feel entitled to me.
See above. Set boundaries. You don't need to cut them out of your life, but no one is entitled to your time but you.

>People don't hire me because I'm just average looking, and not a female.
I'm... not sure where you've gotten this idea, but I can guarantee you that there are plenty of employed average-looking men. There may be another reason.

>Should I try engaging in some agnostic-compatible Eastern philosophies?
Worth a try. Lots of folks philosophy & religion extremely meaningful and fulfilling. Don't worry about how other people practice, just do it by yourself.
>>
>>18601866
>You're all programmed as primates to scorn people for having opinions like this

Jesus kid, come down from that high horse. Not everyones retarded like on fox news.
>>
>>18601942
I'm talking in extremes here, sorry. We're all subject to kind of thing, whether we watch Fox or not. We all shun each other for primitive reasons, from time to time.

>>18601939
>There may be another reason you're not getting employed.
It's also because I keep looking in customer service. In this area, appearance matters a lot. Another sector or whatever will probably hire me. I'm going to a year-long training program for that reason.

>Just do it by yourself.
Good idea. Thank you.
>>
>>18601942
>hurr durr fox news
nice 15+ year old joke there bud. I'm pretty sure Bill Hicks was talking shit about fox news when he was alive.
>>
>>18601866
I'm misanthropic but it's not all it's cracked up to be, slowly slowly you'll see that you're pushing ppl you want to keep around away and soon you'll be fully lonely and not even realize it. I wish I was more indifferent rather than outright hateful cause I'm seeing ppl who still wanna be around me, but they do so at arms distance. I've made my she'll too hard and now I'm trying to crack it, don't be like me man.
>>
>>18601966
When I let silly people get too close, I become critical and angry with them, and I think it hurts them.
>>
>>18601916
I remember resenting the world and everyone in it when I was in my late teens.
Got into zen meditation through martial arts. Made the world a shit ton nicer to be in. Martial arts in general helped me, but zen managed to completely calm my thoughts down for some time and gave me another view on life.

I understand that from from your standpoint college might seem terryfying. But you could actually find good people there that can bring you farther in life. Your family is bad and your roomates are bad, tough luck, but now you're a grown man and surround yourself with people you aspire to. If you manage to find a cool group of ambitious and nice people you'll become ambitious and nice too. If you surround yourself with low life druggies all day you'll become one yourself.
>>
File: R1VZwdh.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
R1VZwdh.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
pic related
>>
Your pic is most appropriate to the subject of the thread.

Life will only begin when we escape this foul state.
>>
>>18602046
>>18602054
>brothers
>>
>>18601866
I can agree humanity is a scourge but not neccisarily that it is a curse. There are many privileges humans get on this planet that other species do not have.
>>
>>18602028
Yes but only be like that with silly people, at first for me it was just stupid people, then it slowly turned into anyone who got on my nerves, even ppl I care about.
>>
File: y3l3ntmo9rcy.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
y3l3ntmo9rcy.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>18601866
>>
File: N4VMz25.png (596KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
N4VMz25.png
596KB, 736x736px
>>18601866

>misanthropes
>help

Hahaha. Okay then.
>>
>>18602755
>programmed as primates to scorn people for having opinions like this, especially in delicate social periods like middle school and high school

>>18602743
It's probably not good to be hostile towards anyone, unless it's necessary for self-defense. People who get criticized harshly usually just run away, instead of changing. It probably doesn't do the world any good to chew people out, not even horrible people.
>>
>>18602765
I was one of these people until my mid 20s. It's a fucking stupid way to look at things and you'll grow out of it as well.
>>
>>18602777
>people need to be mature and have good opinions
>people who have opinions I don't like are "fucking stupid"
Exhibit b?

What changed in your mid 20's, got yo dic sucked?
>>
>>18602799
I mean, you could say that, losing my virginity and starting to date girls was part of it. When I started meeting a wide variety of people I found that most of them had good intentions and things really weren't so bad.

And I didn't mean to call you stupid. A more accurate way to phrase what I intended would be "It's not productive".
>>
>>18602807
Losing my virginity and starting to date girls was the descent into it, my man. So was meeting a wide variety of people.

>I should have said it's "not productive."
It's not very productive, I'll give you that. Sometimes I don't even want to produce CO2.
>>
>>18602815
Consider trying a psychedelic.
>>
>>18602820
Does that mean my personality is fucked up, or just that my worldview is too limited? I get hypervigilant and depersonalized when I smoke weed, even. Maybe you could tell me what I should work towards realizing?
>>
>>18602820
Low doses of DXM did it for me. Not a psychedelic and I'm still kind of confused as to why it helped me since it's a dissociative, but it did
>>
>>18602824
Whenever I take acid I find it helps me view things from a more neutral perspective since my ego is so suppressed, and it was very comforting when I was at my angriest. Meditation can do the same thing if you're drug averse but it takes much longer.
>>
>>18602824
I'm not sure if it's good to have a goal when you're taking a drug, at least not the first times when you're getting used to it. Sometimes I get spiritual feeling on DXM, sometimes I don't, but I try not to have the goal to get spiritual because I don't want to be disappointed if it seems like that's not gonna happen
>>
>>18602826
Many people believe that depersonalization can be a protective mechanism. I haven't felt like anything is real in about two years.

>>18602830
I can try meditation. In a state like this, it's heavy shit to sit alone with your thoughts, but you're right that something very beneficial could come of it. It's just a matter of making time and pushing oneself to do it. There are several meditation groups in my area.
>>
>>18601866
You don't have to do anything. You'll grow out of that mindset by your early 20s. It happens to everyone.
>>
>>18602891
That's a pleasant belief, my man.
>>
>>18602891
>lmao you're immature!!
Exhibit c.
>>
>>18602899
>I am infallible
>>
>>18602904
It sometimes becomes difficult to tell which anon made a post. Please continue being an expert debater, though.

>>18602899
No, my man, you're exhibit b. There is no c yet. Keep up.
>>
>>18601866
Join the alt-right
>>
Don't join the Alt-Right. Fight them instead.
>>
>>18601866
Explain why you think this is a reasonable opinion.
>>
>>18602985
Most people's bad experiences outnumber the good, even if this is supposedly the best time in history, and fellow humans are to blame for that. The specific way people are harmful is grueling, complicated, and unnecessary. Getting mauled by a bear, for instance, is extremely harmful, but the way people are harmful is particularly disappointing and easy to resent. If getting mauled by a bear is like being killed with a knife, then dealing with humanity is like getting killed with a disposable, plastic table knife.

Sorry for the shitty poetry. I am just expressing my outlook and feelings, after all. You are free to believe whatever you want.
>>
>>18603035
Why wallow in it if you're stuck here?
>>
>>18603064
I'm not trying to wallow. You're right, there's no 'reason' to.

I just have this acute attention to negative things people do, probably because of my background. It doesn't keep me in a low mood for long, but it creates a ton of distance between me and everyone else, which can be painful. I still give new people the benefit of the doubt, because that seems to be the only way to successfully operate.
>>
>>18601866
kys
>>
>>18603424
Why did you revive my thread? Explain yourself.
>>
>>18603432
He wanted to tell you to kys because you're an annoying faggot
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.